Should Dolby Axon Voice Chat be put in runescape?

Deathscythe

On 3.09.2010 need for speed World put in a feature called Dolby Axon Voice Chat, Dolby Axon is a high-quality voice chat, especially for gamers, which delivers a clear communication by improved audio chain processing (noise suppression, echo suppression). What If Runescape had that that would be cool you would have to type in a word for your player to say, you wouldnt have to wait 2-3 mins for someone to type a sentence in the you can just say it. So do you think, would you like Dolby Axon Voice Chat be Integrated into runescape like EA did in Need for Speed: world?

Sonic9.png

Honestly, I could only see doing this as long as there was a constant 2-minute back-buffer of voice chat held by the game server and/or clients for reporting purposes. But that would only cause a ton of laggy overhead. Plus, how would you control dynamics for area-limited chat anyway? Ah well, until they could figure it out, I think we won't ever be seeing voice chat in RuneScape. :-|

~D. V. "Nice idea... but too unlikely due to tech issues..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Honestly, I could only see doing this as long as there was a constant 2-minute back-buffer of voice chat held by the game server and/or clients for reporting purposes. But that would only cause a ton of laggy overhead. Plus, how would you control dynamics for area-limited chat anyway? Ah well, until they could figure it out, I think we won't ever be seeing voice chat in RuneScape. :-|

~D. V. "Nice idea... but too unlikely due to tech issues..." Devnull

That work too but I mean to your friends and clan members if they speak English of course.As well as other players if they request to you if they want to talk to you via Voice Chat.

Sonic9.png

Ever been in a ground war game on MW2 and had 5 kids screaming into their mic during the map load? Multiply that by 25, and you'll see why this is a bad idea.

Right? Ever heard of a mute button.?

Ha ha... Indeed. :XD:

~D. V. "Yep... LOL" Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Ever been in a ground war game on MW2 and had 5 kids screaming into their mic during the map load? Multiply that by 25, and you'll see why this is a bad idea.

Right? Ever heard of a mute button.?

Ha ha... Indeed. :XD:

~D. V. "Yep... LOL" Devnull

I mean a mute buttion on the voice chat.

Sonic9.png

<<<Quote Snip>>>

I mean a mute buttion on the voice chat.

I know that's what you meant. ;)

Heck, it would be awesome to have per-user muting ability. :D

~D. V. "Let's make it fine-tuned, too!" Devnull

isnt jagex already doing this?

Last I checked, they were not... Technical issues, Reporting issues, and all that... :-|

~D. V. "Eh... nope." Devnull

Last I checked, they were not... Technical issues, Reporting issues, and all that... :-|

~D. V. "Eh... nope." Devnull

huh, could've sworn they announced it on a dev blog, was certain of it in fact.

oh well, it's for the better i suppose lol