''New'' to Runescape

I would like to say Hi first as its my first day on the forum. :D

Also, I've recently came back to Runescape, as it said 'you last logged in 1765 days ago':$

Which is a while, Im back for about a week now, and Im thinking about becoming a member soon.

I've got a busy month and after that ill have alot time to play, so Im going to wait this one month then become member.

(might be a little longer but thats not the point)

My question is.

What would be the best thing to do in Runescape during this month?

Like which level should i get higher, or should i just go for money?

I would like to know what would be the best to 'have' when first time becoming a member.

My levels are like, not too bad. about 1100 total level with only non member skills as i've never been member before.

86 combat, all my levels are 60+ except for prayer and dungeoneering as i had no idea what dungeoneering was O.o

Most levels are 70+ actually.

I could get a screenshot but Im not home..not really allowed to be on here either :(

Also all my friends have quit! :( so im like without any help..gotta love forums else i still wouldnt know how to talk in a chat beside normal =D

Im sorry if there allready is a forum mentioning this but i could not find it after a few days of looking around so yeah..:D

Hopefully someone wants to help me a little!

Thanks.

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Welcome to the forums!

If you're becoming member's for the first time I would suggest you check out this guide for new P2P members. Gives you a bit of an overview of what to expect in P2P. :^_^:

I can't remember what I did when I first become a member, but the member's world seemed to be huge compared to F2P. I didn't know where to start. I think you should slowly start working on the members skills, do quests, activities, and just start getting the general hang of things.

Here's a link to some quest XP rewards that you might want to take a look at. Some quests will let you access new areas, weapons and more! :)

Farming herbs, slaying, fishing, fletching, and much more can start getting you some cash in at the beginning. I did quite a lot of fishing at the fishing guild for lobsters and sharks.

I'd suggest you start training slayer and collecting all the charms you get along the way. Then when you get higher combat you can start boss hunting (TDs, Bandos, etc) for cash.

Just wrote this up quickly. Feel free to ask anything else. I'll try to help to the best of my knowledge, until the smarter forum users get on .. ;)

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Thanks!

but what do you think that would be the best thing to do for the time im not a member yet?

like what would be the most useful to have when first time being a member?

and one more question, whats with the highscores?

did the highscore become member only?

or why is it that my account does not show on the rankings?

or is that me being dumb?:x

Yeah, hiscores were made member's only. :(

I can't really decide what would be the most useful to have, but money sounds like a good idea and having your F2P skills higher I suppose. There's not much you can do in F2P for cash so once you get member's that will change. Take a look at the different minigames, quests, etc on the Tip.it website to get yourself familiar with what to expect. :)

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Okay! thank you so much :D

Another question, do you think its worth becoming member if you can play only 2 hours a day?

I really cant wait anymore:(

but i think its pretty much a waste if i can play just 2 hours, might be even less.

I guess that would depend if you have a lot of money to spare on membership. :P

Two hours a day is still a fair amount of time to get some stuff done, but more would be nicer. Might just do some F2P stuff like .. woodcutting yews! for cash until you get more free time and then get members.

Up to you. :D I play too much to give you any advice. Haha.

4K469.png

I guess im gonna go for member thn :P

and ehm..i have another account, which has been a member before, there still is member stuff on it.

does this mean i have to make both of my accounts member if i want to grab the stuff off of it?

Both the accounts would have to be members, yes, although multiple logging is against the rules. ;)

Not too sure what the rules are on drop-trading or giving it to a friend and then they give it to your other file .. There's been some controversy about that, and I think a Jagex Mod said it was allowed because you originally earned all the items yourself anyway, but I don't know ... :???:

4K469.png

oh so that means i cant get my stuff?:o dont say it ill cry :(

if i would just have a friend that would do that :P

Welcome (back) to RuneScape-if you want you can always talk to me. I'll add you :).

Both the accounts would have to be members, yes, although multiple logging is against the rules. ;)

Not too sure what the rules are on drop-trading or giving it to a friend and then they give it to your other file .. There's been some controversy about that, and I think a Jagex Mod said it was allowed because you originally earned all the items yourself anyway, but I don't know ... :???:

If you dig through the rules you will see giving it to a friend and having that friend give it to another profile. I believe drop trading also violates them. One phrase I remember is that your accounts may not interact in any way. Anyway, I would advise against it.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I was 'new' to Runescape and in your position about seven months ago. Becoming a member for the first time can definitely be overwhelming. Take your time, look around, let yourself be drawn to do what you feel like doing. There's no rush. Maybe start with a few easy quests, and the tasks in Lumbridge and other cities. You'll quickly figure out in what you are most interested.

By the way, two hours per day of playing time is actually pretty much. Think of it this way - if you play 40 hours per month (two hours each day, five days a week), that's less than a quarter per hour for entertainment. Hard to find a cheaper entertainment alternative.

I know its actually pretty much but honestly i thought i wouldnt be playing at all as i wake up at 6 am to get to work thn i get home at 8 pm, makes me extremely tired!

just became a member yesterday though =D its funn!

I simply wanna play all day n night now =P

Thanks Guys!