Anti-aliasing vs bloom

Z_Berenice

I've noticed that when I go on full screen or resizable, for some reason anti-aliasing stops working while bloom is on. It only works when I put bloom off. This doesn't happen on fixed screen.

Wondering if I'm the only one with this issue, or if there's any official word about this. Using directx btw.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

This only happens to me when I use DirectX mode. On OpenGL, bloom and AA both work at the same time on any size.

Try changing display modes and you should be able to get both.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Use the graphics card control panel to enable forced anti-aliasing. After that, you may have to switch to full screen mode before the setting takes effect in RS.

Can't, it says this can only be controlled by the aplication. Anyways, I managed to use OpenGL and so far so good, except for that zooming bug that happens on fixed screen. Can use all settings on max and the game runs fine, I do noticed tho, that DirectX and OpenGL are better/worse at certain places: for example, fight kiln runs at steady 50 fps on OpenGL with all settings on, while on DirectX with all settings but auto-aliasing on (because of the AA vs Boom bug) it drops to 40-45 ish. Or on demonheim stairs, DirectX keeps 4-5 more dps than OpenGL when the place is crowed, altho, have in mind that DirectX is not running anti-aliasing because of this bug, so it makes sense it gets more fps. Basically, OpenGL is running the game way smoother for me.

Edit: here's an example about how it looks with OpenGL + All settings to max , this is the place I get my fps downed the most (this is on laptop's safe mode, I'm not willing to put it on entertaiment/high performance mode just to get 50 fps all the time, when after 24 the changes are completely unnoticeable).

JagexLauncher2012-02-2319-04-12-18.png

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif