Cooking Wines

Amonitas

Would like to get my cook up too, but I want it fast, cooking fish is kinda pointless.

How much would it cost me per hour to make wines and how much exp that is?

The goal is 90 cook.

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

If you have a decent sized bank, wines are definitely the way to go.

If you don't have a decent sized bank, stick to cooking fish. It may be a lot slower, but if you compare it to other skills, it's still very fast xp.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Well then I'll stick to Swordfish then.

Depends on what is a decent sized bank, care to explain?

Decent sized bank as in being able to afford all the wines to your goal while still having enough GP left to use during/after making the wines for other things like resources, potions, food, etc.

hzyi3.gif

If you have a decent sized bank, wines are definitely the way to go.

If you don't have a decent sized bank, stick to cooking fish. It may be a lot slower, but if you compare it to other skills, it's still very fast xp.

Whether you should wine has nothing to do with how large your bank is. What's relevant is income.

Last time a checked (a long time ago but things won't have changed *that* drastically), the tvc for parity between wines and lobsters was about 400k/hour.

^ it actually can have to do with your bank. if you just happen to have extra money, like me, more than enough to cover the buyables, etc., then you probably still want to do wines even if you value your time <400k (which i arguably do). You might say its hard to have a lot of money and value your money so low, but many things can decrease how much you value your time - you might, for example, just really not like to do the money generating things. You might not be able to afk them to the degree that you can making wines, which might significantly decrease their value to you.

oh, I think you you tend to think about what's optimal for a robot, and then map that onto what's optimal for a human. But humans aren't really robots, and we're not all the same. What's theoretically optimal might not be in the achievable space for a particular human.

So we have to be more relaxed with measures like if you value your time more than x do y - they are guides , not following them doesn't mean you are being less efficient than you can be. it just means you are not optimizing your theoretical efficiency.

^, lol, something tells me part of that was my fault. But i bet this is not that uncommon around here, the op getting more than he asks for, and everything.

^^, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorrrrryyyyyy :sad: :sad: :sad:. I wont do it again. I promise. I swear. It was a mistake.

====

discussion that might get this thread locked, commenced:

all i said was I think you tend to _____. I'm happy for you to correct me. I don't think that was putting words in your mouth. maybe it wasn't exactly nice . So I'm sorry for that. But I was just saying how I infer you think about things.

I'll do the same thing again, anyway - you strike me as being a bit too defensive due to having to fend off so many wayward criticisms. I would suggest that saying I was putting words in your mouth was one of those overly defensive reactions.

Locking this thread as the OP's question has been answered.

And it was getting a bit off-topic. :shame:

hzyi3.gif