Printer Problems

Sy_Accursed

I have a wifi canon pixma mg 5250 printer; as of today for no apprent reason neither my mac or my windows pc can communicate with it. I've tried reinstalling on both systems and resetting the printer to no avail, any suggestions?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I have a wifi canon pixma mg 5250 printer; as of today for no apprent reason neither my mac or my windows pc can communicate with it. I've tried reinstalling on both systems and resetting the printer to no avail, any suggestions?

Well one thing that would be helpful to know is how you have the computers hooked up to the printer and what error message it is giving. Assuming that you have the two computers hooked up by WiFi, I would suggest trying to use the printer through the USB connection (generally requires a USB A-B cable) and see if the printer is at all functional, or if its just the WiFi that is acting up.

Note I am assuming that you actually bothered to followed the standard checking to make sure your Printer wireless settings match the Access Point's settings, and went through the networking troubleshooting booklet.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Well one thing that would be helpful to know is how you have the computers hooked up to the printer and what error message it is giving. Assuming that you have the two computers hooked up by WiFi, I would suggest trying to use the printer through the USB connection (generally requires a USB A-B cable) and see if the printer is at all functional, or if its just the WiFi that is acting up.

Note I am assuming that you actually bothered to followed the standard checking to make sure your Printer wireless settings match the Access Point's settings, and went through the networking troubleshooting booklet.

^this, i highly suggest setting printers up wired (use a laptop or something if it's in a separate room)

because when you try to mess with the wifi then you have atleast ruled out the printer itself as being the problem

as a wifi problem is a completely different issue to deal with

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

Sy, I'm gonna have to with the above, and suggest that you check your wifi settings and then switch to hardwired as well. It sounds much to me like someone broke into your network, changed a ton of your settings, and left your printer non-connectable. :geek:

~D. V. "Feeling like taking note of the worst-case situation..." Devnull

(Edit by author due to missed thoughts earlier...)

Edited by D_V_Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

It sounds much to me like someone broke into your network, changed a ton of your settings, and left your printer non-connectable. :geek:

Um... I doubt this.. I doubt this very much. Printers do this, they're the most temperamental things.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

It was working as I used it to photo copy just before printing.

I had verified the network settings and it doesn't have a cable port that I'm aware of + no cable anyway.

It didn't make error messages, simply the computers could not communicate with it to print, despite being able to detect it as being there and turned on & it showing up in the router.

In the end I shut down the printer, both computers and the router and it all came back on and working fine.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

<<<snip>>>

In the end I shut down the printer, both computers and the router and it all came back on and working fine.

In short, it was just a nasty glitch that required a reboot. Glad to hear my worst-case theory wasn't true. :lol:

~D. V. "Phew! LOL" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

<<<snip>>>

In short, it was just a nasty glitch that required a reboot. Glad to hear my worst-case theory wasn't true. :lol:

~D. V. "Phew! LOL" Devnull

You're always assuming the worse, so it comes as no surprise to me that it wasn't more than that.