Computer monitor settings

spooferfish

My computer monitor died last night (it was 10 years old :blink: ) My brother said I could use his, since his desktop died awhile ago and he uses his laptop now.

I plugged it in and started my computer, and eventually got on Runescape. Something is off though. The background in a bank almost has a camoflauge pattern, the background behind Barrows in Runescape is flashing green and black (kinds like a thunderstorm, almost cool) and pictures load really weird.

I have hit the auto-adjust a few times, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I've tried messing with the settings for the monitor, and the resolution for my desktop. The resolution seems to fit well, but the color..or something..is still off. Pictures also load weird and are unclear.. I have also done the auto set up on the Runescape settings, but that seemed to make it worse so I went back to previous settings.

Any suggestion on what setting I should be changing here?

35b9enp.jpg

Ummm...well I'm not an expert so don't quote me on this, but it sounds more like your graphics card cannot deal with the monitor correctly? If the monitor worked properly before(at another computer) but now doesn't sound like the monitor adjustments are off. Of course, I haven't seen it myself, so this might just be me getting the wrong picture from your error description.

Ummm...well I'm not an expert so don't quote me on this, but it sounds more like your graphics card cannot deal with the monitor correctly? If the monitor worked properly before(at another computer) but now doesn't sound like the monitor adjustments are off. Of course, I haven't seen it myself, so this might just be me getting the wrong picture from your error description.

It did work at my brothers computer... One of our friends built his computer, so it may have had a nice graphics card in it. My computer is just a pretty basic one premade from Best Buy...

Is there an adaptor between the computer and the monitor?

An adapter? I don't think so...

Sounds like you may be missing some drivers.

Drivers for a monitor? :o Is there some place I can get those online?

35b9enp.jpg

What's the model of the monitor? Most monitors work correctly under the standard pnp driver, but sometimes there's a driver that comes with them.

If you go in the color settings of your computer, can you see if it's set at 32bits?

What's the model of the monitor? Most monitors work correctly under the standard pnp driver, but sometimes there's a driver that comes with them.

If you go in the color settings of your computer, can you see if it's set at 32bits?

I don't see a name on the monitor anywhere. It does say 32bits in the color settings.

Edit: The graphics properties menu says Intel on it, if that helps...

35b9enp.jpg

Intel can be just the graphics processor. Did you first upgrade the graphics driver? Usually the screen model is going to be in the back of the screen.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+controllers&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+G43+Express+Chipset

Graphics driver, from the 64's in the file names, I guess you're on 64 bit

Are you certain that the monitor resolution is correct - if it's CRT and you push it too far, it can fry, while LCD may map other resolutions to screen resolution, but with impaired quality.

Is it only Runescape graphics that look wrong?

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+controllers&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+G43+Express+Chipset

Graphics driver, from the 64's in the file names, I guess you're on 64 bit

Are you certain that the monitor resolution is correct - if it's CRT and you push it too far, it can fry, while LCD may map other resolutions to screen resolution, but with impaired quality.

Is it only Runescape graphics that look wrong?

No, the background of TIF is odd colored as well. Most pictures are blurry/distorted.

I also have no idea what the part of your post I bolded means. I did autoset up for the settings on the monitor...

35b9enp.jpg

Its kind a weird.. your old monitor was working fine on your videocard but the monitor crashed. that might had influence on your videocard since it was attached with a cable. Easiest way to test this is using a third monitor on it. If the videocard is still working fine, and the monitor was doing so as well it might has to do something with your settings. But you said you tried to adjust them. When i bought my monitor there is a cd with it as well that i needed to instal. Did your brother get a cd with the monitor? If is the monitor itself some more information about the monitor will help :)

rsn changed for a short period of time to: GM Dutch