This should help Jagex beat bots

Hedgehog

Mere in the case of bandos my theory would work like this;

hypothetical;

*Bandos gear is now untradeable when you EQUIP it*

-You go to bandos gwd as usual

-You get a BCP as a drop

-You can go sell it on the ge for profit OR equip it.

-BUT once you equip it, its untradeable.

That way people arent constantly buying and selling gear. That way the gear is pulled OUT of the economy as fast as it was brought in. Have you noticed how as time goes on, rare gear drops decline in price? Thats because the supply is constantly getting larger. IF you had to keep it as soon as you put it on, it would take it out of circulation and thus, would keep the prices up.

No. I constantly buy & later sell my bandos once I have enough cash to get a skill up (for example, prayer or herblore) and that would make that impossible.

Also, if everyone who ever bought a bcp would never need to rebuy one, the demand would go down. I'd say atleast 50% of the people getting a bcp have had one previously.

Most (read: essentially all) players constantly buy and their sell their equipment to achieve goals that will either help get that gear back faster, or just give greater satisfaction than having it.

As an example. A few weeks ago I had full bandos, claws, fury, dfs that I would use at bandos. I sold that to afford extremes and turmoil, I now do bandos in karils/veracs/glory/ddefender much better than I did before, and my account has improved greatly because of it.

If you already have maxed skills and nothing to train, of course you're not going to sell stuff as their simply isn't a need, but not everyone comes off tutorial island with 2400+ total level.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Creating more untradeable items

A bot will be made to get these items.

Creating ways to train skill that don't cost a lot of money

This will make botting a lot more popular. I have no idea how this would work.

Making it clear that buying gold is bad

Making a statement about buying gold being illegal doesn't change a thing, those advertisements on the films "You wouldn't download an illegal movie" we still do it and the fact that it's refreshed in our mind just means we're more likely to do it.

Make gold selling and botting sites censored

They are, they just work around the censors everytime.

tumblr_ln7c1ecJ651qcecjr.gif

Xat.png

Creating more untradeable items

A bot will be made to get these items.

Creating ways to train skill that don't cost a lot of money

This will make botting a lot more popular. I have no idea how this would work.

Making it clear that buying gold is bad

Making a statement about buying gold being illegal doesn't change a thing, those advertisements on the films "You wouldn't download an illegal movie" we still do it and the fact that it's refreshed in our mind just means we're more likely to do it.

Make gold selling and botting sites censored

They are, they just work around the censors everytime.

If someone bots a chaotic rapier, who loses? No one. At best you could make the case that it degrades integrity. However, gold farmers have an adverse effect on the economy as a whole, which is by far the more pertinent issue.

Creating cheaper ways to train skills lowers the incentives to buy gold. Yes, you won't eliminate every instance of goldfarming, but there is no magical solution. The idea is to reduce the amount of goldfarming without negatively affecting the community as a whole, within a limit.

A simple sentence saying "There are no ways to legally purchase in-game cash, and doing so can lead to a permanent ban" set as the log in message would definitely scare off some potential RWTers. Again, it's not about eliminating RWT, it's about reducing it.

And you should think about testing whether or not bot sites are censored. You might be surprised.

• 3 weeks later...

Why bot nuking failed:

As long as a demand for gold exists, there will be someone to supply it. Goldfarming companies will adapt to any bot solution Jagex can come up with. Sooner or later, bots will rise. They're the easiest way for goldfarms to supply gold for the rs populous. Even if Jagex magically finds a way to remove all bots, goldfarming will just be done the old-fashioned way, with sweatshops. The only way to solve this problem is through the power of economics: offer incentives and reasons not to participate in the gold trade. If players don't feel the need to buy gold, then bots will disappear on their own. I can guarantee it'll work.

Id rather have sweatshop rwters than bot rwters. That way only a small fraction of the chinese are doing it. With botting rwt there were actually kids in the US farming their own cashpiles and selling it. They were making anywhere from $200-$2000 each. It changes the game a little more than regular rwt IMO.

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.