The Second Thousand - A Noob's Journey (Less Than 80 Levels Left)

The highlight of my weekend on Runescape was completing two quests. Not just any quests, mind you, but Icthlarin's Little Helper and...drum roll...Smoking Kills. I can now earn slayer points for completing tasks, and buy fun items like a slayer helmet.

So, about these quests - they were both more difficult than I anticipated, but that was due primarily to my lack of adequate preparation. I always seem to forget to do or bring something, which adds time and unnecessary difficulty to the quest.

Icthlarin's Little Helper (hereafter called ILH) was a challenge, particularly trying to get through the various traps and rooms in the temple. I fell prey to the wall traps a few times, and then realized I hadn't brought food. I got poisoned by the insect swarm and then realized I hadn't brought anti-poison. This definitely should have killed me, but I got very lucky. With under 200 hit points, I reached the door code puzzle. I spent extra time on that screen, noting that my hit points were not decreasing. I waited for the poison to wear off, and solved the puzzle. After completing the puzzle and leaving the temple, my son met me outside the city gates and gave me a handful of sharks and a 4-dose anti-poison. That was enough to finish the quest:

[spoiler=ILH Complete]IcthlarinsLittleHelper2.png

Apparently, my character is quite self-assured and ambitious, as I bragged to the Wanderer:

[spoiler=The Noob Who Would Be King]IcthlarinsLittleHelper1.png

After a short break, I moved on to Smoking Kills. This was a straightforward and overall simple quest, until I got to the Banshees. I went into their section of the dungeon completely unprepared for the amount of damage I would take, so I beat a hasty retreat and hit the bank (First United Desert Bank?) for a full inventory of food. The next trip was better, as I snuck up the west side of the cave which minimized the attacks, passed through the barrier, and vanquished my final foe, freeing someone's sister or something like that. My memory is fuzzy, as I was focused on not running out of prayer points, which I did during the middle of the boss fight. As my protection against ranged wore out, I made a mental note to bring prayer potions in the future. I'm certain that by now it is clear that I am too often woefully unprepared. Amazingly, I have not died yet, other than at the hands of PKers in the Wilderness course. I finished this quest with just over 200 hit points, a few food and zero prayer points:

[spoiler=Smoking Kills, But It Didn't Get Me]SmokingKills.png

There were a handful of other things I did during my weekend sessions:

• Took part in the mining competition held by our clan. I didn't come close to winning, but I did level mining twice (to 63).
  • Purchased 750K experience worth of yew logs and bow strings (5K of each), which cost approximately 2.9 million. I should be able to break even on the sale of the finished longbows.
  • Fletched 2,000 of the logs.
  • Played Vinesweeper for a little while, trading in the points for 1,600 farming experience.
  • Traded in a medium lamp won on a SoF spin for runecrafting experience, leveling to 42.
  • Used a JoT experience tome on summoning, leveling to 42.

Bonus Top 15 Player Snipe:

[spoiler=Is It Easy Being Green?]Green098.png

She was taking part in some Kia Kaha clan discussion with a few other clan mates at the Edgeville lodestone. I tried to think of something to say, but decided to not interrupt. She was not training any skills, but she did look to be chatting efficiently.

Finally, thanks to those of you who read this blog. Reaching 5,000 views is a nice milestone.

Total levels = 1,472

My last session was broken into three major components - slayer tasks, skilling in the clan citadel, and chopping ivy.

Slayer Tasks - I completed five tasks, earning my first-ever slayer points on the fifth one. I'm using Vannaka in the Edgeville Dungeon - the tasks aren't overly simple like the ones from the Canifis slayer master, and not too difficult like Sumona's in Pollnivneach. The five:

- 53 green dragons - this one was ridiculous. Not because of the difficulty of the mob, but because of the bots infesting every single world I tried. It was tough to get one hit in, let alone deal the majority of the damage required to get slayer credit for that mob. There were at least half a dozen bots present, rushing from one green dragon to the next. I figured the best strategy was to stand right by where one re-popped, and hope to get a couple hits in before the damage-dealing, mindless hoard arrived. This task took about two hours to complete, but I did level slayer to 47.

- 75 banshees - having just completed Smoking Kills, I was scared of this task at first, thinking only of the level 90 evil banshees that nearly killed me on my run to the boss. Then I realized these were the level 23 banshees in the Slayer Tower. After green dragons, this seemed absurdly easy.

- 114 ice giants - this may be my new favorite combat mob. It's easy to deal damage, they don't hit very hard, they drop charms at a 50+% rate, the big bones give nice prayer experience, and they give 70 slayer exp each. I leveled attack to 67 and slayer to 48 on this task, and received 59 charms.

- 60 hill giants - super easy, and I buried the big bones, leveling prayer to 51.

- 100 ice giants - so nice, I got to fight them twice! 56 charms this time, and a lantadyme seed (currently worth 20K at GE) drop. I also leveled slayer to 49.

Clan Citadel Skilling - I find myself looking forward to Tuesdays, because the build tick resets and I can scoop up 100K+ of free, relaxing experience. I spent time smithing (level 58), summoning, mining, firemaking and crafting (level 70):

[spoiler=He's Crafty, He Gets Around]craftinglvl70.png

I used the clan fealty bonus on runecrafting, which unfortunately was not enough for a new level.

Chopping Ivy - I spent about two hours at my regular ivy spot along the southern wall of Falador. Charging my clan ring at the woodcutting plot gave me 25K of bonus experience, which is always nice. I earned a shade over 164K experience, halving the amount required for level 92.

A couple other things resulting in levels:

- I received a random event upon departing the clan citadel, and used the experience lamp on farming, leveling that skill to 41.

- I used the JoT aura to earn an experience tome, which I used on herblore, leveling that to 41.

All told yesterday, I earned a total of 416K experience, my third-highest daily total, including at least 10K in 10 different skills. Unfortunately, none of that experience was in dungeoneering. I had been hopeful for the weekly update to include the dungeoneering enhancements, but since the update was postponed a day, I decided to wait a little longer to once again enter the dungeons of Daemonheim.

Total levels = 1,481

You're doing good progress, Gregor. You are getting close to halfway to 2k total now! Congratulations on those recently level ups :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I'm now eight levels closer to 1,500 total. Four of them were quick, and four were slow.

The quick ones:

- The Squeal of Fortune, which seems to be stuck on giving me 50 coins each spin, was decent enough to me one day to give me two small experience lamps. I used both on runecrafting, leveling that skill to 43.

- I used a JoT experience tome on runecrafting, leveling to 44. This was a number I'd been working (albeit very slowly) towards, because now I can make my own nature runes. This should make alching items more profitable.

- I used the rest of the oak planks (around 370) in my bank to build larders in my house, leveling construction twice (to 52). My butler must be wondering what the heck I'm doing, but he always fetches planks with the greatest of discretion. The fact that I pay him so well must have a lot to do with that.

The slow ones:

I headed into the dungeons below Daemonheim to try out the new belts (tools and keys), and the stacking of gathered raw materials. I am definitely a fan of both parts of this upgrade. It really helps me with my inventory management, which is important for a solo dungeoneer. I completed a total of nine floors - 18 through 25, and then resetting my prestige and finishing floor 1. I went through all of them on complexity level six, and earned between 1900 and 3200 (floor 25) experience per floor, with most of them between 2100-2400. My quickest time was 14:39, but I wasn't focused on speed for this session. I was taking some time to get experience in various skills such as fishing, smithing, mining, and combat. The toughest boss for me was Sagittare, the archer, as I died twice to him. The easiest was Stomp, who I faced twice and had a very simple time of it on both occasions. The weirdest mob was a forgotten warrior in a puzzle room on floor 19. I got him down to almost zero hit points, and then missed the next 40 swings (at least). I went through all of the food in my inventory, and I was scrambling to figure out if this was part of the puzzle, if there was some other way I needed to finish him off. It looked, however, like this was just a random quirk and I finally bested him.

The nine floors earned me a total of about 20,500 dungeoneering experience, and a lot of experience in other skills, primarily fishing. Fishing turns out to be excellent experience in the dungeons. I routinely was earning 3K+ exp per floor, and I leveled fishing to 66 in the process. All the dungeoneering experience earned resulted in three levels (to 50), which is good because now I can bind a second item:

[spoiler=Dungeoneering]dungeoneeringlvl50.png

Total levels = 1,489

Thanks for the comments!

Normally, I report this at the end of each entry, but I'm putting it at the beginning of this post:

Total Levels = 1,500!

Here's a comparison of where I am currently, compared to my stats at the beginning of this blog (level 1,000):

1500milestone.png1000lvl2.png

My goal was to achieve this in 25 game days (600 hours played), and I made it in 24 (576 hours). I've earned a total of just under 18.8 million experience. I've come a long way since the first post in this blog, 373 hours of gaming and about 7 1/2 months ago.

So...what did I do to get those final 11 levels?

[spoiler=Chopping Ivy (Level 92)]woodcuttinglvl92.png

[spoiler=Fletching A Ton Of Yew (Level 87)]fletchinglvl87.png

I spent an hour using the Five-Finger aura in the Thieves' Guild, earning 47,400 experience and leveling twice (to 60):

[spoiler=Stealing Hankies]thievinglvl60.png

I used the bonus experience from the JoT aura to level summoning to 43.

The other six levels were earned while completing three slayer tasks. For the first task, I was assigned 94 vampyres. They were easy, but the drops are lousy and the leeches suck (pun intended). Next, I was given the task to exterminate 85 cyclopes. I was not even aware this was a possible monster to be assigned, but it worked out great. I still had more than 200 tokens in each of the five mini-games from my previous foray into the Warrior's Guild to get my dragon defender. The slayer experience was excellent, and I got a spare dragon defender as a drop. I also leveled constitution to 67, defense to 64, strength to 67, my total combat level to 87, and slayer to 50:

[spoiler=Cyclopes Give Good Dropes]slayerlvl50.png

My third and final task of the session was 115 otherworldly beings, resulting in my first trip to Zanaris since gaining access to the fairy rings. While easy and not aggressive, these beasts were a disappointing task due to the lack of decent drops. I did level attack to 68, increasing my total combat level once again, to 88. With about 15 beings left on the task, I reached my 1,500th level, which happened to be level 51 in slayer. Oh, happy day.

So what's next for me? Why, 1,600 levels of course, but I will not be feeling nearly the same push as I did to reach 1,500. I'm going to take my time and hopefully enjoy doing some more quests (seriously!) and tasks. I'll keep having fun, and I'll keep posting about my adventures and accomplishments.

Congratulations! Here's to the next hundred. :lol:

Thanks for checking in, Will!

My first session as a level 1500 was fairly dull, at least for blogging purposes. I trained in the clan citadel, leveling smithing (59), crafting (71) and cooking (73), while getting some experience in summoning and mining as well. I used the clan fealty experience on herblore, which gave the same amount of experience as the Jack of Trades bonus tome does. After charging my clan ring at the woodcutting plot, I chopped ivy for about an hour, taking advantage of the 25,300 bonus experience.

While I was skilling, I started thinking about the next two hundred levels. I had a good road map for levels 1,300 - 1,500, and wanted to figure out the most likely path to 1,700. I certainly want to get all my sklls to at least level 50, which would take care of 20% of the 200 levels. I would like to get slayer to 65 and dungeoneering to 60, which would be another 24 levels. If all goes according to plan, I'll gain three levels in magic, woodcutting, and fletching, with at least six in every other skill. Plans and reality rarely match, however.

After charting a path to 1,700 total levels, I calculated that I would need approximately 13.7 million experience to gain those specific 200 levels. At an average rate of 34,000 exp/hour (my current rate is about 32,500), that works out to just over 400 hours of game play. Two hours per level, on average. The path does not seem so daunting when I look at it this way.

This is what I think about when chopping ivy.

Total levels = 1,503

Damn. I just accidentally deleted my entire entry, and am retyping. You now are going to get the abbreviated version of my original post.

*sigh*

Thanks for the comments, Turnpike and JustAlex!

Here's what I did yesterday, in about five hours of gameplay:

- Earned three levels and 365K total experience, my fourth-highest one-day total.

- I leveled herblore to 42, using the JoT aura.

- I strung 1,000 of the 5,000 yew longbows in my bank, planning to alch all 1,000. However, I got extremely bored after about 500, and quit after about 620, when I leveled magic to 68. I made a mental note (likely to be forgotten) to only alch while in front of a television or second monitor, so I can watch something while clicking. I sold the other 380 finished bows.

- I spent about two hours chopping ivy in world 86, my first visit to a 1,500+ world. This world just felt more refined, more sophisticated, more peaceful. Okay, not really, but it was cool to finally be able to log on to this world, even if I was the fish in a tank of sharks. For the day, I earned more than 176K woodcutting experience, my best daily total in that skill. Fortunately, I got four bird nest drops, with a palm tree seed (worth 101K) in one.

- I dove into the dungeons of Daemonheim and cleared floors two through eight (small c6), earning a total of about 12K dungeoneering experience and leveling that skill to 51. I used my second bind on zephyrium plate, which is nice because now when starting a floor I don't have to be worried about going through food while fighting mobs in the first couple of rooms.

My best floor time was 9:30, with most floors completed in the 12-17 minute range. Not quick, but I did spend some time fishing, mining, smithing, and fighting non-guardian mobs. Overall, it's good total hourly experience (for all skills combined), but this is one slow-leveling individual skill, particularly doing it this way. It is similar to slayer, in that the experience earned while training the skill is secondary to the total experience earned in other skills.

Total levels = 1,506

Congratulations on hitting 1,5k total! The next 500 levels will be harder than the first 500, but I am sure you will be able to do it. Congratulations on those recent level-ups.

lGxorje.png

Yeah, I know that the next 500 will take a lot longer than the previous 500, but hopefully it will be a fun journey.

Yesterday I gained experience in every skill except for construction. Getting the JoT bonus experience took care of 11 skills, dungeoneering added most of the rest, and training slayer, along with a a few experience lamps from Squeal and random events, got me experience in the last handful.

I spent some time chopping ivy and fletching, getting each under 275K to level. I also killed some time burning maple logs, raising my firemaking level (to 77). Most of my day, however, was spent either in Daemonheim or on slayer tasks.

Dungeoneering - I soloed floors 9-13, on complexity six in small dungeons. As in my last session, I didn't get through the floors as quickly as possible, but took some time on skills like fishing and mining. I completed the floors in times ranging from 11:40 to 18:10, and earned enough experience to level dungeoneering (52). All five bosses were simple and I remained alive for the entire time.

Slayer - Four tasks. What were they? I'm glad you asked:

- 114 lesser demons. This was surprisingly simple, although these fellows don't drop anything worthwile. I leveled defense to 65, which means I can now wear bandos armor (my son said he would loan me some):

[spoiler=Demon Defense]defenselvl65.png

- 96 fungal magi. In my limited experience slaying, this is without question the worst task I've been assigned. Because this was my 10th consecutive task, I wanted the biggest bonus I thought I could handle, so I went to Chaeldar in Zanaris instead of Vannaka. The moment I saw this assignment, my shoulders slumped; not because the magi are so difficult, but because the task is expensive (cost of runes and food) and time-consuming. It took me about two hours to fire blast all 96 of these creatures. The cost was well in excess of 400K as I purchased 1,000 death runes and used about 65 sharks to replenish hit points. An interesting thing that I noticed was that I took less damage fighting it up close and taking the repeated 2-4 points worth of damage, than fighting it at a distance and taking the less frequent 30-60 points of damage.

The good parts of this task were leveling magic (to 69) and slayer (to 52), getting about 325K worth of loot, and the slayer point bonus of 50 points:

[spoiler=Fungal Magi - Worth It For Bonus]slayer10tasks.png

- 33 crocodiles. After the prior task, this was laughably easy. I leveled slayer (to 53) and constitution (to 68). No drops at all.

- 88 pyrefiends. After making the long trek from Seers' Village to the middle of the slayer caves in Relleka, I started ranging these beasts only to realize I had completely forgotten to bring food. I do this way too often. After coming back with food, this was a quick and painless task. The drops were pretty lousy once again, with 11 charms the only items of any real worth. I used a mithril crossbow and enchanted pearl bolts, resulting in a ranging level (54).

Total levels = 1,514

Another small step for a noob was taken yesterday, as I reached 20,000,000 total experience:

[spoiler=The First 20 Million Is Always The Hardest]20Mtotalexperience.png

When there are players who get 20 million experience in a single day, or in a week, this milestone seems a bit underwhelming, but people get excited about a $100 bonus in their paycheck even though Bill Gates could blow his nose with $100 bills.

I reached this mark by training in the clan citadel. I leveled mining (64), summoning (44) and crafting (72), and also trained cooking and smithing. I earned a total of 173K in the citadel, along with a fealty bonus applied to herblore and 25K bonus experience at woodcutting via my clan ring. As time goes on, I appreciate more and more the ability to earn weekly free experience.

While I was chopping ivy and earning the bonus experience, I received a random event (feed the bad cat some uncooked fish), and used the bonus lamp on hunter, leveling that skill to 41.

...and that was it for yesterday, folks.

Total levels = 1,518

I started yesterday's session on the Squeal of Fortune and earned a medium runecrafting lamp. I then used the JoT bonus experience on runecrafting, resulting in level 45:

[spoiler=This Did Not Rune My Day]runecraftinglvl45.png

During the day I got to experience two things I never have before: hunting swamp lizards, and battling an evil yew tree. I decided that it was finally time to expend some actual training effort on the hunter skill, so I purchased three small fishing nets and three coils of rope and used the fairy ring transport to get over to Morytania. From there, it was a short walk to the swamps southeast of Canifis, where I set traps for the swamp lizards. I did have guam tar, but figured out quickly that it was basically unnecessary, as the lizards were setting off the traps without any bait. I kept three traps going at once, and made bank runs with full inventories of lizards. The biggest problem was the ghast that kept haunting me, but it did little damage so other than shoving him a few times I simply ignored him. I leveled hunter four times (to 45), but forgot to save the screenshot.

While chopping ivy along the south wall of Falador, a clan mate and I noticed a large root springing from the ground. My friend went off in search of the evil tree, which he located south of the Draynor manor. I rushed over and started chopping away at the tree and its roots. This was the first time battling an evil tree, and it was fun and good experience:

[spoiler=Yew, Sir, Are Evil]eviltree.png

We were accompanied by a half-dozen other brave adventurers, and a smart-aleck leprechaun (is there any other kind?), and the battle took about 10 minutes. Finally, we were victorious and we received our rewards, buried in the trunk of the now-deceased tree:

[spoiler=Yew, Sir, Are Dead]eviltree2.png

In addition to the tangible rewards, yew logs that I cut for the following 22 minutes were magically transported to my bank (once my inventory was full), and the trees that I chopped were felled less often. What a generous leprechaun! I also received a Squeal ticket while hacking away at the roots, which resulted in a small exp lamp that I used to level farming to 42. By the time I was finished chopping yew logs and ivy, I reduced the experience to level woodcutting to under 100K.

I also purchased 5,000 bow strings and yew logs from the Grand Exchange, because combined they were less than 600 coins each and I can sell finished yew longbows for more than 600, so that's (slightly) profitable and quicker fletching experience. I fletched long enough to get below 150K from level 88.

Total levels = 1,524

No images from my last session, which was a short one. I picked up some herblore experience with my JoT aura, but not enough to level. I planned to level hunter a few more times, but I was called away from the computer with all three traps set, so when I returned and logged back in, they were gone. I purchased some replacement nets and rope, but I will wait a bit before heading back to the land of the lizards (and the ghast). I may try falconry next, anyway, since I hit level 45.

My current slayer assignment is jellies, so I loaded up on sharks (I remembered!) and started battling them with gusto. Unfortunately, they hit fairly hard and frequently, so I was able to kill just 23 of the 63 assigned before running out of food. I didn't feel like going back for another round so instead I went dungeoneering. I finished off floors 14-18, selecting small c6 floors aside from trying a medium for the first time on floor 15. It took me more than 30 minutes to get through that floor and I earned 4,300 dungeoneering experience. I can definitely get through future mediums more quickly, but for the rest of the floors I stuck to small. The toughest boss for me was the hobgoblin geomancer, who dealt my only death for the session. I leveled dungeoneering to 53, gaining approximately 13,800 experience in the skill over the five floors. On the 18th, I picked up a forgotten memory device; apparently this has something to do with the Fremennik Sagas.

By the way, I'm typing this entry at my local library, and either the guy at the table to my left, or the guy at the table to my right, smells like a mix of sweat and old farts. I can't figure out who it is, but I'm too lazy to get up and move to another floor. I'm just glad that I don't have any more to type.

Total levels = 1,525

There should be two images in this post, but I screwed up saving one of them so, alas, just a single shot, of me achieving level 88 in fletching:

[spoiler=Carving Out Another Level]fletchinglvl88.png

I got more than 182K fletching experience, which is my third-highest daily total in a single skill (first and second are also in fletching).

My missed picture was leveling woodcutting to 93. I got this switching off between yews and ivy, and am now firmly past the halfway mark to 99.

I fished for lobster in Catherby for a little while, and then cooked them by the bank. After fishing in the dungeons of Daemonheim, this method of training seems interminably slow. After just two inventories' worth of seafood, in which I earned enough cooking experience to level to 74, I gave up and went directly to the dungeons. I stuck to the c6 small floors, completing floors 19-23 and leveling dungeoneering (54) and fishing (67). I died one time, to Har'laak Riftsplitter, who lit me on fire as I did not react quickly enough. The most frustrating floor for me was the 19th, as I was poisoned five times by dungeon spiders. That's gotta be a record.

After about an hour and 20 minutes of dungeoneering, I spent an hour with the Five Finger Discount in the Thieves' Guild, earning nearly 50K experience and leveling the skill twice (61, 62). I received a random event, and used the bonus experience in herblore, leveling that skill to 43. Then I called it a day, earning more than 420K experience which is the third-most I've received in a day.

Total levels = 1,533

On the Squeal of Fortune I received a huge experience lamp for the first time ever:

[spoiler=Still Not A Fan, But I'll Take the Experience]hugexplamp.png

I used it on herblore, leveling that skill to 44. That experience, combined with using my JoT aura bonus and a random event experience lamp on herblore, leveled that skill again to 45:

[spoiler=Super Attack Potion Qualified]herblorelvl45.png

I spent the rest of the session skilling in the clan citadel, and chopping ivy using the clan ring charged at the woodcutting plot. I trained summoning, cooking, crafting (leveled to 73) and smithing (60):

[spoiler=Smithterious]smithinglvl60.png

Why do I carry that hatchet around for all the pictures? I need to stop that.

All that skilling resulted in 270K total experience for the day, and three levels.

My clan chat was abuzz with talk of runespan, so that's definitely something I'll be checking out in an upcoming session.

Total levels = 1,537

I have also been wondering over that hatchet of yours. It seems to be in pretty much every picture you upload here :P

Anyway, it's nice to see you're still doing some great progress. Keep it up my fellow blogscape friend :)

And good luck.

lGxorje.png

Runespan. The new best skill for lazy players. I tried it out for the first time yesterday for a few hours, and came away with 11(!) levels. I went in level 45 and came out level 56. Here are pics from levels 50 and 55:

[spoiler=Spanning the Globe]runecraftinglvl50.png

runecraftinglvl55.png

I have to wonder if they're going to be nerfing the experience rates at all. While this method of training makes no money, it is so easy and non-click-intensive. I took the tour offered by Wizard Finix, and then made my way through the first level and then the second, finally settling on a spot with nature esshounds and a couple of nice energy nodes. Once I reached level 54, I found an island with a law esshound and a chaotic node, which together threw off some excellent experience. I had five opportunities to help a wizard dressed in yellow robes, earning between 644-770 experience (the amount increased each time).

In all, I earned more than 127K experience in runecrafting, which is about double the total experience I had in the skill prior to yesterday. I also earned 2,070 points which will eventually be used to get some wicked gear. I even stumbled upon a runesphere, although unfortunately for me it required a runecrafting level in the 80s to draw from it:

[spoiler=Are You Spherious?]runespan.png

That session was certainly the highlight of my last handful of days, although I did have one nice day on the SoF - my three spins resulted in green dragonhide body, a medium experience lamp (used to attain level 43 in farming) and a second medium experience lamp in construction. The only other thing of note I had time to accomplish was chopping about 125K experience worth of ivy.

But Runespan...I will definitely be getting significantly more levels in runecrafting than anticipated over the next few months. I'll be using JoT and lamp experience on summoning, herblore, and farming from now on.

Total levels = 1,549

Yesterday's session resulted in lots of experience, lots of levels and lots of pictures.

I started outside the citadel entrance, ready to max resources for the week, but I stopped to spin the SoF first. I received a medium lamp that I used to level summoning to 45:

[spoiler=Did Summon Hear That Squeal?]summoninglvl45.png

At the citadel I trained summoning, then switched to mining (level 65) and then cooking (level 75), finishing with some crafting. Pics of the mining and cooking levels:

[spoiler=Making a Killing, Citadel Skilling]mininglvl65.png

cookinglvl75.png

I charged my clan ring at the woodcutting plot (of course) and spent about an hour chopping ivy. After using up the charge on the ring, and getting thoroughly bored of the ivy, I followed the siren call of Runespan. I spent two hours there, earning almost exactly 100K experience and 1,700 points. 50K exp/hour at my level is damn good compared to pre-update runecrafting training. I leveled four times (57-60):

[spoiler=Overly Enthusiastic Leveling In This Picture]runecraftinglvl60.png

While in the Runespan, I also leveled farming (44), thanks to a random event.

I took a break and then logged on again later, determined to finish my slayer task of jellies. I had 40 left to kill and I knew that would take a couple inventories' worth of shark, plus it is a long hike, even once inside the slayer dungeon. I hate this task more than fungal magi. The only thing somewhat positive about this task is that the jellies dropped charms at about a 30% rate.

After spreading more jelly than I have making sandwiches for my kids this entire school year, I went back to Vannaka and asked him for something easy, something mindless. He obliged, assigning 98 shades. This resulted in my first ever visit to Mort'ton, which was a long walk through the swamps (I got lost at least twice) away from Canifis. After realizing that the green shadows turned into shades when attacked, I got through the entire task eating just three sharks. Super easy, super mindless, but not a single drop worth anything. Oh well, can't have everything. I leveled strength (68), which increased my total combat level to 89.

Because I was close to leveling slayer, I requested one more assignment for the evening, and was given 116 moss giants. I switched into my ranging gear and made it through about 30 of them before quitting for the night. I leveled slayer (54) and ranged (55):

[spoiler=Trainspotting...Er, I Mean Safe-spotting]rangedlvl55.png

In all, 11 levels on the day, and 433K experience, which is either my third or fourth highest daily total. Unfortunately, I can't verify that currently because Runetrack has been down for a few days, and no one seems to have any information about the reasons for that. Hopefully it comes back up soon, because I need my fix of statistical analysis.

Total levels = 1,560