cool android apps

spooferfish

I think Tasker is my number 1 android app.

It allows you to create tasks that consist of conditions (even has integration with some other apps)

And along side conditions you can entry functions and exit functions.

Example:

Conditions:

Time is between 10pm and 7am

Clock is open.

Entry Tasks:

Set ring mode to silent

Exit tasks:

Set ring mode to loud.

Means any time between 10pm and 7am that I have the clock app open my phone puts itself to silent and puts itself back to loud when I exit the app or it passes 7am.

I have a similar one based on calendars where the condition is if a timed event exists a specific calendar (so not all day events) it sets the phone to vibrate; handy for university as it means my phone quiets itself down.

Has infinite applications really I also have it set to turn GPS on when I open fb app, twitter app, map app or navigation app for geo-tagging and finding where I am.

Conditions can even be set to and or mode. Like my night time silence is time AND app open where as geotagging is fb open OR twitter open OR....etc.

Even has some in-depth functions like automated texting and stuff.

An example being conditions read a birthday calendar and time so that at 11am on the day a birthday event occurs it will find that name in contacts then send a text message saying "Happy Birthday $Name$" kinda thing.

Or with my uni calendar one for example I could add functions so that it responded to incoming calls and texts with an 'away from phone' message via text

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think Tasker is my number 1 android app.It allows you to create tasks that consist of conditions (even has integration with some other apps)And along side conditions you can entry functions and exit functions.Example:Conditions:Time is between 10pm and 7amClock is open.Entry Tasks:Set ring mode to silentExit tasks:Set ring mode to loud.Means any time between 10pm and 7am that I have the clock app open my phone puts itself to silent and puts itself back to loud when I exit the app or it passes 7am.I have a similar one based on calendars where the condition is if a timed event exists a specific calendar (so not all day events) it sets the phone to vibrate; handy for university as it means my phone quiets itself down.Has infinite applications really I also have it set to turn GPS on when I open fb app, twitter app, map app or navigation app for geo-tagging and finding where I am.Conditions can even be set to and or mode. Like my night time silence is time AND app open where as geotagging is fb open OR twitter open OR....etc.Even has some in-depth functions like automated texting and stuff.An example being conditions read a birthday calendar and time so that at 11am on the day a birthday event occurs it will find that name in contacts then send a text message saying "Happy Birthday $Name$" kinda thing.Or with my uni calendar one for example I could add functions so that it responded to incoming calls and texts with an 'away from phone' message via text

That sounds pretty cool. I'll check that out.

Angry birds and tap tap glide

I am so sick of Angry Birds. What is tap tap glide? I asked for descriptions...

35b9enp.jpg

Games

Osmos HD - Phenomenal game where you have to absorb other spheres of masses and become bigger, a lot of replay value and challenging

BattleHeart- Nice, semi-rpg, fighting game where you control a few characters to fight against waves of enemies, requires fast fingers and ability to multitask

N64oid - Nintendo 64 emulator for the android, need I say more?

SNesoid- Super nintendo emulator, super mario and zelda anyone?

Dungeon defenders - Great game if you can get it to work, Tower defense, rpg, realtime combat, multiplayer. Quite a few people have trouble because this game requires a high-end device to run properly

GTA III- Grand Theft auto ported onto android, fully functional and the same gameplay as on PS2

Game Dev Story - Interesting game where you build a company that makes games, depending on the genre and type you generate money from sales and gain fans and can develop more games/upgrades

Those are pretty much all the games that were actually fun to play, I was never a fan of angry birds either. I'd list apps but most of them require root access so im not sure if it's worth getting into.

randomkcopyq.png

Yay! Another droid user! A few of my favorites.

Advance task killer:

Pretty much this app kills other apps that are running, but are not in use. It increases the battery of my phone from 4 hours to 9 hours easily. You can select it to kill ever 2 hours, hour, half hour ect. I personally like the half hour option. You can also select the 'kill level' of the app. Like if you have the kill level on crazy, it kills all the apps the phone is running, minus the basic ones to keep the phone running. I use this option as well.

Another app to get is called "Lookout":

This app is like a virus protector for you phone, while virus are rare for phones they can happen if you download the wrong file from a website. While that is a cool function, I use it to help me find my phone. You can link the phone number if their site, and use it to find your phone if you lose it. It can use GPS tracking to find it, or if its nearby, but do not remember where it is at, you an make the device 'scream' This will make the phone make siren sound and vibrate. This is with the free version. The full version also includes the ability to lock your phone if someone has stolen it, or if worse comes to worse, 'nuke' the phone, which will delete everything on the phone so you do not lose personal information.

Here is the site in question:

Look out mobile security.

Dropbox is another app I reciently got. Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring all you photos, documents, and videos everywhere. After you install dropbox on your computer, any file you save to your dropbox will automatically save to all your computers, your Andriod device, and even the dropbox website.

Dropbox website

That's a few I have. You asked for apps, so I won;t go on with the games I have downloaded on my phone, but these should be useful, at least I hope :unsure:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Airdroid: Controll your phone from your PC.

LLama: Changes settings such as call volume, wifi, gps, etc based on which radio tower you're connected to.

Swype: Different keyboard, lets me type much faster.

AdFree: Adblocker, but only if you're rooted.

Alarm clock Xtreme: Makes you solve simple maths problems before you can turn of your alarm, great if you suck at waking up like me.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

GamesOsmos HD - Phenomenal game where you have to absorb other spheres of masses and become bigger, a lot of replay value and challengingBattleHeart- Nice, semi-rpg, fighting game where you control a few characters to fight against waves of enemies, requires fast fingers and ability to multitaskN64oid - Nintendo 64 emulator for the android, need I say more?SNesoid- Super nintendo emulator, super mario and zelda anyone?Dungeon defenders - Great game if you can get it to work, Tower defense, rpg, realtime combat, multiplayer. Quite a few people have trouble because this game requires a high-end device to run properlyGTA III- Grand Theft auto ported onto android, fully functional and the same gameplay as on PS2Game Dev Story - Interesting game where you build a company that makes games, depending on the genre and type you generate money from sales and gain fans and can develop more games/upgradesThose are pretty much all the games that were actually fun to play, I was never a fan of angry birds either. I'd list apps but most of them require root access so im not sure if it's worth getting into.

Aww, osmos is not free :(

Yay! Another droid user! A few of my favorites.Advance task killer:Pretty much this app kills other apps that are running, but are not in use. It increases the battery of my phone from 4 hours to 9 hours easily. You can select it to kill ever 2 hours, hour, half hour ect. I personally like the half hour option. You can also select the 'kill level' of the app. Like if you have the kill level on crazy, it kills all the apps the phone is running, minus the basic ones to keep the phone running. I use this option as well.Another app to get is called "Lookout":This app is like a virus protector for you phone, while virus are rare for phones they can happen if you download the wrong file from a website. While that is a cool function, I use it to help me find my phone. You can link the phone number if their site, and use it to find your phone if you lose it. It can use GPS tracking to find it, or if its nearby, but do not remember where it is at, you an make the device 'scream' This will make the phone make siren sound and vibrate. This is with the free version. The full version also includes the ability to lock your phone if someone has stolen it, or if worse comes to worse, 'nuke' the phone, which will delete everything on the phone so you do not lose personal information.Here is the site in question:Look out mobile security.Dropbox is another app I reciently got. Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring all you photos, documents, and videos everywhere. After you install dropbox on your computer, any file you save to your dropbox will automatically save to all your computers, your Andriod device, and even the dropbox website.Dropbox websiteThat's a few I have. You asked for apps, so I won;t go on with the games I have downloaded on my phone, but these should be useful, at least I hope :unsure:

*droid high five!* I have the task killer. :D Also games are just fine, I need some more of those too.

Airdroid: Controll your phone from your PC.LLama: Changes settings such as call volume, wifi, gps, etc based on which radio tower you're connected to.Swype: Different keyboard, lets me type much faster.AdFree: Adblocker, but only if you're rooted.Alarm clock Xtreme: Makes you solve simple maths problems before you can turn of your alarm, great if you suck at waking up like me.

Control my phone form my pc...why would I do that? Whats the point? :S

I might have to get that alarm, haha. If I don't have to get going to work, i simply do not get up.

35b9enp.jpg

Control my phone form my pc...why would I do that? Whats the point? :S

If you're at your PC and recieve an SMS you can reply to it from your computer for example. I prefer typing with a keyboard to a touchscreen. And you can copy files to your PC, great if you've forgotten/lost the data cable. They're just a few examples, I only downloaded it the other day so I haven't used it fully.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Swype: Different keyboard, lets me type much faster.

Ohmygod this. Swype is amazing.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• 2 weeks later...

I use SwiftKey X keyboard myself. It guesses words based on the first few letters. Certainly not the only keyboard like that, but this one seems to be the most accurate. After using it for a while, it often guesses words correctly without typing a single letter. It's not free, but definitely worth it if you write a lot on your Android device.

MangaWhat is another one of my favorites. Its a manga reader (surprise, surprise) and best of all, it's free. Fanfiction reader is a similar app for fanfics. Both have an offline mode.