The Second Thousand - A Noob's Journey (Less Than 80 Levels Left)

During the past two weeks, 95% of my on-line time has been either training in the clan citadel or cooking at the Grand Exchange, using up the clan rings that I charged at the BBQ. I just haven't had time (interest?) in doing much of anything else. Last year at this time I was in the middle of a Skyrim-induced six week break from Runescape, so at least I'm playing more this December, but I do think the time of year has a lot to do with a reduction in my activity.

Capping in the citadel over the past two weeks resulted in two levels. Last week I reached level 69 smithing, and this week I reached level 89 crafting:

[spoiler=Weave Me Alone]craftinglvl89_zpsc147b29e.png

Thanks to the clan ring bonus, a cooking pendant, some cooking bonus exp gear, the clan avatar bonus and the Festive Aura, I was getting ridiculously high experience cooking sharks on a bonfire at the Grand Exchange. At one point I was getting more than 460 experience per shark. As a result, I reached level 94 and got about halfway to level 95:

[spoiler=What's Cookin, Good Lookin?]cookinglvl94_zps9643e748.png

Three levels closer to completing the Second Thousand.

Total levels = 1,861

So I basically am going to smash all my 2012 year-end goals, except for quest points. I hardly ever quest, and there's not really a good reason why, other than I keep getting drawn to some other activity when I log in. My goal was to reach 125 quest points, and I'm still under 100 (96). That's really slacking considering my total levels.

I've done a handful of different things since my last post, resulting in a few levels. I played around for a couple of hours with the different combat abilities on the ghouls to the west of Canifis, earning 94 charms but no combat levels. I think I like momentum the most, as it allows me to be lazier. I still have a plan to go through the combat academy, because I'm sure I'm missing out on a couple of important things.

Next, I received a Daemonheim Daily Challenge, so I completed the seventh floor on complexity six, earning 4,400 experience for the floor itself and a bonus of 47,700 experience. That got me to level 68 in dungeoneering.

I spent a couple of hours resource capping in the clan citadel, focusing on crafting (where I reached five million total experience) and mining. There may have been another week where I did not gain a single level while capping, but I can't remember it specifically. I charged my clan ring at the BBQ plot, and cooked sharks on a bonfire at the Grand Exchange until reaching level 95:

[spoiler=Still Cooking Sharks]cookinglvl95_zpsd8f29764.png

I'm content with level 95 cooking, having no burning desire to max out that skill. I'd rather spend the time leveling other skills.

Finally, I purchased 4,000 yew shieldbows and alched them. They cost 660 each and I receive 768 coins per alch, so with nature runes at 108 I exactly break-even. Alching 1,250 of them got me to level 75 magic, now my highest combat skill:

[spoiler=A Magic Show For The Statues]magiclvl75_zps78452338.png

Reaching that level also resulted in my total combat level increasing to 149. Huzzah?

Between the citadel skilling, the cooking and some of the alching, yesterday I earned 734K experience, good enough for my fifth-highest single day total. I don't foresee a million-experience day on the near horizon, unless I get the itch to start cooking again.

Total levels = 1,864

Hola Gregor! Haven't posted here in a while, so about time to do it. You're progressing nicely, like always. However, I don't think alching is the way to train magic anymore. In my opinion it never was, to be honest. Combat against magic weak creatures is the way to go nowadays. Especially now that the normal spellbook spells are alot cheaper to cast than before.

I've also been trying to max citadel at loom, but I just find it too tedious task to do. Too many clicks and takes too long. I gotta get back there for 85 - 90 crafting though. :D

Well, good luck and keep going. What kind of goals do you have planned for 2013?

u5zhkTY.gif

• 1 month later...

January Summary

I hardly played at all.

That basically sums up January 2013. I guess I've become burned out on the game. Neither one of my sons play any more, I don't feel connected with my clan, and I have been playing other games when I have free time. I don't know if this feeling will last, or if the urge to keep pushing towards completing the Second Thousand levels will come back.

What I accomplished in my play time over the past month is I kept my fealty cape at three stars, by maxing in the clan citadel each week. I've also taken advantage of the clan ring bonus experience received each week. The levels I've earned as a result:

[spoiler=Crafting - Level 90]craftinglvl90_zpsf02dabad.png

[spoiler='Smithing - Level 70]smithinglvl70_zps4ee21872.png

Mining - levels 73 and 74 (one from mining coal and iron in the Mining Guild, using a charged clan ring)

[spoiler='Firemaking - Level 91]firemakinglvl91_zps30058dce.png

As you can see by the picture, this one was in the Jadinko Lair, using a charged clan ring.

Other levels achieved:

Magic - level 76, from some more high alching of yew shieldbows. That level also took me to a total combat level of 150. Sydan, I know that combat is a better way to train magic, but alching fits the 'lazy man' way of leveling skills perfectly.

Summoning - level 67, thanks to Jack of Trades aura bonus tomes and a medium lamp from the SoF.

Dungeoneering - level 69, from a Daily Challenge where I earned 4,700 experience for completing a floor and 47,700 bonus experience from the Challenge.

For the entire month, I earned less than 1.7 million experience, which is paltry in comparison to my monthly totals during the prior 11 months. I did move up more than 24,000 total places in the high scores, thanks to bots being banned and memberships lapsing. I also crept a bit closer to 1,900 total levels.

See you next month?

Total levels = 1,872

Thanks to a clan bonus ring that I charged at the furnace plot in the citadel:

[spoiler=Firemaking - Level 92]firemakinglvl92_zps143a9b85.png

I also got small amounts of hunter (med lamp from SoF), construction (Tears of Guthix) and farming (Jack of Trades) experience, but no additional levels.

Total levels = 1,873

Thanks for the post, Blake! Glad you're still following.

In a decent amount of activity last week, I gained six levels. I started in the clan citadel, and used the cape fealty bonus to level farming (67). After capping in the citadel at the crafting and mining plots, I charged the clan ring at the kiln. That gave me 59K bonus firemaking experience, which I earned through a combination of maple logs at a bonfire and cutting roots in the Jadinko lair.

On my next log-in, I decided to finally check out Lady Deathknell's Combat Academy. I'm really not sure why I waited so long to do this, but the reward was well worth the effort: 18 tomes of experience. I used 10 to reach an herblore level (67), five to level prayer (67) and then the final three on summoning. In total, those tomes gave me 78K experience in three of my lowest-leveled skills.

I spent a few hours fishing last week, at my old favorite spot north of Seers' Village, where I caught and released enough salmon and trout to level fishing (72). Finally, I spent just about four million coins on 8,000 oak planks, and practiced building larders in my house long enough to level construction twice (64, 65):

[spoiler=Don't Ask Me Why, Butler, Just Get More Planks!]constructionlvl65_zps0617f0aa.png

As I write this post, I notice that SUOMI is just two experience points away from 5,000,000,000 total, and 'beating' Runescape. Congratulations to him on a fine gaming achievement, from someone just 4,935,000,000 experience behind him.

Total levels = 1,879

• 3 weeks later...

Three weeks since my last post, and Suomi earned only one of the two experience points required for five billion total. He sure has slowed down. :wink:

I'm intrigued by the release of 07Scape. Since this was a few years before I started playing, it doesn't hold any sense of nostalgia for me. However, the fact that everyone's starting anew means that anyone willing to put in serious hours can get on various high score lists. In the end, I just don't see myself playing the old version - I don't have the free time to play both versions with any regularity, and I don't like that players are able to trade coins/equipment between versions.

As for playing the EoC version, that's something I really haven't done much of either lately. Over the last 18 days of February, I leveled nine times. Here's how:

- Completed a dungeoneering Daily Challenge, earning 5,949 experience for floor 9 and 50,700 bonus experience, getting me to level 70. While it did not result in a level, I also completed an herblore Daily Challenge (clean 15 cadantine), which resulted in 25,725 bonus experience.

- Spent a few hours in Runespan, leveling runecrafting to 81.

- Capped in the Clan Citadel three times, leveling mining twice (75, 76) and crafting (91). I charged the clan ring each time with bonus firemaking experience, which I used about half of the time on bonfires and the other half in the Jadinko lair, chopping and burning roots. That resulted in a firemaking level (93).

- Played Tears of Guthix a couple times, earning enough hunter experience to reach level 64.

- Dusted off some combat gear and actually completed a slayer task. I was assigned 153 lesser demons, so I strapped on my ranging gear and took a boat to Karamja. I entered the dungeon underneath the volcano and started firing upon the hapless creatures. Using the action bar was easy and I spent about half the task clicking various actions, and the other half using momentum. I leveled slayer and ranged (each to 65). This was my 44th straight task, and I believe it gives me enough slayer points for the helm, but I need to confirm that.

In total, I earned experience on just nine different days in February (for a total of about two million experience). I feel as though I'm drifting through the game, without a specific plan or set of goals, other than the overall end result of 2,000 total levels.

A few stats through February 2013:

Total hours played - 1, 082

Total experience - 66.4 million

Exp earned/hour - 61,331

Skills 90+ - five (woodcutting and fletching - 99, cooking - 95, firemaking - 93, crafting - 91)

Skills 80-90 - one (runecrafting - 81)

Skills 70-79 - 10

Skills 65-69 - eight

Skills 64 - one (hunter)

Estimated additional hours to reach 2,000 total levels - 300

Estimated additional hours to max (excluding future new skills) - 3,400 :eek:

Total levels = 1,888

I had a few very nice sessions so far this week, learning a thing or two in the process.

Session One - I started with a Daily Challenge, which was to bury five dagannoth bones. I spent 47K at the G.E. to purchase these, which was mistake #1 - I should have figured out where these creatures hang out and got the bones myself. Mistake #2 was doing this challenge, because the prayer bonus was just 5,500 experience points. Not worth the expense. After this, I traveled to Chaeldar to receive my next slayer task, which was 72 grotworms. This was my first excursion to the grotworm caves, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Reading that they are weak to ranged, I strapped on my ranging gear once again and took them out quite easily. I filled up two inventories with rune helms and weaponry, royal dragonskin, and charms. These guys are a good moneymaker for someone of my level and light coin purse. I stuck around for a bit after completing the task, and in total received 45K in coins dropped, 513K of loot and seven non-gold charms. When I go back (and I will definitely be returning), I'm considering taking my lava battlestaff and nature runes, so I can alch the rune gear immediately and not have to bank the loot.

Session Two - Clan citadel training, where I spent half of the available 2,700 resources at the loom and the other half mining ore. I charged the bonus ring at the furnace (60K bonus) and burned roots at the Jadinko lair until I had earned more than 300K of firemaking experience. In total for the day, I earned 520K experience, which was the first daily total of 2013 to find a spot in my top 25 experience earned.

Session Three - I completed Tears of Guthix twice, thanks to a ToG renew tablet won on the SoF a while back. That gave me a total of 19K hunter experience (but no level). I also completed two more Daily Challenges. One took me to Daemonheim where I earned 6,300 experience for clearing floor 10 on complexity six, and 50,700 bonus experience (but no level). The other had me run 25 laps on the Wilderness Agility Course, where I didn't get PK'd a single time! I earned 16,500 bonus experience for that challenge (but no level). "Self," I said to myself, "it's time for a level." I purchased 10,000 feathers and spent about 90 minutes fishing for salmon in the Yemen (er, I mean north of Seers' Village), and I leveled (73)! I then wrapped up my session in my house, constructing and tearing down oak larders until my hands blistered (and I reached level 66). One thing I never noticed before is that I could press the '1' key for a couple of the dialogue options (confirming the removal of the larder, sending my butler back for more planks) instead of mousing over the right selection - that saves a few seconds here and there. Things like that remind me that I'm still a noob when it comes to Runescape.

Total levels = 1,890

Hey there, Sydan and Turnpike! Thanks for stopping by. Turnpike, you thinking about playing again? You were good at pushing me to achieve specific goals (e.g. 99 fletching).

The grotworm slayer task got me my 400th slayer point, so I now sport a slayer helm. I paid nearly 690K for a black mask, two minutes before a clanmate offered one to me. Timing is everything.

My next slayer task was 156 kalphites. They are not hard to kill, but the drops are basically worthless. After disposing of just 26 of the little bug-gers, I decided to go back to where the money was: grotworms. They really are a nice moneymaker. I am equipped with two rune crossbows and using broad bolts (purchased 8K of them at the GE), and I found that if I stand right next to the worms, they almost never do any damage. I'm enjoying the various ranging actions, and I also brought my lava staff and a slew of nature runes, allowing me to immediately high alch the rune equipment that is dropped. The ranged leveling is going slow (especially in comparison to the skilling rates I'm used to), but I did manage to reach level 66 in my last session.

I deposited the non-alchable (new word?) loot in the Taverly Bank, which is where I sit, ready for the next log-in. I'll likely be heading back to the grotworms, to get some more combat levels and more coins which I can blow on summoning secondary ingredients, hookers, and oak planks. Okay, maybe not oak planks.

Total levels = 1,891

As I mentioned in my last post, I did indeed head back to the grotworms for two fairly short sessions. I stuck with ranging gear and leveled twice (67, 68). If I am standing close enough to the beasts so that they use melee instead of casting spells, I don't take a single point of damage. This allows me to use momentum and basically sit back and watch the loot roll in (hey, it is a lot of loot to me). There are a lot of bots (or afk players) at various times, and almost none at other times - weekday mornings appear to be the best time to have unlimited access to the worms.

Along with the two ranged levels, I also reached level 75 in constitution:

[spoiler=Worming My Way Into My Heart]constitutionlvl75_zpsb7254de4.png

I took a couple of quick Jack of Trades aura breaks, putting the bonus experience into summoning, but I'm still a fair way from leveling that skill.

Total levels = 1,894

• Like 1

I broke away from the grotworms for some skilling, leveling four times and exceeding 600K experience in a day, just the 10th time I've done so (and the first time in 2013). What did I do? I'm glad you asked:

- Spent an hour with the Five-Finger aura in the Thieves' Guild, earning more than 60K experience and reaching level 70:

[spoiler=Where Are All These Handkerchiefs Coming From?]thievinglvl70_zps1690a5d8.png

- Received a Daemonheim Daily Challenge, and I'll never pass one of those up. I completed floor 11 on complexity six in about 12 minutes, earning a shade under 6,400 experience (and reaching level 71) and then 50,700 bonus experience after informing the Burthorpe commander.

- Trained in the clan citadel, spending time at the loom, the mines, and the kiln. I charged my clan ring at the furnace, which gave me 55K bonus firemaking experience.

- Before heading to the Jadinko Lair to cut and burn curly roots, I took part in the special Guthix holiday event. I listened to two of his followers near the Falador lodestone, and then went butterfly hunting. I skipped (well, teleported) from one lodestone to another, catching 3-4 butterflies in each town until reaching the daily maximum. Two weeks of nearly 21K daily experience in my lowest skill, for maybe ten minutes of lodestone-hopping? Um, yeah, I'll take that, even if I think it's a bit too generous. With the experience earned, I leveled hunter to 65:

[spoiler=20 Butterflies To Add To The Collection]hunterlvl65_zps7026d409.png

- Earned about 325K firemaking experience burning roots in the Jadinko Lair. This got me to level 94:

[spoiler=Going Back To My Roots]firemakinglvl94_zps95935a6d.png

Sooner or later (probably later) I am going to do some quests.

Total levels = 1,898

[spoiler=1900 Total Levels]1900milestone_zps1e5fca77.png

100 more to go (actually, 99 after the end of yesterday's session). I had quite a busy session yesterday, completing three Daily Challenges, catching butterflies and visiting a dungeon for the first time.

Daily Challenge #1 - siphon 145 blood, death or law runes at Runespan. I spent about an hour there, getting blood runes and hitting some shifter and nebula nodes when they appeared. The reward was 26,300 experience points.

Daily Challenge #2 - make 10 super defense potions. I purchased the cadantine and white berries necessary, and created the potions quickly. The reward for this was 25,700 herblore experience (reached level 68) and a few runite ore.

Daily Challenge #3 - create 120 teak flat-pack armor cases. This one took some time, as I would create 20 at my workshop, teleport to Taverly, bank the flat-packs, withdraw 28 teak planks, teleport to Port Sarim, run to my house, and repeat. I sent my butler for excess planks which saved a little bit of time. The planks cost about 250K, but the goodie bag I received as part of my reward contained 16 grimy torstols and 16K coins, which offset the cost. The experience part of the reward was 29,975 exp, which leveled construction (67) and resulted in my 1,900th total level.

Catching Butterflies - my two lowest skills are hunter and slayer, so the experience from the 20 butterflies went to both skills (13K to hunter, 8K to slayer).

Dungeon Visit - I was looking around for a good monster to train my melee skills, and I found one in fire giants. I had never visited the Brimhaven Dungeon before, so I loaded up with food, my Guthix armor and an abyssal whip/dragon defender combo and chartered a ship from Catherby. After a mostly-pleasant trip and a short run to the dungeon, I was shaken down by some hobo outside the dungeon who charged nearly 900 gold pieces just to enter. I'm amazed that this guy has been tolerated for so long.

Anyway, once in the dungeon, I found my way to the fire giants and let me state that they are excellent for me to train on. I spent enough time there to earn 78K combat experience, leveling defense (73) and reaching a total combat level of 151. They drop tons of charms (mostly gold) and the occasional magic runes and rune equipment. I logged off from the dungeon, and will definitely be spending more time there in the future.

Less than 100 levels to go - it's hard for me to believe that I've come this far. My goal has been to reach 2,000 total levels by the 2nd anniversary of starting this blog, which would be this August 31. I may make a push to get there by June 30, but that depends on my available play time. The last 900 levels have certainly been fun.

Total levels = 1,901

First off, huge congratulations to Suomi for reaching five billion experience. It was nice to see one of the hall of fame players taking advantage of the holiday butterfly event.

Speaking of the butterfly event, I've been thoroughly enjoying the free experience in my lowest skills (slayer and hunter). I've been continuing to catch my allotment and have leveled both to 66.

I completed another Daily Challenge, once again in herblore. This time I needed to concoct 10 antipoison+ potions. I spent about 104K on supplies (toadflax, yew root and coconut milk - yum?) and received 25,725 bonus experience along with 54 magic logs worth about 80K. So I lost some money, but that was a nice chunk of herblore experience for me.

After the unchallenging Challenge, I went back to the Brimhaven Dungeon and beat up on fire giants for a while, leveling attack to 75:

[spoiler=Not-Jack the Giant Slayer]attacklvl75_zpsbe0eb420.png

Over the course of two sessions (a few hours in total) against these tall beasties, I gathered 181 charms (141 of them gold) and around 120K in loot. Won't make me rich, but it's a nice little extra considering I'm really there for the melee experience. If I want drop loot, I'll go back to grotworms.

All that killing made me tired. It was time for some relaxing alching. 1,500 yew shieldbows, to be precise. I lost seven gold per bow, which is nothing to a millionaire such as myself. I leveled magic (77), which also resulted in a total combat level increase to 152. Then, because I wanted to do something even more dull, I went to my house and rebuilt an oak larder many, many times until it looked almost perfect and I leveled construction (68).

I spent this morning in the clan citadel. I used my fealty cape bonus on farming, reaching level 68. I then spent time training and leveling mining (77) along with a bit of crafting on the loom. I charged my clan ring at the furnace (no surprise there) and used up the 60K bonus experience burning roots at the Jadinko Lair.

As for my stance on in-game gambling: I'm pleased to see the steps that Jagex has taken to curtail these player-run games. They are nothing more than a tax on the stupid and too often are used to scam naive players. Caveat Player, the saying almost goes, but gambling really doesn't fit into the theme of the game itself, similar to a wheel that players could spin in the hopes of getting some great prize (e.g. 200 million coins) but mostly getting a small bag of cash or some logs.

Total levels = 1,908

A very quick update here, since I barely played the last two days. I caught 60 butterflies since the last post, getting experience in slayer and leveling hunter (67). I also received two consecutive medium lamps in slayer (seems like long odds against that occurring) which pushed me up a level (67).

I also spent a bit of time fishing north of Seers' Village.

Ninety levels to go.

Total levels = 1,910

No levels since my last post - I spent just a few hours playing over the last couple of days. I capped in the clan citadel, splitting my time between crafting and mining. Once again, I charged the clan ring at the furnace, giving me 60K bonus firemaking experience which I received at the Jadinko Lair.

I also caught two days' worth of butterflies, which gave me experience in slayer, hunter and prayer. Finally, I had an agility Daily Challenge which required me to complete 25 laps at the Wilderness Course. Using my Greater Surefooted aura along with a pendant from the SoF, I spent an hour on the course and earned about 71K experience, including the Challenge bonus of around 15K. It would be sweet if I could earn that much each hour at that course.

Total levels = 1,910

Not too much going on lately, although I did level a few times. I completed two dungeoneering Daily Challenges, completing floors 12 and 13, earning more than 107K bonus experience and reaching level 72. I also caught a lot of butterflies (I am running out of pins), which gave me experience in slayer, hunter, prayer and summoning. A Jack of Trades trip got me enough summoning experience to level (68).

I received a combat Daily Challenge (kill 39 high-level monsters), and geared up for a return trip to the Brimhaven Dungeon. I spent awhile there, killing fire giants. I received 56 gold charms, 14 others, about 60K worth of loot, and 12,300 bonus strength experience which leveled up that skill (74).

On this, the last day of March, I passed 70 million total experience.

Total levels = 1,913

• 2 weeks later...

This will be a more lengthy post, as I had an interesting week with some new (for me) activities. Let's get to it:

One week ago, I logged in just nine minutes before the system update that was going to remove the Guthixian butterflies. The challenge was on to see if I could catch 20 before being forced to log off. I jumped around Al Kharid, Catherby and Draynor and captured the 20th (and possibly the last one ever caught by anyone) with less than 20 seconds left before the update. This flurry of activity got me to level 68 in hunter, slayer and prayer.

I trained in the clan citadel, as usual on a Tuesday. This time my focus was on smithing, as someone had graciously burned plenty of wood to make piles of charcoal. Using a pendant of smithing, I leveled to 71. I spent a bit of time firemaking and crafting as well. I charged the ring at the furnace, using the 60K bonus experience burning maple logs at the Grand Exchange.

The next day, I spent my time fly fishing at Seers' Village, leveling fishing to 74.

On the advice of a clan mate, I tried my hand at two diversions for the first time: Troll Invasion and God Statues. God Statues was simple and an interesting little puzzle, and I earned 38K construction experience and 19K prayer experience building statues to the various gods in four different cities. This will definitely be on my monthly 'to-do' list, as long as I remember! Troll Invasion took longer, but it was very easy making it through 20 waves, and I earned almost 37K farming experience. Because it was the first time I ever attempted this, I wound up completing some tutorial in Burthorpe, which was teaching me how to complete several skills and prepare for the invasion. Here are a couple of pictures, since I haven't posted any in the past few posts:

[spoiler=Troll Invasion, Awaiting Orders]trollinvasion_zpsa62e6470.png

[spoiler=Feeling Statuesque]godstatues_zpsacd5364f.png

Other things I completed during the past week:

- built and rebuilt oak larders, earning level 69 construction

- filled my bucket with the tears of Guthix (sad, sad God), gaining some slayer experience

- completed a Daily Challenge to cook 249 rocktails. With the cooking gauntlets, I didn't burn any, and I earned 85K bonus experience to go with the 50K+ earned from cooking them. This was the first time I've cooked since reaching level 95 awhile back. The goodie bag contained 30 frost dragon bones, which I decided to keep for future prayer training.

Total levels = 1,919

Three more levels knocked off. Jack of Trades and the clan fealty cape got me enough farming experience to reach level 69. I capped in the citadel on firemaking, smithing and crafting, and leveled crafting (92):

[spoiler=This Level Was Looming for A While]craftinglvl92_zpsbf788531.png

Charging my ring at the firemaking plot (and getting 60K bonus experience), I switched it up a bit and burned maple logs at a Grand Exchange bonfire, leveling firemaking (95). This was the first time I leveled firemaking somewhere other than in the Jadinko Lair since level 88:

[spoiler=Forgetting My Roots]firemakinglvl95_zpsf444e989.png

So I'm down under 80 levels to go. I wish that Jagex would estimate a release date for the next new skill, so that I could figure out if I can reach the end of The Second Thousand before the skill comes out.

Total levels = 1,922

After months of thinking "I need to check that place out", I finally took a carpet ride to Sophanem to speak with the Guardian mummy about plundering the pyramid of Jalsavrah.

And it was fun.

I don't think I'll be back in the Thieves' Guild any time soon, unless it is part of a quest. Pyramid Plunder is an enjoyable activity and the thieving experience was very nice for the hour I spent there. I summoned a bunyip, which eliminated the need for food, and even though I brought a super anti-poison potion based on a friend's advice, I never was poisoned so I'm not sure why that was necessary. It looks as though the drops are pretty much worthless unless I manage to get a sceptre, but those seem to be quite rare. I looted the chest in each room until getting to the fourth room (level 51 requirement), where I looted each urn and the chest before progressing to the fifth room. I leveled thieving (71) during the hour, and then switched up to looting just rooms five and six.

I will be back often.

Total levels = 1,923

You've really been cranking out those levels!

Poison the way we used to know it pretty much went away with the rollout of EOC, and I'm fairly certain that the lack of poison in Pyramid Plunder was a happy byproduct of that.

Good luck. you're in the home stretch now towards the 2K club. :)

After months of thinking "I need to check that place out", I finally took a carpet ride to Sophanem to speak with the Guardian mummy about plundering the pyramid of Jalsavrah.

And it was fun.

I don't think I'll be back in the Thieves' Guild any time soon, unless it is part of a quest. Pyramid Plunder is an enjoyable activity and the thieving experience was very nice for the hour I spent there. I summoned a bunyip, which eliminated the need for food, and even though I brought a super anti-poison potion based on a friend's advice, I never was poisoned so I'm not sure why that was necessary. It looks as though the drops are pretty much worthless unless I manage to get a sceptre, but those seem to be quite rare. I looted the chest in each room until getting to the fourth room (level 51 requirement), where I looted each urn and the chest before progressing to the fifth room. I leveled thieving (71) during the hour, and then switched up to looting just rooms five and six.

I will be back often.

Total levels = 1,923

Pyramind Plunder isn't too bad! It certainly beats the thieves guild!