The Second Thousand - A Noob's Journey (Less Than 80 Levels Left)

How about a few pictures?

[spoiler=Level 99 Woodcutting? Oh Yes!]woodcuttinglvl99.png

woodcuttinglvl99-2.png

woodcuttingskillcape.png

I got within a few thousand experience, then used the Jack of Trades bonus experience tome at the clan citadel's dance floor. No need for a big celebration, although I did have my son standing by my side to watch the fireworks. I ike the cape very much.

Over the past three days I earned the final 814K experience, including 391K yesterday. My top four daily experience totals in a single skill are now in woodcutting.

I earned some agility experience playing Head-to-Head, and got two fragments of that magical amulet being 'given' away by the Squeal of Fortune. Obviously, that's a plan to get players to buy spins. I'm not taking the bait on this, or on anything requiring the purchase of spins.

Finally, I can get back to meandering my way through the game, spending an hour on something and then moving on to something else. This was a good exercise in diligence, but I'm ready for some questing, some combat training, and some dungeoneering.

Thanks for all of the recent comments!

Total levels = 1,750

Thanks, Kyle and Low_Levelled! I think that in my down time on Runescape, I'll be fletching, fishing, or in the Runespan, rather than chopping ivy. If I do any more woodcutting, it will probably be on actual trees so I can make a little coin.

After reaching level 99 in woodcutting on Saturday afternoon, I took the rest of the weekend off, logging in only for a few minutes each evening. I received a third pendant from the Squeal (attack) so now I have three to use. I've also received a total of six amulet fragments, which I think is worth 320K coins. We discussed in the clan whether we would buy SoF spins if we had already received nine fragments, needing just one more to get the millions in GP along with the 10 daily high-alchs. Not one clan mate stated that they would do so, although I wonder if those who would do so (or already have done so) were just keeping quiet.

I earned a total of 1,714,000 woodcutting experience during the clan competition, resulting in a third place finish (first place had 3.5 million). I'd like to still get another 50K or so of experience so that I crack the top 100,000 rankings in woodcutting. I'm in no rush to do so, however. In fact, I'm not really feeling a rush to do anything right now.

Total levels = 1,750

Since I had not leveled anything other than woodcutting in a week, I decided to head for the 'Span and train some runecrafting. I had a pendant giving 14K bonus experience that I won from the SoF, and I wanted to see if the place really had been nerfed. Yes, I can say authoritatively, it has been nerfed. Esslings, esshounds and esswraiths last for just five siphons instead of ten and nodes don't respawn nearly as quickly. I guess I should have pressed ahead for more levels a month or two ago. Leveling here is still nowhere near as slow, however, as doing things the traditional way. I spent long enough inside Runespan to reach level 78.

As mentioned in my last post, I had six amulet fragments from the SoF, so with four hours remaining until the fragments disappeared forever I decided to earn some free spins by completing easy quests. I finished six of them and received three more fragments, leaving me just one short of the 10 needed for more than five million gold. I had about 30 minutes remaining, which left me time for one final quest. I finished it with about 15 minutes to spare, spun the wheel, and came up with...a medium lamp and dragon ceremonial breastplate. So close. Two and a half million coins, though, looks good in my bank:

[spoiler=Nine Out Of Ten Ain't Bad]amuletfragments.png

Here's a short synopsis of the seven quests I completed, for a total of eight quest points:

Let Them Eat Pie - pretty disgusting, although the guy definitely deserved it:

[spoiler=I Can't Eat Another Bite]LetThemEatPie1.png

LetThemEatPie2.png

In Pyre Need - very simple, and I'm sure I'll be back to battle the phoenix and extend its life:

[spoiler=Phoenix Is Awfully Hot This Time of Year]InPyreNeed.png

Monk's Friend - seemed pointless, helping a monastery get ready for a little kid's party:

[spoiler=Since When Do Monks Have Children, Anyway?]MonksFriend.png

Pirate's Treasure - although this was a short one, I enjoyed it. I liked the idea of smuggling the rum from Karamja. Poor gardener, though:

[spoiler=Every Pirate Joke Has To Contain 'Booty' ]PiratesTreasure.png

Song From the Depths - this was definitely well done. The voice acting and accompanying music added to the ambience, and I really did find the singing a bit haunting. A very frustrating thing happened, however - when it was time for me to jump into a chasm, my game crashed. I don't recall that ever happening to me before. Thankfully, I was able to talk to Lucille and pick up the quest right where I was before the crash, rather than have to start all over. I didn't confirm because I was in a hurry to complete a couple more quests, but I assume the cave guarded by the White Knights is where the grotworms are (on the path to the Queen Black Dragon). I've heard that they're a good thing to fight, when the area's not over-run by bots:

[spoiler=Lucille, Dump the Drunk]SongFromTheDepths1.png

SongFromTheDepths2.png

Myths of the White Lands - this quest was simple to figure out, but I wasn't a fan. It got to be annoying, particularly leaving the caves:

[spoiler=I Thought 'Dung' Was Just An Abbreviation for 'Dungeoneering]MythsoftheWhiteLands.png

Hazeel Cult - I liked the ability to actually have a choice in the direction of this quest. I'm not so sure I chose correctly, but Hazeel's been let loose on the world, guys, just so you know:

[spoiler=It May Be A Cult, But the Robes Are Nice]HazeelCult1.png

HazeelCult2.png

I enjoyed doing all of those quests, and it may just have motivated me to complete more. Maybe.

Total levels = 1,751

I maxed in the citadel, spending my time between summoning, crafting and smithing. For the first time since joining the clan, I had to figure out which plot to visit to charge my clan ring (no more woodcutting bonus). I decided on cooking, and was very surprised to see that it gave 86K bonus experience at level 82 cooking.

I set off for the Grand Exchange to find a bonfire, and spent some time cooking about 1,300 lobsters, resulting in 278K cooking experience (for me, the 4th-highest daily total in a single skill) and level 83. I chatted with a fellow Tip.It blogger, 69 nine. For the day, I earned 440K experience.

Before calling it quits for the evening, I spun the SoF four times, and received four small lamps. Genie party!

Total levels = 1,752

My very short-term goal is to reach level 60 in each skill - I need two levels in slayer and three in dungeoneering. I decided to get level 60 slayer first, so I spent yesterday on three tasks.

First, I had 96 turoths to defeat. I purchased a leaf-blade sword and took my Pendant of Slayer to the Rellekka dungeons. For the first time, I said 'screw all this walking' and used the fairy ring transportation system to get to the cave entrance. Jeez, why haven't I done that before? The task took a little while, but it was a good one overall. One inventory of sharks, super strength and prayer potions was sufficient, and I received 107K worth of loot (50K from death runes I won from the maze random) and 34 charms (20 green). Bots galore, though. I looked at each one and tried to imagine them standing in Botany Bay, and then *blink* gone. The pendant helped me gain sufficient experience to level slayer (59).

My second task was 101 werewolves. On the advice of a clan mate I purchased bronze knives (4,000) and put my crossbows into cold storage. Wow! They're a lot quicker than using a bow. Even so, I'm utterly bored when training ranged. Find a safespot, draw a monster nearby, kill it slowly, go pick up the knives (arrows/bolts). Rinse and repeat. This task took about two hours, but I did level ranged (62) and pick up 65 charms (56 of them gold).

The final task assigned to me was as easy as a divorcee drinking by herself at a wine bar - 99 hill giants. I wore my Pendant of Attack for this task, which required zero food or potions. The slayer experience for each giant is lousy because of their low level, so I completed the task needing just a few hundred more experience for level 60. I received 15 charms (all gold) and something very interesting:

[spoiler=Champion, Eh?]ChampionsScroll.png

I have never received a scroll like this, and have no idea where the Champions' Guild is...but that's what guides friends are for, right? Sounds like it will be a fun diversion before leveling up slayer and taking up residence in Daemonheim's dungeons for a few levels.

Applying the experience from the small lamps I received during my previous session, along with one more from my current session, to summoning netted me a level in that skill (61). I also played Head-To-Head, leveling agility (76), and Resource Race, getting about 7,500 farming experience. I will miss you, free and quick agility experience.

Total levels = 1,756

Low_Levelled, I'm looking forward to seeing that plan as well. I'm trying to not jump the gun, but to be patient and wait to update any plans until I reach 1,800 levels.

The highlight of my last couple of sessions was reaching level 60 in slayer:

[spoiler=Some Mobs Just Bug Ya]slayerlvl60.png

I had a task of 101 harpie bug swarms, so I took my lit bug lantern and blazed my way through this task, my 33rd consecutive completed task. Drops were nothing to speak of.

Some other things I did since my last post:

- Visited the Champions' Guild to take on the giant champion, thanks to the scroll I received. Wow! A whopping 280 slayer exp and 280 constitution exp.

- I fletched a fair amount of strung yew longbows, and then alched 675 of them to reach level 73 in magic. I also passed the one million exp mark in that skill. I sold the remaining 900 I had in my inventory, and purchased enough yew logs (8,800) and bowstrings (7,500) to reach level 96 fletching. It cost a total of 5,344,100 coins.

- I put in an order for 7,000 red chinchompas, hoping to make a profit over the next couple of months, and I was able to purchase them at a price of 861 each (a total of 6,027,000 coins). I'm interested in seeing what happens with my first real attempt at merchanting. I'm thinking that they'll certainly rise after even a semi-successful bot nuke.

- With just one skill under level 60 (dungeoneering), I teleported to Daemonheim and completed two floors. Floor 14 contained a hobgoblin geomancer, which was very tough, although I managed to best it without dying. Floor 15's boss was probably the easiest one, the unholy cursebearer, so that took very little effort to defeat. Between the two floors I picked up a total of 5,900 experience, about 10% of the experience I still need to reach level 60 in dungeoneering.

- I got a bunch of miscellaneous junk from the Squeal of Fortune. One evening, with my four spins I received three double spins, but the only thing of note in total that I won was a pendant of herblore.

Total levels = 1,758

Skills trained, in alphabetical order:

Agility - Head-to-Head is gone for good tomorrow! I will definitely miss this event of the Games, as it's been responsible for 15 levels of agility. Over the past two sessions I gained another 54K experience. I'm not even sure where to train at my current level (76), but I think my days in the Wilderness course are long-gone.

Dungeoneering - continuing towards my level 60 goal, I completed six small c6 floors (16-21) over two different sessions and leveled once (58). I died twice - once to Har'lakk the Riftsplitter and once when accidently stumbling into Lexicus Runewright's library with less than a couple hundred lifepoints. I averaged about 17 minutes per floor, which is slow but I was taking my time and chatting with a few friends.

Firemaking - I stood by a bonfire in the Grand Exchange, collecting charms and burning maples. I got a total of 56 charms from various fire spirits (I'm assuming it's not just the same one that keeps getting trapped), and leveled (85):

[spoiler=Lots of People, Not Much Talking]firemakinglvl85.png

Fletching - I fletched a couple thousand yew longbows, and strung about half of them. I then sold 1,000 to get some coins back in my pouch. I have less than 200K to level 95.

Total levels = 1,760

I began my last session by getting the Jack of Trades bonus tome, which I used to level herblore (61). I followed that up with games of Head-to-Head and Resource Race for the last time. :cry: After that, it was off to the citadel for my weekly maxing.

I used the cape fealty award to level farming (61). I then spent most of my time at the mining plot, where a clan admin had an avatar, and I reached level 70:

[spoiler=You Will Be Mine, Ore Else]mininglvl70_zps6969e99c.png

After leveling mining, I hopped over to the smithing plot (for a change there was more than enough charcoal available) and leveled that skill (66). I finished my time in the citadel at the loom, training crafting. Before departing, I obtained a clan ring and charged it at the cooking plot. How can I resist an 87K bonus?

I spent the next couple of hours cooking lobsters at a G.E. bonfire, earning 282K experience (4th highest single day total in a skill for me) and reaching level 84. To finish my session, I fletched and strung yew longbows.

In all, I earned 521K experience for the day, which I've exceeded on just two occasions.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the new Daily Challenges system works, and what I will be assigned.

Total levels = 1,765

Not much to report on from last session, so I'll keep this short. I checked out my Daily Challenges on the Noticeboard and will definitely be taking part in some of them. I wish I had been given a dungeoneering challenge, though. That would certainly help me to reach level 60.

I spun the SoF and received a Pendant of Ranging and two medium lamps. I used the lamps on agility and leveled (77).

I spent the rest of the session fletching, and got level 95:

[spoiler=More Picturesque Than the Bank]fletchinglvl95_zpsf0579480.png

Total levels = 1,767

A very busy weekend left me time to play almost no Runescape. All that I really had time for was to log in and see my new Daily Challenges. I was given the Delve into Daemonheim challenge - exactly the one I was hoping to receive. I wasn't sure what to expect, but after completing floor 22 on complexity level 6, I received a shade under 3,600 experience for the floor, and then I traveled to Burthorpe to find out my bonus.

[spoiler=Ridiculously High Bonus XP, But I'll Take It]dungeoneeringlvl60_zps0d94d010.png

69K? That's just crazy. I leveled dungeoneering three times with that bonus (59-61), and now each of my skills is at least level 60.

Total levels = 1,770

I had so much fun with the dungeoneering challenge that I decided to do a couple more Daily Challenges. One of my five was to slay 45 monsters, so I picked up my next task which was 83 basilisks. Basilisks are an excellent slayer mob - easy to defeat without taking much damage at all, and good loot. I received about 100K worth of drops along with 20 charms, and after my trip to Burthorpe I received 5,172 slayer experience for completing the challenge.

For the second challenge, I strung 336 magic longbows. I already had plenty of bowstrings, so after purchasing the logs for about 435K I went to work. This was a very simple challenge, and I received a 60,250 experience bonus upon completion, along with 46 runite ore which sold for 474K, so counting for the cost of the bowstrings I about broke even. I suppose that's the point of these challenges, although I've heard that some are money-losers.

The first level of my session was in summoning (62), thanks to a medium lamp from SoF.

I spent time in the clan citadel yesterday, maxing almost entirely on crafting, which got me a level in that skill (84). For variety, I did a bit of mining as well. I charged my clan ring at the cooking plot (89K bonus experience is nothing to be upset about) and took off for the Grand Exchange. I cooked lobsters on a bonfire until I reached level 85:

[spoiler=What's Cookin', Good Lookin'?]cookinglvl85.png

It's evident that I'll be reaching 1,800 total levels well in advance of my December 31 goal. I plan to get a number of levels with the 700K member bonus experience we'll be receiving after month's end. Ideally, this extra time would result in me spending many of those found hours knocking off quests that I prioritized months ago. I may also take a little break. I'll be spending some more time thinking about my plans. In 27 levels, that is.

Total levels = 1,773

I've been playing some over the past few days, and I have a few things to report. Here's a summary:

Fletching - For the second time, I received a Daily Challenge to fletch 336 magic longbows. I purchased them at the Grand Exchange for 430K (having plenty of bowstrings already), and received 60K bonus experience plus 228 raw rocktails, which sold for 479K. I spent a couple of additional hours fletching, and need around 500K to reach level 96.

Combat - I traveled via the fairy rings to Canifis and spent awhile attacking ghouls with a whip and dragon defender. I leveled attack (72), strength (71), defense (69) and constitution (72), which increased my total combat level to 96.

Ranged - I decided to extend my visit to the lovely town of Canifis and kill the citizenry. Hey, they're werewolves. I trained using knives and a Pendant of Ranging that I won off the SoF, and leveled the skill (63).

Daily Challenge - I had a challenge to bury five dagannoth bones. What a ridiculous waste of gold. I guess I should have thought about this a bit more before buying the bones for 37K, in which case I would have concluded (correctly) that I would not receive a goody bag in return. So, I paid that much money for a whopping 1,188 bonus prayer experience. Lesson learned.

I'm looking forward to receiving the 700K bonus experience for members, and have a plan laid out for how to use all that experience.

Total levels = 1,778

Turnpike, 'soon' is defined as 'by the end of the year, hopefully'.

I spent an hour in the Thieves' Guild using the Five-Fingered Discount aura and earned about 45K experience, which brought me to level 66 in thieving.

On my next log-in, I received a shiny note and some cards in my inventory.

Gotta love that Promissory Note. I planned things out to gain the maximum number of levels possible for me. Here's how I spent it:

Prayer - 138K experience, levels 62-65

Farming - 135K, levels 62-65

Herblore - 121K, levels 62-65

Summoning - 115K, levels 63-65

Construction - 100K, levels 61-63

Hunter - 75K, levels 61, 62

Slayer - 16K, level 61

Pics of the level 65s (not sure why the farming pic is so much smaller than the others):

prayerlvl65.png

farminglvl65.png

herblorelvl65.png

summoninglvl65.png

All that planning resulted in one desired outcome:

1800milestone.png

So, I'm now 200 levels away from completing The Second Thousand. I've spent a little bit of time plotting out how I'm going to reach that total, and in a future post I'll describe things in more detail. Now, though, it's off to the citadel for some skilling.

Total levels = 1,800

My last session was a huge one, followed by three days of inactivity and lack of time to play or post.

So I'm minding my own business, fletching some yew longbows at the Varrock Bank, when Turnpikes asks me to calculate how much coin I would lose if I switched to fletching/stringing magic logs instead. Here's a guy who is more anxious than I am to see my woodcutting cape get trimmed. He very generously staked my calculated loss with two million coins. In return, I have to focus on getting to level 99. That's become a short-term goal that I estimate will take just a bit over 30 hours to achieve. I had enough in the bank to buy an initial batch of 5,000 magic logs (6,829,000 total/1,366 each) and 10,000 bow strings (1,480,000). I fletched for a while, earning 172K experience.

I also spent time maxing in the citadel, obviously, focusing on crafting and smithing. For I think just the second time ever, I did not level in the citadel during a week.

I charged my clan ring at the cooking plot and put on the cooking garb I won on the SoF (hat, jacket and shoes). With that bonus and 3% extra from the clan avatar, I earned 200 exp per lobster on a bonfire at the Grand Exchange. In total I managed more than 250K cooking experience and leveled to 86.

I set a one-day personal best for experience with 620K. I'm not counting the 700K I received in 10 minutes the day before with the Promissory Note).

As I mentioned last post, I spent time figuring out how I'd get these last 200 levels to reach the end of The Second Thousand. My overall goal is to have at least level 70 in each skill. Here is my tentative plan:

Combat - 52 of the levels will be through fighting mobs. That will take me to level 80 in attack, strength, defense, and constitution, as well as 70 in ranged and 70 in slayer. This part of the goal is really up in the air, as a lot depends on when EoC is released, and whether I like it. Most of this training will be through slayer tasks, although I might pick a certain mob (e.g., fire giants or ogres for ranged) and stay there for awhile. This should take about 20% of the total hours I am projecting to need.

Prayer - 10 levels (would get me to level 75). Burying bones at a gilded altar, as I can afford to do so. I'll also be putting JoT and some lamp experience to this skill.

Magic - 7 (80). High alching, probably. Some on slayer tasks if required.

Dungeoneering - 9 (70). I like soloing, but it's slow going. I'm going to have to look into grouping up. If dunging in a group turns out to be to my liking, I might fly past this level goal. If not, it will be a real struggle.

Fletching - 4 (99). See above.

Cooking and Firemaking - 10 each (95). It would be nice to get one or both of these to 99 as well by the time I have 2K total, but I don't think I will have the patience, and I need to spend those hours in other skills. I'll be spending a lot of time around bonfires, regardless, just to get these both to 95.

Crafting - 8 (92). Citadel skilling will focus on this each week.

Mining and Smithing - 10 (80), and 9 (75). Will train these in the citadel when I can (i.e., when I get sick of the loom). I'll probably spend time mining coal at the Mining Guild or the coal trucks near Seers' Village, and for smthing I'll look into smelting steel bars at Port Phasmatys.

Fishing - 7 (75). Boring. Fly-fishing at Shilo Village (gotta get that quest done!) or monkfish at Piscatoris (gotta get Swan Song done!).

Agility - 6 (83). Nothing magical about that level, other than it helps me get to exactly 2K total. I will probably be training at Ape Atoll, but I have a few quests to complete first. Hmmm...looks like questing will need to be a significant part of my training. I've only been saying that for a year.

Thieving - 14 (80). I plan to do Pyramid Plunder, and (after The Feud) hit up the menaphite thugs in Pollnivneach. I also need to get the Ardougne cloak from the task (achievement) system.

Runecrafting - 7 (85). Runespan. This, by the way, is probably a conservative number. I could easily get 90 or higher if I don't want to gouge out my eyes after siphoning from a node for 30+ hours.

Construction - 12 (75). Oak larders, I guess. This will be based on cashflow. I would like to make my house look nicer, though, so I'll probably spend some time/resources on that.

Hunter - 10 (72). Staring with level 63, I'm planning to go after carnivorous chinchompas in Feldip Hills. That phrase sounds ridiculous, frankly. 'Chin Chompers', indeed. I might switch a few of these levels with agility levels, or vice versa, depending on which I like more.

Summoning, Herblore, Farming - 5 each (70). These are wildcards. JoT and other bonus experience will be going to these skills, along with prayer. Maybe, just maybe, I'll take a liking to farming and I'll start planting watermelons, papaya trees and snapdragons like a man possessed. Perhaps I'll use those snapdragons to make super restore potions to blast through herblore levels. Probably not.

Woodcutting - haha.

Back-of-envelope (in actuality, Excel spreadsheet) estimate for all of this is approximately 700 hours of game play and about 34.5 million experience. To reach my goal by the second anniversary of my blog (August 31, 2013), that would require an average of about two hours per day. Whether I'll have the free time or the inclination to do so is up in the air. As of today, it certainly seems reasonable.

By the way, all of this is out the window if Jagex introduces a new skill within the next nine months. That will make my trek to The Second Thousand a lot more simple.

Onward we go!

Total levels = 1,801

Thanks for the mention, and yes I always have been eager for you to trim your cape! :) I managed to get a Claw split and then a BCP split afterwards..so money well given to you! Get your butt moving! (;

Turnpikes.png

I'm moving, I'm moving! Not very quickly, but I'm moving.

[spoiler=Level 96 Fletching]fletchinglvl96.png

295K experience today is my highest one-day total in fletching, and fourth-highest in any skill (three better totals in woodcutting). I sold a couple thousand strung magic longbows and purchased a few thousand more logs.

The only other thing of note was my SoF spins yesterday - I received a Prized Pendant of Prayer (the tremendous Triple P!) and a Botanist's Mask. Because I have no plans to train herblore over the next 30 days other than through the Jack of Trades bonus tome, I converted it to 100K coins.

Total levels = 1,802

So much fletching. Oh, the humanity! In the past three sessions I've totaled a shade over a million experience fletching magic logs and stringing the longbows. In the past two sessions, it's been 739K experience, and yesterday alone I booked a single-day personal record of 455K fletching experience. That all has left me about an hour's worth away from level 97. My total experience of 527K for the day is my fifth-highest total.

I had to mix in some other training, so I spent a little time high alching unfinished maple longbows that I purchased from a clan mate at a discount. I also had a Runespan Daily Challenge (siphon 190 death, law or nature nodes), which I completed, receiving 25,237 of bonus experience.

The highlight of my day was receiving a completely unexpected gift of 500 frost dragon bones from my friend Sydan. That was extremely generous and I'm very appreciative. To add to the moment, he joined my clan.

My next post will contain news of at least one level.

Total levels = 1,802

[spoiler=Two More To Go]fletchinglvl97.png

Level 97 fletching is now in the books. It felt like I was taking a break from the skill, training it for only a bit over an hour yesterday. I don't think I have the drive to stay focused on training fletching only for the last 2+ million experience, so it may be a month or more before I can trim my woodcutting cape.

Before moving to the citadel for my weekly training, I used up the remaining bonus (13K) on last week's clan ring, which I had charged at the cooking plot. Between the ring, a 3% equipment bonus from SoF wins, and a 6% avatar bonus I received 204 experience per lobster.

Once the ring crumbled into dust I spent two hours capping in the citadel. I focused on crafting and leveled (85):

[spoiler=Weaving Is My Craft]craftinglvl85.png

I'd have to go back through my blog to confirm this, but I think that my last 42 or 43 crafting levels have been earned at the loom in the citadel. It's nice to get the skill to level 85 without spending a gold coin on it. I made a note to research whether there is some slower method of earning crafting experience that's actually profitable at this level.

I spent some time at the mining plot, and then charged my ring at the firemaking plot, which will give me a 55K bonus. Because I need more than five million experience in both cooking and firemaking to reach my goal of level 95 in each before completing The Second Thousand, I figured I would switch off clan ring charges between the two skills for the foreseeable future.

Total levels = 1,804

Another day, another blog post. Today's Runescape drama is brought to you by Double Experience Weekend.

Wait...didn't they say 'no more bonus exp weekends'? No, they said they were rethinking the concept and as a result, players should not have expectations of one occurring any time soon. Big difference.

I will take full advantage of the bonus, if that weekend is not packed with 'real-life' activities. What that probably means is: I'll get about three hours of playing squeezed into Saturday or Sunday evening. I'm not going to adjust my schedule just to fit in some more bonus time. I might, however, sell the frost dragon bones I received, if they go up significantly in price. And maybe those red chinchompas I overpaid for a little while back will increase as well.

Here's a summary of what I accomplished since my last post:

- Using the clan ring that I charged at the firemaking plot, I burned maples at a G.E. bonfire. I rescued just a few fire spirits, so my charms haul was only 16.

- I high-alched some maple longbows, as a respite from fletching.

- "And I fletch. Oh my God, do I fletch. I fletch all the ti...ime, for revolution."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itvJybdcYbI

And I say "hey ey ey ey", I got a new daily high in fletching experience, with 468K.

- I even performed a fletch assist for the first time:

[spoiler=May I Assist You?]fletchingassist.png

- Hearing about good prayer bonus experience offered by the Festival of the Dead holiday celebration, I traveled south of the Lumbridge cemetary and spoke with a weird masked dude. Because I'm such a quest slacker, I was able to select from only the cultist or Void Knight options. I went with the Void Knights, and visited the Outpost for the first time. I found a Void Knight seal on the ground and brought it back. After decorating the coffin and taking part in a short dance-off, I got the 5K bonus exp.

- Two levels were earned among all of this activity. I leveled hunter to 63 with the Jack of Trades bonus tome, and now I can join the bots in the Hunt For Red Oct..er, Chinchompas. I also took a trip down memory lane and fished north of Seers' Village, leveling to 69. Hello, Mr. Highwayman, I've missed you.

Total levels = 1,806