My forum I held off for Several months ..

GirlPowerOn

I used a free forum site I found on google to start this Several months ago ..

This is what I had held up for Several months but I have started at it again ... Tell me what you think ... If you want just look in my Sig for the link.

© I did not take any of these ideas from "tip.it" I didn't find out about "tip.it" Until a couple weeks ago. Any Copyright Issues I'm sorry for.

This is just a start up site I started Several months ago didn't mean to take anything if I did. Sorry tip.it , you can delete this post if it offends you.

Thanks.

© RuneScapeTippers 2010-2012

Website I'm working on Runescape Tippers "I was not stealing anything off this site I had been working on this for several months but I gave up and just started on it again.

GirlPowerOn ,One of the best trainers !

Girlpoweron.png

Girlpoweron.png

Girlpoweron.png

Chances are no one cares.

Also, try not to stutter type. Makes your post look incoherent

Don't have to be so mean about it. I'm just trying to show what I've done... Sorry didn't know doing something would make you go CRAZY!!!!

Website I'm working on Runescape Tippers "I was not stealing anything off this site I had been working on this for several months but I gave up and just started on it again.

Girlpoweron.png

Girlpoweron.png

Girlpoweron.png

Poppet don't be a [bleep].

GirlPowerOn, I'm not being funny but this probably isn't the best place to advertise a forum, people are very loyal when it comes to that sort of thing and wont take kindly to user-stealers! :D

Anyway, nice work so far.. have you considered using PHPBB3? It's very easy to install, fast and clean. I've used it before and I can help you iron out any problem if they should arise.

The forum you have used isn't fantastic, it's cluttered and not very legible.

~Feel free to PM me any time, I'm a web designer/developer myself so if you're into that sort of thing, I'm sure we'll have a lot to chat about.

~Dyze

Poppet don't be a [bleep].

GirlPowerOn, I'm not being funny but this probably isn't the best place to advertise a forum, people are very loyal when it comes to that sort of thing and wont take kindly to user-stealers! :D

Anyway, nice work so far.. have you considered using PHPBB3? It's very easy to install, fast and clean. I've used it before and I can help you iron out any problem if they should arise.

The forum you have used isn't fantastic, it's cluttered and not very legible.

~Feel free to PM me any time, I'm a web designer/developer myself so if you're into that sort of thing, I'm sure we'll have a lot to chat about.

~Dyze

Thanks for the info ! And I'll message you when I'm ready to move up ^^ Lol

Girlpoweron.png

Girlpoweron.png

Girlpoweron.png

I don't see anything on your website that would infringe upon Tip.It. It's just a forum, correct?

I've taken a look at it, and you've done a great job with the FAQ's.. very coherent and informative. It answered some of the lingering questions that I had.

Good luck with kickstarting it! :smile: You might want to look into attracting some of the efficient meta-gamer community; it's possible that they might possibly have a chance of being interested in it. Who knows? It could give you some fresh blood.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

I don't see anything on your website that would infringe upon Tip.It. It's just a forum, correct?

I've taken a look at it, and you've done a great job with the FAQ's.. very coherent and informative. It answered some of the lingering questions that I had.

Good luck with kickstarting it! :smile: You might want to look into attracting some of the efficient meta-gamer community; it's possible that they might possibly have a chance of being interested in it. Who knows? It could give you some fresh blood.

See thats the problem i've made many forums in the past and worked and worked on them for like several months but had no traffic my best forums only got 4 people to join in about a year ... Idk how to get traffic :/ plus I don't have a credit card to pay some site to get me traffic :/ so I really don't know how to get traffic ...

Girlpoweron.png

Girlpoweron.png

Girlpoweron.png

The forum says it was created yesterday.

Since this is with forumotion, you can change it pretty easily to phpbb3 and they make the conversion for you. Also the faq is generated. To me it looks like you're lying to get people to go to your forum. Prove to me that I'm wrong by showing us the actual site and not just the forum.

See thats the problem i've made many forums in the past and worked and worked on them for like several months but had no traffic my best forums only got 4 people to join in about a year ... Idk how to get traffic :/ plus I don't have a credit card to pay some site to get me traffic :/ so I really don't know how to get traffic ...

Well with a game like RuneScape, you're honestly starting a forum too late to get a lot of traffic. One of the reasons Tip.It became so huge is because it was it was the first RuneScape help site. People needed help in-game and Tip.It was the only place to go to. But these days, there are hundreds of RuneScape help sites, forums, clans, and groups. People are already situated in their favourite community/fan site and won't be looking to migrate.

Furthermore, Tip.It is managed by a large team of people who have a lot of experience with coding and site/forum management. We also have constantly updating content to draw people in. You lack all of those things. In addition to using free software/hosting (which no offence, usually looks unprofessional), you're relying on other people to generate your content. Tip.It wouldn't be nearly as popular if we didn't have our main website, which consists of guides, calculators, and more. That's what draws people to Tip.It.

Something you have to think about... when huge fan sites already exist with stable member bases and large amounts of information (Tip.It, RuneHQ, Zybez, etc.), why would people choose your forum over those?

IMO, in order to have a successful site you have to:

• Be early in creating. If you want to start a successful fan site, you have to start it when the game is first created. Otherwise your new site will be competing against sites that have already been established and successful for years.
  • You need to have a lot of experience in what you're doing, be that website creation/coding/management, etc.
  • Have the funds to pay for the correct resources. This doesn't necessarily mean spending money to gain more traffic. Traffic will come to you if your website has awesome content and follows points 1 and 2. But what this means is paying for your own hosting/server, a dedicated domain name, and any other goodies. Those are just a few things that make a website look more professional.

I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm just trying to help you understand what really goes into making a successful and professional website :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog