My account is locked beyond repair!

silver24-7

Hey!

I used to play a lot of rs a long time ago (2005-2008) and managed to get a pretty nice account with a lot of money and beautiful house in those years. For the past three years I've hardly ever played but still logged in every once in a while to check on my accounts and any changes made to rs. However when I tried to log in yesterday I stumbled upon a big problem.

My account has been locked!

Apparently some sad noob has tried to hack into my account for one time too many and Jagex locked it. (I still hope they did this before anyone actually managed to get access to my account.) Anyways, I'm glad they lock accounts when such things happen to prevent my items from getting stolen but the problem at hand is that I cannot recover it in any way! :(

I've already appealed for 6 times and entered all the information correct, including exact answers to all 5 questions, my first ever membership payment (and many others). My ISP when I created it and also when I moved and my current ISP. Everything is in there even what I think must have been my first password (hard to know after 6 years) and the date I created my account in (maybe one month off but still). I even added my contact details from back then in the extra details below, also 100% correct because I kept all those info on a piece of paper in case something like this ever happened.

Nevertheless, every time I try to appeal I keep getting this denial explanation:

Denied

Unfortunately, your appeal has been denied.

The reason for your appeal being denied is below. Please read it carefully. If you have more information to give you can submit a new appeal containing the requested information. We will then be able to review your appeal with the extra information and action it accordingly

Creation Details

We require details on the creation of your account. This includes:

• Date the account was created. The more accurate the better.
  • Country and State/Country/Region it was created from.
  • Internet Service Provider used when the account was created (BT,Virgin,Comcast SBC etc.).

These details can be entered into the 'Other Details' section at the bottom of the Appeal form.

I REALLY want to get access to my account back and since it is still impossible to personally contact the folks at RS HQ personally in any way I decided to ask here if anyone knows anything I can do to get this fixed!

I hope you guys can help!

~Silver24-7

I hate to say it, but boris is probably right. Have you looked up your character on the high scores? If it's not there, then it was unfortunately banned and starting over is probably your only choice.

Edit: I just looked up "Silver24 7" and he's still on the high scores, so at least we can be sure you weren't banned.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

As I said in my post I've been logging in every now and then during those years. The last time was probably like 2 or 3 months ago so I don't think it has been hijacked. Even if it was I guess they wouldn't have used it for botting but more likely stolen the large amounts of money on there :(

What I just don't understand is how I get denied on those grounds when I have the place, month, ISP and all that 100% correct. It's impossible for me to figure out the exact date I created it. I even tried to find it in chat logs but I don't have the ones needed anymore.

Perhaps someone knows a way to send a personal message to Jagex staff and answer any questions they might have about my account? I know everything about it so it would make it pretty easy to prove.

I don't know if this helps and you may already have put it in your appeal, but I got one of my accounts back fairly easily with minimal detail, but included the IP that my account was created and mainly played on. If you have access to this info, I think it is a massive help in the appeal process. Hope this helps.

Instead of giving useless advice of quitting and blah, here's some:

Make sure your creation ISP and recent ISP's are correct, these are semi-important. And try using the creation year while leaving the month blank, it works for me when I get denied for creations. Also, if you've moved countries recently, try using a proxy closer to your original location.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Thanks for the help guys! Unfortunately it still didn't get me my account back :(

OK, I've tried leaving the month blank, I've tried entering all ISP's I've ever regularly played from and also entered the contact details I supplied long ago when they still asked for those when recovering. Still, they denied everything... I actually recovered the password like 2 or 3 times before to this exact e-mail address so they should know it is me. I even thought I had registered the account to my e-mail address when they finally made that an option but I found out I never finished that process by entering a confirmation code onsite.

So now I'm trying to get a hold of my original IP address, my parents still live at the same place where I used to but they have changed ISP one or two times since then. I suppose the IP address will be different then? Is there perhaps any other way for me to find out what my IP address was 6 years ago. Are there any popular services like e-mail clients or something that holds on to this data for so long?

Maybe this forum does? That would be great as I've created an account here shortly after creating it on RS!

I am wondering though, how would this work when you have a dynamic IP address? Or is that something completely different?

Contact an Admin here via the PM system, they might be able to help you. :)

Good luck!

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

In other details, make sure to put your bank pin, along with details of every payment method you've ever uses; so for me I put "previously paid using Debit cards ending in xxxx, yyyy and zzzz" as well as through surpin on mobile numbers X and Y. Paymeny details are without question the most important factor, the more you can supply the better. After a couple of recovery attemps, answers to security questions and previous passwords become nearly irrelevant becuase Jagex know that both parties know the information. Also make sure you detail from where you moved and where to, as well as detailing if possible the post code from which you made each membership payment alongisde the transaction ID for that payment and how you payed. If you kept all the confirmation emails as you are recommended to, this will guarantee a successful recovery.

Asmodean <3

So now I'm trying to get a hold of my original IP address, my parents still live at the same place where I used to but they have changed ISP one or two times since then. I suppose the IP address will be different then? Is there perhaps any other way for me to find out what my IP address was 6 years ago. Are there any popular services like e-mail clients or something that holds on to this data for so long?

Maybe this forum does? That would be great as I've created an account here shortly after creating it on RS!

I am wondering though, how would this work when you have a dynamic IP address? Or is that something completely different?

If you have sent any emails using that IP address you are mentioning, go to your 'Sent' folder, find an email where you think you sent it from your original IP address, right click on it and click on 'Email Source' or 'Source code' depending on your email provider. It should show your IP.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12