The Second Thousand - A Noob's Journey (Less Than 80 Levels Left)

I've been typing a lot lately. Not in this update. Two levels over the weekend.

[spoiler=Fletching Level 98]fletchinglvl98.png

I pulled in 445K fletching experience today, which is my third-highest single day total in a skill. Down to the final 1.227 million experience. I have no doubt that I'll knock that out before month-end.

[spoiler=Firemaking Level 86]firemakinglvl86.png

During the bonfire-sitting at the Grand Exchange, I got to hear extremely juvenile conversation (what else is new?), but I did receive 79 charms, which was nice.

That's it for now.

Total levels = 1,808

I've had a couple of slow days. I spent a short session Monday fletching, and am less than a million experience away from 99.

For the first time, I went to the site of a shooting star that fell to the ground. It was brought to my attention in clan chat, and I picked away at it alongside a handful of clan mates and some other folks who apparently chase the stars that drop in world 99. I received around 50 pieces of star dust, resulting in about 8K worth of rewards. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my rune pickaxe so my dust collection rate was significantly slower than it should have been. I'm not going to be all that eager to try this activity again.

Tuesday found me where it always finds me, training in the clan citadel. I mined until reaching level 71 and then switched to the kiln and furnace area. I produced charcoal sufficient to smith enough bars to level (67), and then spent the rest of my time making more charcoal so that other clan members could smith. So considerate, I am. After I maxed for the week, I charged my clan ring at the cooking plot, but I had no more time to play for the day.

Total levels = 1,810

Phew! With 584K experience today and 1.67 million for the week, I hit the magical level number 99 in fletching (if you look closely at the picture, you can see that I caught one of the fireworks just as it was launching from the ground - cool!):

[spoiler=Makes Me Want To Dance!]fletchinglvl99.png

fletchingcape.png

I don't like the way the cape looks as much as I like the woodcutting one, especially now that it's been trimmed:

[spoiler=Trim-ber!]woodcuttingtrimmedcape.png

Looks like the additional 99 increased the defensive bonus of the skill capes by one, to +9. That makes me wonder if it increases by one with each additional 99 earned.

During the run to 99 fletching I hit the 50 million total experience milestone:

[spoiler=Fiddy Mill]50Mtotalexperience.png

Since my last post I also earned two more levels. Using the clan ring I charged at the cooking plot, I threw some lobsters on the barbie bonfire and reached level 87:

[spoiler=Now We're Cookin']cookinglvl87.png

Taking a break from all of the skilling, I took advantage of a clanmate's request to join him and two others in Daemonheim for some group dungeoneering. This was my first-ever foray into the dungeons with companionship. I felt pretty much like a leech, although I did help out with some boss battles and finding a couple of keys. For the most part, I took advantage of their skills to earn some very significant experience, and leveled to 62. In all, we cleared four medium floors (28-31) and then, since I couldn't go any deeper than 31, we went back and cleared two small floors (20 and 21). I died six times in all and earned 50,500 experience in about 90 minutes. That would have taken me five hours on my own. The biggest badass boss was the level 300 Shadow-Forger Ihlakhizan at the end of Floor 31. Basically, I stood whimpering in the corner while the rest of the team took care of business. I'm not too proud to let others have all the glory.

Total levels = 1,813

Congrats for 99 fletching, and trimming your woodcutting cape! Now go around and walk like a boss with that trimmed cape, won't be so nooby anymore, right? Now you already have two 99's that I lack! At this rate you'll go past me in a year or two. ;)

So what are your next goals apart gaining higher levels? Any new 99's in sight? Cooking and firemaking would seem like decent options for AFK activities, now that fletch and woodcutting are done. :D

u5zhkTY.gif

Thanks for the grats, Sydan! I don't think there's any risk of me catching up to you any time soon.

There are no new 99s in sight for me. In fact, I doubt that I will achieve another 99 before hitting 2K total levels. Cooking and firemaking will likely be the next two, but I need more than nine million experience in each, and the thought of sitting around grinding nine million experience in either skill is terrifying.

I have hit all of my year-end goals already (1,800 total levels, 99 in fletching, 50 million total experience, 60 in each skill), aside from getting 125 quest points. I am thinking about focusing on quests during the month of November and completing that goal.

I'm still not sure what I will focus on during bonus experience weekend, or even how much time I will have to play. Right now I am leaning towards combat skills, because that is what I do the least, although I am also considering thieving, fishing, mining, summoning and construction. I will delay capping in the clan citadel until the weekend, to get double crafting experience.

Aside from the 584K fletching experience the other day, I also high-alched 900 unfinished maple longbows, reaching level 74. I ended the day with my best one-day experience total - 756K. My top 25 scores are all more than 350K, which was unthinkable a year ago.

Total levels = 1,814

I gained three levels yesterday:

1. I used Chaeldar for my slayer task. I have graduated from the Edgeville dungeon slayer master - it is time for more points per task, and some more difficult monsters. She assigned 143 bloodveld. I used my Master Reverence Aura for the first time, along with protection prayers against melee, super strength potions, and dragonhide gear, all of which made this a very good task. The bloodveld are not aggressive, giving me time to turn prayer off between battles. They dropped 57 charms (46 green) along with three rune helms and a good portion of big bones. Not the best money-making task, but better than many of the recent ones I've had. I trained defense, and leveled to 70:

[spoiler=A Good Defense Is The Best Offense]defenselvl70.png

I'm happy about reaching level 70 defense, as I can now get barrows armor. I'm leaning towards Guthans, based on clan suggestions.

2. I spent some time at the Grand Exchange, burning maple logs at a bonfire. It was a long enough visit to level firemaking to 87 (I forgot to grab a screenshot of this extremely momentous occasion).

3. My two SoF spins for the evening resulted in two medium lamps. Using both on prayer leveled that skill to 66, and increased my overall combat level to 98. Almost 100 and not really even trying!

Total levels = 1,817

My sessions since last post have revolved around a few more slayer tasks. I'm just over 100 slayer points away from a slayer helmet and I'd like to get that soon.

I did take part in one Daily Challenge - cooking 184 sharks. I burned a fair amount of them, so I ended up losing some money, but the reward of 73K bonus experience was decent.

After zipping back to Chaeldar, she gave me a special challenge, which was to use a spray she wanted to test on ten zygomites. Sometimes the spray killed the zygomite instantly, other times it healed it, and still other times it threw the creature into a rage. This challenge resulted in 10K bonus slayer experience and 25 bonus slayer points.

Chaeldar then assigned my next task: 149 banshees. I fought them in the desert slayer dungeon beneath Pollnivneach, wearing masked earmuffs (of course) and dragonhide pieces. I have to admit that I enjoyed this task very much. I leveled slayer (62) and received about 190K worth of loot, significantly more than the amount I spent on the prayer and super strength potions I used during the task. Most of the loot was in the form of herbs, but I also received 760 pure essence and some mystic gloves, along with 36 (mostly green) charms. I will consider training combat skills on these guys.

Upon completion of the task I purchased the set of Guthan's armor and spear for 1.225 million and 100 prayer potions for 590K. I sold my granite body, dragon helm and dragon platelegs for about 360K (that's substantially less than I remember paying for that gear, but I don't feel like going back to check).

With Guthan's gear draped on my frame, I went after Chaeldar's next slayer task, which was 151 lesser demons. I was all alone in the Karmaja volcano dungeon, and found these creatures to be extremely simple, as I barely was hit. They had terrible drops, however. So bad, I apparently didn't feel the need to write down anything on my notepad regarding loot.

For my next slayer task, I was assigned 155 trolls...and it was time to slam on the brakes. To get to the best place to kill trolls, I would need to complete (or at least start) the Troll Stronghold quest. To do that, I needed to complete (finally!) Death Plateau. And so I did:

[spoiler=Three 100-xp Reward Lamps! OMG!]deathplateau.png

Alas, it was time to depart. Until next time, fair readers, when our hero will (probably) attempt to assail the mighty Troll Stronghold.

Total levels = 1,818

• Like 1

Bonus weekend was nowhere close to what I had planned. Real-life obligations kept me to just a handful of hours on Saturday, and without any playing time the following day or evening. I was able to accomplish a few things, though:

- I completed the Troll Stronghold quest, which was enjoyable and simple:

[spoiler=Trolling For Exp Lamps]trollstronghold.png

I applied both 10K experience lamps to summoning. I got a kick out of the two guards' names - Twig and Berry.

- The 155 troll slayer task was extremely easy, using the Guthan's set. The spear regenerated life points so I didn't need prayer protection or food. Drops for trolls are lousy, although I did get 30 exp burying each set of big bones given the bonus for the weekend. Thanks to double experience, I also was able to level slayer (63) and constitution (73).

- I earned a total of 313K crafting experience while capping in the citadel, leveling to 86:

[spoiler=No Gloom at the Loom]craftinglvl86.png

- I decided to continue training combat skills to take advantage of double experience, so I visited Chaeldar who assigned 167 aberrant spectres for my next slayer task. With nose peg firmly attached, I traveled to the slayer tower and trained attack, leveling that skill (73). I quit after 55 of them, receiving 93K in drops (mostly herbs) and 16 charms. I'll finish this task up another time.

- I finished late Saturday evening in the thieving guild, where I gained a quick level (67), and then spent a little time throwing maple logs into a bonfire at the Grand Exchange.

In total, I earned 778K experience on Saturday (a new single-day high) and five levels.

Total levels = 1,823

October was a very productive month, starting with the Promissory Note bonus leveling and throwing double experience at us near the end of the month. To wrap things up, I leveled three times in my last session. First, I spent some time in the thieving guild and reached level 68. Next, I spent a couple hours in the clan citadel, focusing on smithing because there was a ton of charcoal available. I leveled that skill to 68, and then capped at the loom.

I charged the clan ring at the BBQ plot, which gave me 93K bonus cooking experience to use. I cooked lobsters at a bonfire in the Grand Exchange, using up the ring's charges and leveling cooking to 88:

[spoiler=Lobster for All!]cookinglvl88.png

I earned more than 300K experience in cooking, and about 475K overall for the session. My top 25 daily high scores includes just five totals under 400K, which is certainly a far cry from six months ago.

On the SoF I received a pendant of attack, which I'll remember (hopefully) to use on my next trip to the Slayer Tower to finish off the aberrant spectre task.

Total levels = 1,826

I spent yesterday's session training firemaking. First, I leveled to 88 burning maples at a bonfire:

[spoiler=Getting Fired Up]firemakinglvl88.png

Next, I took the advice of a friend and went exploring. Teleporting to Herblore Habitat, I skipped over a few rocks to the north and talked to a couple crazy-looking guys near a large hole. They spoke of Jadinkos and roots and seeds, and I must say, it intrigued me. Down the hole I went. I spent the better part of two hours cutting curly roots, collecting them, and burning them in a fire pit. I stayed in the lair long enough to earn 1,450 favour points, which I'm told can be turned in for seeds. I will definitely be returning, as it makes for a more interesting experience than simply tossing logs into a bonfire amidst usually very inane commentary. The one thing I need some practice with is avoiding clicking on the jadinkos themselves accidentally. Three times I inadvertently attacked one, and had to switch worlds to avoid being killed.

In total I earned 416K firemaking experience on the day, which is my highest daily total in any skill other than fletching.

Three other quick comments:

1. Before logging off I used the Jack of Trades bonus tome on herblore, resulting in level 66.

2. I am very excited about the upcoming boost to solo dungeoneering experience.

3. Forgot to mention in my prior post that I earned more than 8 1/2 million experience in October, by far my highest single-month total.

Total levels = 1,828

Finally, i finished the adventure! (for now). You must be wondering why i post this on your blog...

After 4 years of inactivity i took a look on the good old tip.it forums and stumpled upon "The second thousand a noobs journey" .

I decided to take a peek, and from the first post i was addicted to the adventures of GregorDGrim!

I really like the way you write "the daily training" on runescape like it's a adventure, and then i realised: It is an (virtual) adventure!

So after two weeks i arrived at the last post, i'm up-to-date and looking forward to your next post.

I actually looked forward to the moment i was up-to-date and could write a comment to say you are making amazing progress!

Greetz from the Netherlands - Icedre

ps. You actually got me playing runescape again!

pss. Don't look up my blog, it's terrible written + 4 years old haha!

• Like 2

icedresiggygm7nu8.jpg

grtzz ICY

Icedre - thank you so much for your post. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed reading my blog, and you're right, this has been a fun virtual adventure for me. It's awesome that my blog provided you with the motivation to play Runescape again after a long hiatus. You've helped validate my reasons for keeping this blog updated, and I sincerely appreciate your comments.

As for looking forward to my next post, well this is it, and it is nothing too exciting. I traveled to Canifis to work some more on my aberrant spectre slayer task, using up an attack pendant on which I still had 11K of bonus experience to earn. Shortly after that was depleted, I decided to leave the Slayer Tower and work on my ranged skill. I just cannot seem to stick around the spectres for very long; it's probably their stench, even with the nosepeg. It's not like the ghouls and the citizenry (werewolves) of Canifis smell much better, but they certainly are easier to defeat. I spent long enough on the ghouls to reach level 64 ranged.

Bored with combat, I teleported back to Herblore Habitat and walked over to the Jadinko Lair for some firemaking training. I earned enough favour to give me 2,000 points, which I turned in for seeds and bags. What a lousy reward! The loot is worth about 7K. I wonder if that's the average for turning in 2K favour points, or whether I was simply unlucky. Chopping the roots and then burning them in the firepit resulted in level 89 firemaking:

[spoiler=Burning the Root of the Problem]firemakinglvl89.png

Total levels = 1,830

I had a very busy last couple of days. Here's what's up:

- I slashed curly roots and burned them in the Jadinko lair, to the tune of 220K firemaking experience.

- I finished off my aberrant spectre slayer task. For the final 95, I received 198K worth of loot and 29 charms. This was my 40th consecutive task, earning me a nice 50 point bonus and putting me just five Chaeldar tasks away from 400 slayer points, a most magical number. In a nice coincidence, I had a daily challenge to kill 39 high level mobs at the same time as this task, so I earned an additional 12,318 experience points from Rampage Mk X (huh?) which I applied to defense. That increased my defense level (71), and my overall combat level (99).

- My next task found me in the slayer dungeon, where my magic mirror and I vanquished 169 basilisks. Along with leveling strength (72) and slayer (64), I collected 85K worth of loot, 58 charms and a basilisk head. Yeah, so apparently I can put that in my player-owned home at some point. For now, it will rot in my bank.

- I had another daily challenge to complete, this time cooking 184 shark. Because this week is a cooking competition in my clan, I decided to tackle this challenge, which netted me 74,533 bonus experience in addition to that gained by actually cooking the sharks. I cooked a bunch of swordfish (moved up from lobsters) after that.

- For the day I earned 623K total experience, my fourth-highest (at the time - ooh, foreshadowing) daily total.

- Yesterday found me skilling in the clan citadel. I spent the entire time at the BBQ plot training cooking. I earned 405K experience and leveled to 89:

[spoiler=It's Not 90, But It's Still Good]cookinglvl89.png

- Continuing with the crazy cooking theme, I charged my ring at that plot and grilled up a ton of swordfish at a bonfire, reaching level 90:

[spoiler=It's 90, And It's Good]cookinglvl90.png

- After talking with a clan mate at length about how good gauntlets would be, as they would enable me to step up to shark cooking with minimal burning, I decided to take on the Family Crest quest. I found this to be interesting, and easy, and within an hour I had some new gauntlets. I will use these for cooking for awhile, but plan to switch them to smithing at some point:

[spoiler=I Got 99 Quest Points But The Bit...Uh, Never Mind]familycrest.png

- I tried out the gauntlets on a few hundred shark, and this brought an end to an record-setting day for me: 839K cooking experience, blowing away my previous single-skill daily total of 584K in fletching, and 850K total experience. Had I not been busy last night, I could have easily notched my first million-point day. That will come.

Total levels = 1,835

I hit 1,000 total hours played - that's 41 days and 16 hours spent on Runescape. That's 797 hours since I began this blog last August 31st; just under 60 hours average played per month. 1,838 levels in the first thousand hours, and now I wonder how many more it will take to get the final 162. I'm thinking somewhere around 500. 2,000 levels in 62 1/2 game days (1,500 hours) sounds to me like a decent accomplishment. Depending on the release date of the new skill, and the type of skill it is, I could reach this mark even more quickly.

With 55,788,000 total experience, that means I have averaged ... hang on, carry the one, move the decimal, there we go: 55,788 experience per hour. On one hand, that means I've been fairly good at actually doing things when I'm logged in, and not spending much time standing around chatting. On the other hand, that rate is due in large part to the high experience-rate skills I've spent the most time training - fletching, woodcutting, cooking and firemaking.

Not many of those hours were from the last five days. The only thing I have really done is spend time in Runespan, where I leveled runecrafting twice (79, 80):

[spoiler=I Have Been Feeling Span-ish Lately]runecraftinglvl80.png

I also visited the newly-updated Tears of Guthix, where I earned 6,300 dungeoneering experience (it should have been better but I got distracted while collecting tears), and received a medium dungeoneering lamp on SoF, which got me a level (63).

Total levels = 1,838

Turnpike, there is no way I'm going for 99 runecrafting next. I should have been in there with you, so training the skill would not be so dull. Runespan is desolate these days, and the few other 'spanners that pass by me say nothing.

Here's a summary of what I've done since my last post:

- I spread 123 jellies for my slayer task. Wearing full Guthan's and quaffing super strength potions resulted in my hardly ever having to pray protect vs. melee. I earned 38 charms and a rune helm. The drops on these things are pitiful. I was assigned 130 bloodvelds for my next task, but I didn't start it.

- On my way out of the Slayer Tower I took a diversion to the ghouls in Canifis, and slaughtered enough of them to reach level 74 in attack. That places me at combat level 99.975, so I will be able to reach level 100 before that means absolutely nothing with the implementation of Evolution of Combat.

- On a SoF spin I earned a Tears of Guthix ticket, which I used for 7,300 hunter experience.

- I used the JoT aura bonus tome on summoning, leveling to 66.

- I trained all 2,700 possible resources in the clan citadel on the loom, which garnered me level 87 in crafting:

[spoiler=If You're Crafty and You Know It, Clap Your Hands]craftinglvl87.png

- I charged my clan ring at the furnace, giving me bonus firemaking experience (57K) that I earned chopping and burning curly roots amongst the Jadinkos. This place is growing on me; I'm thinking of setting down roots there. All punning aside, I reached level 90:

[spoiler=In A Smoke-Filled Room]firemakinglvl90.png

I think it's about time to try some solo dungeoneering and give my thoughts on the update.

Total levels = 1,842

Six days since my last post - that's due to a hectic week rather than an avoidance of the game in fear of the Evolution of Combat. Are you ready for it? I know I'm not. I didn't spend a single second in the beta, and I really don't know what to expect. My first foray should probably be in the combat academy (or whatever that's called) to learn the basics.

Leading up to the EoC, I mentioned wanting to reach total combat level 100 before it began, just to say I was a 'level 100' in the old days. Thanks to a bloodveld slayer task, I leveled constitution (74) and reached this otherwise meaningless goal:

[spoiler=A Seasoned Combatant? Not Really]combatlvl100.png

Completing that bloodveld task also led to completion of the Reaper Daily Challenge, netting me 5,261 bonus slayer experience, and also resulted in 58 charms (40 green).

I tried out solo dungeoneering post-update, and I like it. I like it very much. I completed floors 25-27 which were the three I had left before resetting my prestige at 31. After resetting, I took a quick run through floor 1. A quick summary of the floors:

25 - did this one as a c2 small and earned just 1,033 exp, but caught 100 fish. Sagittarius was the boss, and he was pretty easy.

26, 27 - did these as c6 smalls, earning about 15,700 combined dungeoneering experience and leveling to 64. The boss on both floors was a Night-Gazer,

which is pretty simple when keeping a few of the burners lit and using prayer protection against magic.

1 - finished this c6 small in 11 minutes and earned 4,700 exp after beating the gluttonous behemoth.

The new binding concept is interesting, and I was happy to be able to start each floor with bound plate and platelegs, along with a two-handed axe. I will be returning to the dungeons more frequently in the future.

I spent some time cooking at bonfires in the Grand Exchange, first using up the remaining swordfish in my inventory, and then switching to sharks. I reached level 91:

[spoiler=Sharkfin Soup]cookinglvl91.png

I also got to witness Turnpikes get level 99 hunter, although for some reason I'm absent from the picture on his blog. I must have been standing under something.

Finally, I obtained three prismatic pendants over the course of the last week on the SoF. I haven't used any of them yet, so I'm unsure how much bonus experience they provide.

My next post should have initial impressions of the new combat system, although I might just chicken out and do nothing other than train in the citadel.

Total levels = 1,845

Okay, so I just chickened out and did nothing but train in the citadel. Well, that and a bunch of shark cooking after charging my clan ring at the BBQ plot.

I used the clan fealty bonus this week on farming, and reached level 66. I spent all 2,700 resources training crafting, which means I should be able to get level 88 next week.

Cooking sharks at the bonfires resulted in level 92:

[spoiler=That Sharkfin Soup Sure Is Popular]cookinglvl92.png

I reached a milestone yesterday, as I hit 50 million experience earned since joining my clan. That bumps up my rank within the clan to general. I don't think it means anything, except I might be able to kick recruits and guests from the clan chat. Here's to abusing my new powers!

Combat next time, perhaps.

Total levels = 1,847

Nope, still no combat. Between a long Thanksgiving weekend and a short illness, I didn't find much time to play over the past week. The time I did spend was almost all yesterday, and that was training the exact same things I mentioned in my last post (citadel skilling and cooking).

I got a bit of exposure to combat in the dungeons of Daemonheim. Two Daily Challenges in a row involved clearing a floor, which were extremely easy considering I had just reset and was on floor 2. Completing floors 2 and 3 earned me about 6,600 combined dungeoneering experience, but the challenge bonus total for the two was a whopping 87K. I leveled dungeoneering twice (65, 66), but unfortunately did not save the screenshot of level 65. While fighting the boss on each floor, I played around with the abilities, which involved little more than clicking various buttons to see what would happen. I learned a little bit more than nothing about the new combat system doing this.

I definitely need to complete the tutorial soon. Soon, I swear.

As mentioned, I spent yesterday capping in the citadel. I trained smithing for awhile but focused on crafting, and reached level 88:

[spoiler=Wish I Could Craft Macaroni and Cheese]craftinglvl88.png

I charged my clan ring at the BBQ, and used up the nearly 101K of bonus cooking experience on sharks at a Grand Exchange bonfire. I reached seven million cooking experience, and my third-highest one-day total in a single skill, with 484K experience. My total experience for the day of 753K is my fourth-highest single day total.

The five days in a row I went without earning a single experience point is the longest such stretch for me since June. It's primarily due to the holiday, but to a lesser extent boredom. I had a big lull in activity last year around this time, not playing at all for nearly six weeks. While I don't foresee any break of that length in the near future, there may be reduced activity between now and the beginning of the year.

Total levels = 1,850

Thanks for the good wishes, swedishboy! I want to thank you for your guide to bathing in Runescape. It is easily one of the best three guides on the subject that I have ever seen.

Okay, so what can we make of this:

[spoiler=Rankings Change]rankingsNov292012.png

Without gaining a single ranged experience point, I moved up more than 220K places in the rankings. Assuming that there wasn't some huge bot nuke that was announced and isn't being talked about at all, can this mean anything other than paid membership numbers are dropping significantly? I read that this rankings change is due to the purge of FTP accounts from the high scores list, which is done only occasionally. So this means that, since the last purge, hundreds of thousands of players have let their paid membership lapse (220K with ranged level higher than mine, and an unknown number of players with lower ranged level than mine). I wonder if this revenue loss has been more than offset by the SoF spin and cosmetic item purchases. A disturbing trend, to be sure.

I learned how abilities and the adrenaline bar work (to some extent), as I fiddled around on a Daemonheim floor. It looks interesting, and at least I can revert to auto-attack through the momentum ability if the repeated button-clicking and tab-switching gets too confusing for me. I completed just a single floor (#4) so that I could earn the reward from yet another Daily Challenge. I certainly wouldn't complain if I received two or three of these every week - this one gave me another 44K bonus dungeoneering experience on top of the 4,300 earned for the floor itself, and I leveled again (67).

I spent the rest of the session cutting and burning curly roots in the Jadinko lair, getting a bit closer to leveling firemaking. I'm still a couple of hours off from level 91, though.

Total levels = 1,851

That certainly is a big jump up in the rankings...There's plenty of discussion on these boards about what caused this. I myself think it is because of the EoC (people quitting because of it), perhaps combined with Jagex finally doing something about those bots. I hope more on the second one than the first one, to be honest.

And thanks for mentioning my guide :D

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Short session, so short post. I spent a bit of time trying out the coal trucks west of Seers' Village. Mining is so slow compared to other things I've been training, that I found it hard to stay focused for more than 30 minutes. I gave up and moved to the Thieves' Guild, activating the Festive Aura, and leveling thieving (69). That aura is pretty cool, even if it lasts for just half an hour.

Total levels = 1,852

This is what I like to call a summary post. I've played sporadically over the past handful of days, and rather than plaster a wall of text in this thread, I'll use bullet points. And we're off:

- Cooked sharks at a Grand Exchange bonfire until reaching level 93:

[spoiler=Does Anyone Still Eat Shark?]cookinglvl93.png

- Spent a couple hours in the clan citadel, training smithing, crafting and mining. Using the Festive Aura, I hit level 72 in mining.

- Charged the clan ring at the BBQ and went back to cooking sharks. With that bonus, along with a pendant of cooking won awhile back on the SoF, my cooking garb, and the 3% clan avatar bonus, I received 476 experience per shark until the pendant was depleted.

- Traveled to the dungeons of Daemonheim where I cleared two floors and practiced using combat abilities on the monsters. I got through floors five and six fairly quickly, earning about 9,400 dungeoneering experience. No Daily Challenge, though!

- Made good use of the momentum ability (increased auto-attack damage for 20 minutes) by fighting ghouls in the area west of Canifis. I trained defense first and then strength, leveling both skills (72 and 73, respectively). This brought my total combat level to 148. I snagged about 55 charms, nearly all of them gold. Drops are terrible with these things, but they're super easy and I barely had to pay attention.

- Dusted off the rod and feathers, and went fly-fishing at one of my old haunts, the lake north of Seers' Village. I used the Festive Aura along with a couple of fishing pendants (used one until it was depleted, then created a new one out of a prismatic pendant), and was able to earn 48K experience in the first 30 minutes, a much faster rate than I would get normally fly-fishing. The ability bar came in handy, as I used it to quickly drop the fish I caught. In all, I earned 111K experience fishing during the session, by far the most in a single day. I leveled twice (70 and 71):

[spoiler=Been A Long Time Since the Last Fishing Pic]fishinglvl70.png

- Earned a couple hundred thousand firemaking experience, first by cutting curly roots in the Jadinko lair, and then via G.E. bonfire for about 30 minutes.

- Reached 60 million total experience milestone.

- Read clan chat, which was full of drama over new leadership kicking out a long-time member (admin level) of the clan. Perhaps it's time to move on, but I sure do like that Tier 7 citadel.

Total levels = 1,858