RWTers vs Clan Manipulators

RU_Insane

Many players complain of the overflow of bots in the return of free trade, but how much of an effect are they on game-play and the economy when compared to the merchant clans of post-free trade RuneScape? Remember those people? Yeah. They were at least as reviled, if not more so, than the RWTers of today's game. Keep in mind RWT still flourished at that time too, though I'd argue not nearly to the extent as before, or now. I think every era of RuneScape has its upsides and downsides, but which is worse? In my opinion, it's RWTers, after return of free trade (not so much as before its removal). I have the typical complaints, but I left RS at around the same time school started and I was getting bored with the game already because of decreased cash opportunities (may or may not be due to RWTers).

Which of the two do you think is the lesser of "two evils" and why? Would you take back merchant clan dominated-RS over the current version, or keep the game the way it is now? Which do you think has a greater impact on the economy/game-play?

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

The clan manipulators were far less effective and the economic consequences more limited. I'd opt for them any day.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

The clan manipulators were far less effective and the economic consequences more limited. I'd opt for them any day.

This. The worst that'd happen with Manipulators is that they'd decide to merch something I need (Ppots or something like that) and it'd inconvenience me for a few days-weeks. That, and messing with new items for as long as they're hyped were basically the only things that affected me, with bots and RWT I'm having a lot more trouble making money than I ever had before.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

This. The worst that'd happen with Manipulators is that they'd decide to merch something I need (Ppots or something like that) and it'd inconvenience me for a few days-weeks. That, and messing with new items for as long as they're hyped were basically the only things that affected me, with bots and RWT I'm having a lot more trouble making money than I ever had before.

Plus, manipulators didn't physically cause trouble in the open by hostilely taking over your training spot. Been wanting to get a red dragon egg lately to add to my pet dragon collection and kill certain monsters for money, but bots are suffocating the spots; at least clans *know* their limits.

They're both bad but I'm not sure which is worse. Bots have taken over training spots and made casual conversation in the GE nearly impossible, while manip clans made everyone think that all merchants are nothing but greedy price manipulators out to destroy the economy of RS.

I'd have to say that the bots have had a much worse impact on the game than the manipulators ever did.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• 5 weeks later...

RWT is much worse.

RWT does nothing but screw over people doing good, and help the bad.

Merch clans just move the money from the stupid to the bad. And even then in much smaller amounts.

And merch clans dont force jagex to spend REAL money to fix them.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

• 2 weeks later...