Prototype

The_Mather1

I do have to say that it lacks any firm direction...

I mean I could basically play the entire game by constructing a highly detailed plan for colonising Mars...Or, if we remember the Zombie Survival Guide/Thread, ripping off a guide to colonising Mars with a firm scoop of self-aggrandisement and perhaps some local flavouring.

The entire planet has a rich Iron Oxide and Silicate base, with slight variations in the common metal content.

So unless Mather is trolling the probes 'But you didn't say they didn't sample their own casing', its basically 'Land absolutely anywhere'.

The 'Science' basically involved Retech and, I assume (I was called away) Lei, doing puzzles and needlessly upgrading their weapons tech.

Seriously...The plan developed in my absence revolves around using our level 15 weapon tech, and Retech's soon to be developed Clone Army, to invade North Korea, end the threat of colonising Mars, and then, presumably, invade China, establish an American Style Dictatorship under Retech...Then open it up for other people to take control of countries and starting playing Hegemony.

So, in my role as Engineer...I suggest we build a Self-Deploying, Von Neumann Fabricator, complete with mining apperatus on the surface of the planet. Obviously it does more than just replicate itself, so once the area surrounding the Fabricator is filled with other Fabricators, it begins producing clones and their weapons.

We then develop a large Mass Accelerator, put the clones in Orbital Drop Pods, activate the Mass Accelerator at not Lethal Acceleration, towards Earth, adjusted so that the projectile enter a stable orbit following the 39th Parallel, then using the Clone Drop Pods as out projectiles, we launch them as regularly as we can.

If there is strong AA or AS presence (And targetting has improved by an order of magnitudes) in the area, we build Orbital Kinetic Projectiles and simply rain death on North Korea and China.

We can further modify the plan so that instead of OKPs or DPs it fires single shot, overcharged laser/EMP modules to destroy anything they place in orbit, or inbetween Mars and Earth to prevent us from destroying their AA/S guns, which prevents us from landing our troops.

That way we can basically automate the entire process. Then, once we have decimated NK and China we can take over those two areas and begin harvesting the vast amount of Martian resources we have deployed and selling it very cheaply to the rest of the world.

Then we can retire on a tropical island, meet up with the CIU and play a roleplaying game that retells our automated victory over China.

At present I am ignoring the glaring scientific inaccuracies, the lack of the basic information concerned the ship, the lack of a map, the railroading and what not...mostly because I don't often get to actually play a game.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no railroading going on, you're free to do whatever you want as long as it does not involve defying physics, attacking fellow crewmembers or destroying the ship.

Also add to the list:

Choose one of:

Acessing medical equipment, engineering equipment, military equipment or scientific equipment.

Accessing CIU, a faulty AI.

Defying Mather's version of physics.

Being able to actually do anything (extended bouts of being 'knocked out') if Mather is getting bored of not having a subserviant person to rule over.

Making any significant changes that affect the story.

qTLQRuS.png

Choose one of:

Acessing medical equipment, engineering equipment, military equipment or scientific equipment.

Well...the class system is otherwise useless...Only the Scientist gets free reign of the ship by going 'Hey, CIU, I am a scientist, so therefore I can access the armoury.'

Accessing CIU, a faulty AI.

Understandable...

Defying Mather's version of physics.

Innevitable with roleplaying

Being able to actually do anything (extended bouts of being 'knocked out') if Mather is getting bored of not having a subserviant person to rule over.

I think that was more Mask trying to disable you before you killed him.

Making any significant changes that affect the story.

What? How can you make changes to a movie? Trolololol.

Obvious solution to all these problems; replace CIU with SI.

... Or at this point, perhaps even SUE.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Obvious solution to all these problems; replace CIU with SI.

... Or at this point, perhaps even SUE.

At this point a brain-damaged monkey could do a better job than CIU!

:P

CIU isn't actually an AI, its more a windows 98 computer with voice control. The best bet would be to remove CIU but CIU uses pain magic on anybody who will attempt to do so.

CIU has the power to literally use magic to torture people at its disgression yet it does not have the power to write documents!

qTLQRuS.png

I could derail this thread by posting the disgustingly cutesy anime rap I can't seem to stop listening to, but my will is strong. I may have diabetes now though.

Back to my point... Mather, you need to work on being less direct. Clever guidelines are great, even rails are okay sometimes, but it seems as if you're not doing anything but boxing the players in. In addition... The entire reason why SI was such a powerful tool, and a generally appreciated one, is because it wasn't omnipotent, omniscient, or immortal. It was a figure in the universe, a guiding force linked to the GM but in a reasonable way and from a reasonable position it oversaw and managed the Unity. There was a respect between the players and their ship's AI, that might not have come around if we had been simply disallowed access to it or if it had absolute control.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Nex, there's a reason Nef was the only one who had a problem with the CIU, he took counter-productive behavior to a new level. In fact the only way he interacted with anything was a direct result of him trying to break something/someone on-board the ship.

The CIU was actually helpful to everyone else.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Really...the main problem so far is that people are not really giving Mather a fair trial...and there are not enough people.

I was thinking about my responce to what has been written comparing the SI to the CIU and I would have said this "The SI would have only acted under two circumstances...The direct request of a person or at the end of a very long series of arguments that went nowhere."

But it isn't really fair to compare the SI of session 20 with the CIU of session 1. I can even see similarities between the way I ran the SI in the first session (the session barely anyone turned up to) and the CIU...Including the 'Ok...Democracy isn't working...time to elect a captain'.

I would ask that Nex, Ico...not Nef/Hex since they have so far ruined games....And anyone else please give Mather a chance to learn from his mistakes and become a better GM over time...rather than expect him to be me.

As a note, though...Being helpful elicites a counterproductive force if you are a GM because people go 'Hmmm, railroading'. As such try to limit your input to responces, or delivering story.

... Fine. Archi's right. Sorry about that Mather, I was being rather unfair. I'll give it a shot.. Can I stay as the medic character I made earlier?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Thanks Earth, it was partly my fault you dropped out so I will try not to argue with Mather too much =P

Nef...Are you sure your not Hex...pretty sure he said the same thing about Ross...

Just.. The argument contained a lot of scientifically advanced stuff that I couldn't piece together, and considering you like that stuff a lot Archi, I was assuming there would be much much more of that. Just a little disconcerting, Y'know? ... thanks Mather.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Well, this is the trouble with massively hard science.

However we are adopting a less hard science approach, so there shouldn't be so much need for arguments of a scientific nature :grin:

Cool. That means there are less scenarios of "Archi and Mather are locked in a room with a science textbook. Who dies first from papercuts as they feverishly try to prove each other wrong with it?"

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Don't start..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

What time will this start at anyways?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Tommorow, somewhere between 5 and 8 or 4 and 7 or 6 and 9...GMT

So if you just schedual 16:00 to 02:00 as free then you have a good chance of making the session :rolleyes:

That said, I would imagine that arriving around 7pm GMT wouldn't see you far wrong.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time/scripts/clock-8/runner.php?tz=europe_london