Bruno's blog - road to 120 ranged.

nice trim

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

My setup

SQZIzZw.png

System specs?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Crucible rework suggestion:

[hide]

The one and only reason why the Crucible was ever used is because it was a place to fight without PJers, which is not needed anymore now that you can do that in the Wilderness.

Even before EOC, it died and that's why I think it's a great idea to do a complete rework.

PvP is also quite dead because most people haven't bothered to learn eoc combat, let alone pvp, and I feel that the ability to practice safe pking might bring some people to try Wilderness PKing as well.

Furthermore, this will also provide an item sink which is desparately needed right now.

New mechanics:

*The crucible minigame is now entirely safe, you do not lose items anymore, except for Throphy bones and Chimes in certain phases.

*Entry/risk fees are removed.

*In addition to Throphy bones, a new currency named Chimes (more about this later) is introduced. You may not bring these into the arena except for one Throphy bone in Phase 2.

*Between phases, everyone will be teleported to the bank.

*A hidden highscore called Notoriety is introduced. Your rank increases when you gain Throphy bones in Phase 1 and 2. It is reset when you become Champion.

*There are now three phases. You can skip and join phases whenever you want, and you may join phases 1 and 2 at any time while they are in progress. Phase 3 is an endurance challenge and thus everyone must start phase 3 at the same time.

Phase 1:

Everyone can enter the arena, and is paired with an opponent of a similar level and gear. If you win, you gain a throphy bone. You can bank, or stay in which case you will gain increasing Throphy bones for every opponent you kill without leaving.

When you die, all throphy bones you carry are dropped to your opponent.

If you leave your fight (without killing someone in the same stay), you will not gain a throphy bone for your next kill.

This phase will last 35 minutes.

Phase 2:

To enter the second phase, you must bring with you one throphy bone. As soon as you enter, you may not leave for 5 minutes. After that, you may leave without any penalty. NPCs appear that drop Chimes when killed. They also have a chance of dropping the crucible gloves.

You are no longer being paired. Rather, around half the players is assigned a target (their targets do not necessarily have you as their target, though it may of course be possible). Your target won't know that they are being hunted until it's too late blk.gif

You may not fight anyone except your target and the person whose target you are.

If you kill your target or your hunter you gain 10 throphy bones and all their Chimes.

This phase will last 20 minutes.

Phase 3:

The only way to leave this phase is by dying or surviving for 5 minutes.

The person with the highest Notoriety is declared Champion and is given the three champion weapons, Decimation for ranged, Annihilation for melee, and Obliteration for Magic. The champion is immortal, and is the only one who can attack other players. The champion gains a Throphy bone every kill and the Throphy bones/Chimes carried by their victim. These will be automatically picked up, so the Champion can fully focus on killing!

Throughout this phase Thropy bones and Chimes will randomly spawn throughout the arena to be picked up by the sheep blk.gif.

If you survive this phase, you will recieve 5 Throphy bones.

This phase will last 5 minutes.

Chimes:

Marv is always looking for armour and weapons and he will trade you Chimes for them.

Most armour and weapons that are only recieved from monster drops such as Dragon, GWD, slayer specific drops will be given a 'goal price'.

The amount of Chimes Marv will give you for an item depends on its GE and goal price. If the Ge price is under its goal price, you will recieve more Chimes than it is worth in coins and viceversa.

The formula would look like this, where 1000 is the goal price, and P the GE price:

http://i.imgur.***/6mzX8G5.png

Rewards:

All current rewards are kept as they are.

You can buy rewards with combinations of Throphy bones and Chimes, such as:

Cosmetic versions of Decimation, Annihilation and Obliteration (tradable, or overrides);

Cosmetic crucible themed clothing (tradable, or overrides);

Brawling gloves (untradable);

Crucible ring. Acts as a permanent ring of recoil. It has unlimited teleports to the Crucible. Tradable. You may also imbue this ring at Mobilising armies for 2.5% critical in all styles.

Crater fragment. While carrying this object, all npc's are aggressive towards you. You can turn it on and off

(think of that as moving it in/out of a pouch/bag). Untradable.

Unlockables:

Learn how to combine all super potions into one potion (end product is tradable). Similar to overload but doesn't keep stats boosted;

New abilities.

[/hide]

@ hlf users

buying support at [qfc]260-261-196-64786959[/qfc]