I can't play RuneScape.

Blaze The Movie Fan

I really love RuneScape, I do. It's one of my favorite games. But when I tried to play it I got a white screen. Don't know what I'm talking about? Alright, I will show you:

whitescreen.png

So I went to Java.com to see if I have the right version, and apparently I have the recommended version of Java, so I have no idea what the problem is. Can somebody please help me out? I tried refreshing the page many times and no matter what happened I kept getting this white screen.

I had the same problem before; the way I fixed was I had a program called youtube downloader and that program's toolbar in all of my browsers froze up java. I would suggest that if you have "youtube downloader", remove it and try it again

Best of luck

Ltgen_Singh.png

Capture_Copy.png

all_99.png

Moved to where all the technical people are.

EDIT: Looked at your pic again, and from my experiance, what you should do first is close youtube out completly before trying to load the game. I use firefox on my laptop, and shortly before I stoped using it to play (got a new comp), I found that youtube was locking up my browser whenever it ran with runescape open at the same time, and having youtube open when trying to load runescape caused the browser to crash.

I suppose the first thing I would do is disable all ad-ons that you have installed on your browser. Also, if the game has been working recently, and this is a new problem today, then you might just do a system restore to a time when the game worked and see if that helps.

Hiya, Blaze! You just found a FireFox user who's more than willing to help you burrow through this mess. :shades:

Before you do anything like what others have posted, I need you to post back with a list of everything you have added (directly and indirectly, doesn't matter which) to FireFox so far. We're going to dig you out of this mess and keep as much working as possible, one way or another. :ugeek:

~D. V. "Not gonna let FireFox burn down in your face..." Devnull

(p.s.: Worst case, AVG is messing with you. AVG and the RS Client are known for not getting along.)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Somewhat confused by that screenshot, as That is not the linked URL for actually playing Runescape, which atleast for me is something like ( the other one works for me though...):

http://www.runescape.com/g=runescape/game.ws?j=1

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Somewhat confused by that screenshot, as That is not the linked URL for actually playing Runescape, which atleast for me is something like ( the other one works for me though...):

I think Wyvren's right, I just tried to play using runescape.com/game.ws and I white-screened as well. Do you have that url bookmarked, or are you actually being re-directed there from the front page?

Randox, so you are telling me I can't play RuneScape and watch YouTube videos at the same time? That's not good because I really like doing that.

I tried the link http://www.runescape.com/g=runescape/game.ws?j=1 and I get white screen there as well.

Alright, I read D_V_Devnull's message "(p.s.: Worst case, AVG is messing with you. AVG and the RS Client are known for not getting along.)" so could it be possible that AVG is the reason why I can't play the game? I really hope it's not that program that is blocking the game. If that's the case, I have to find a way to fix it.

I think Wyvren's right, I just tried to play using runescape.com/game.ws and I white-screened as well. Do you have that url bookmarked, or are you actually being re-directed there from the front page?

Guys, I just tried http://www.runescape.com/game.ws and I am having no issues whatsoever. RS has loaded right up for me and I'm not even using the latest stuff while having a whole ton of extensions loaded. So the URL isn't bad, that's for certain, unless Blaze is just lacking the "http://" on the front. :ugeek:

~D. V. "Mileage about URLs shouldn't be varying here..." Devnull

(p.s.: Blaze, I still need you to post that List Of Added FireFox Extensions/Toolbars/Etc.!)

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Well, in that case I would suggest trying the downloadable client from Jagex on the downloads page: http://www.runescape.com/g=runescape/downloads.ws

That should be able to connect unless the issue is a firewall or connection problem, as it runs on its own built in JVM and doesn't use a browser

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Well, in that case I would suggest trying the downloadable client from Jagex on the downloads page: http://www.runescape.com/g=runescape/downloads.ws

That should be able to connect unless the issue is a firewall or connection problem, as it runs on its own built in JVM and doesn't use a browser

Problem: AVG will block that, because it uses a packing style that AVG has blacklisted. :(

~D. V. "Sort of sticks a fork in things..." Devnull

(p.s.: @Randox -- My RS load up was with something from YouTube active. Can't be their fault, TBH.)

It works perfectly, thanks.

It works perfectly, thanks.

Now that's just weird. :blink:

In that case, it would suggest that the Java available to FireFox is messed up. Sounds like time for the main Java install to get reinstalled. :-w

~D. V. "That's some crazy stuff..." Devnull

I've never had issues between Rs and Youtube, and I always have youtube open when starting to play Rs. This makes no sense.

Reinstalling Java might be the way to go. Also make sure you graphics card drivers are up to date.

its not about watching youtube and playing runescape; the problem for me was that the program "youtube downloader" which also installs a toolbar for all my browsers made it white screen. The moment I removed it, good old rs.

Ltgen_Singh.png

Capture_Copy.png

all_99.png

Download the latest Firefox, from the look of it you don't have the latest one. Just go to Help -> About firefox and you should be able to download the latest one, or just simply go to their website and download it.

To limit down the causes if you go to Help -> Restart with add-ons disabled, you can see if your addons are the problem.

Adblock Plus + WOT addons ftw

randomkcopyq.png

I feel obliged to point out all what has been said about AVG is completely wrong.

I run AVG on my desktop and have NEVER had any issue running runescape in browser or in the client.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It might be a problem limited to my computer, but I know at least for me youtube is at least part of the problem. It doesn't cause the game to crash, what it does is lock up the youtube tab (so that if your on it, clicking stuff does nothing at all), and disable your ability to switch tabs. So if I am on the game screen when it happens, no big deal, it wont kill me. But if I am on youtube when it locks, then its task manager time.

And I think I described it wrong above because its been a while since I used the laptop, but being on it again has reminded me of its 'quirks'.

Anyway, glad to hear the client is working for you. Might try it myself since I am not huge on the idea of switching this machine over to chrome, but I really like my youtube.