How titans work?

Troll Bomber

Not sure why, but the way combat familiars (titans in particular) work has always stumped me. I'm getting more and more into killing glacors, and have become comfortable enough with ss flashing to ditch the uni, and would like to start using an iron titan (until steel ofc), but have a few questions:

1) By just having the titan spawned, does it automatically choose what it wants to attack nearby? Is there anyway to control this?

2) I'm pretty sure that when I used titans a couple of times during slayer, having an enchanted helm full of scrolls allowed them to constantly use them immediately rather than me having to select it each time. I won't be using headware that can hold scrolls, so do I still have to "ask" the titan to use them?

3) What would be the best option to have as the left-click option for titans? Attack, Special ability, or Familiar Details? Say I want to take out the Sapping/Enduring Glacite using the titan, how would I go about doing that efficiently?

Sorry if these questions seem kind of stupid, but the way combat familiars work is something that has always confused me. I know everyone talks about how great they can be, but I need some help on using them efficiently.

Thanks in advance.

Trollbomber.png

The titan will attack things that are aggressive to you, but he tends to do it quite slowly and will randomly select a target to attack (like the gllacor/unstable) which you dont really want

Put the left-click option as the special scroll effect, and when the glacytes are spawned right-click attack to get him to target the sapping glacyte while you kill the enduring.

Helm scrolls aren't especially useful, just keep clicking the special so he uses it every attack until the sapping is down, and then depending on how far you've got with killing the enduring, get him to target the glacor so he doesn't accidentally kill the unstable before you've finished the enduring (its a major pain)

Also enduring/glacor cannot be hurt by the titan, hence why you get him to target the sapping

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

As far as I know, scrolls expended by the helm do not consume special move points, at the cost of activating randomly in combat. I'm not too sure if you can charge Iron Within scrolls into your helm, though.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I know you can put Iron Within inside the helm, but would it really be useful to use a neit helm? I'm currently using Elite Void with a void gloves and a mage/melee void swap. CBA to get the defender/deflector or whatever it's called.

Trollbomber.png

Void mage sucks too hard for glacors. Use Ahrim's top/bottom with max str everything else. CSB is essential. If you haven't got one, go get one.

I've got CSB already and am using ASN and CS as well. Can't afford ahrims for the time being, but it's first on my my list to get once I've got the money. I want to break the safespotting habit, but really can't with void due to low defense. I will once I get ahrims.

Would this be an optimal setup?

Neit (e) full of scrolls, ASN, Ahrim's top/bottom, D-boots, CSB, CS, Fire cape, RoW? Swap out ddef+rapier for glacites.

Trollbomber.png