Black Mask Drop Rate

Sycrov

I used to get 1.6 Black Masks per hour average (based on the results of roughly 100 Black Mask drops). However, this was with maxed att/str/hp and a Bunyip. It is worth adding that more offensive combat boosts have been released since I've used this moneymaking method, so the rates may be increased for a player with maxed combat.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Drop rates are dropped and lowered sometimes, based on updates, rs population etc.

If you don't want to believe that, whatever.

Average normal drop rate is 1/200-250.

You sound lucky but it could be my first line.

553VriC.png?1

To answer Ren's question, I usually stick to the first two spawns by the entrance. As soon as I kill one and run to the next, it respawns. Works out quite nicely.

EDIT: I think I was in a very populated world when those spawns happened. Now that I'm not, I get stuck waiting for quite a while.

Bionic Yoshi.png

99 cooking: 10/24/10

I have a decent theory that sticking to the same spawns ups your drop rate for items, but that can't easily be tested by one person. I've found it helps, but idk if that's true for every monster anyway. In theory, if every monster spawn has a qeued (sp?) up drop like, dragon chain for dust devils, that means every spawn should have a different amount of kills per chain drop. It could be true, idk. And row could also change the drop rate entirely, let alone mess up the cycle of each drop... I just don't think it's as simple as a pinwheel effect as Jagex described. It's gotta be on a better rotation or based on lightning strike randomness, aka no consistency at all. And there's a lot of inconsistency when it comes to drops. On top of the fact that I know Jagex messes with drop rates sometimes, there's probably never going to be a true drop rate for items unless they cause items to have fixed drop rates permanently, which they undoubtfully won't.

Just try not to cut down the chances of you not getting items, and you won't go nuts like I apparently have :) (though obviously sometimes it helps *points to signature*).

553VriC.png?1

I suppose you do know what you're talking about :)

Thanks for your help. The herb seeds and whatnot easily pay for every trip and profit even without a black mask. I've gotten a snap seed and a dwarf weed seed already, and it's only been two trips. Oh, and one lvl 3 clue that I'm doing right now. Wish me luck!

Bionic Yoshi.png

99 cooking: 10/24/10

I have a decent theory that sticking to the same spawns ups your drop rate for items, but that can't easily be tested by one person. I've found it helps, but idk if that's true for every monster anyway. In theory, if every monster spawn has a qeued (sp?) up drop like, dragon chain for dust devils, that means every spawn should have a different amount of kills per chain drop. It could be true, idk. And row could also change the drop rate entirely, let alone mess up the cycle of each drop... I just don't think it's as simple as a pinwheel effect as Jagex described. It's gotta be on a better rotation or based on lightning strike randomness, aka no consistency at all. And there's a lot of inconsistency when it comes to drops. On top of the fact that I know Jagex messes with drop rates sometimes, there's probably never going to be a true drop rate for items unless they cause items to have fixed drop rates permanently, which they undoubtfully won't.

Just try not to cut down the chances of you not getting items, and you won't go nuts like I apparently have :) (though obviously sometimes it helps *points to signature*).

This is not true.

It's just a rng. A number between x and y is generated and corresponds to a drop. Some drops have more values assigned to it than others, which causes it to be more common.

There is no way to increase your chance of getting a good drop.

I disagree about the "queue" for each monster for drops. I think is pretty much random. But here is where I killed the cave horrors. Its got like 6 spawns, and some safe spots for hally if you feel like it.

400pxmosleharmlesscaves.png

I do know you easily make back everything you lose killing them just on seeds and herbs. I got many snap, dwarf, lanta, and ranarr seeds from them. And even a torstol seed once or twice. They are a quite good lower level moneymaker.

pere_grin.png