questions about the myserious state my hacked account was left in

buckwhootsy

I logged in to find myself in the wilderness with a random assortment of items along with a broken virtus mask. My conclusion is I was suicided into another account to transfer the items. I'm not sure why they weren't just traded - maybe someone can shed some light on that. Of course, then i would have expected to have found myself at a re-spawn point, not in the wildy with some of the items i had already died with (i.e the virtus mask that got broken when i died and it ended up on the ground, but then back in my invo for god knows what reasons. i did have one in my bank to begin with).

Can anyone piece this together. All items of significant value were taken from my bank (besides the virtus mask that i ended up with lolz).

Thanks! i'm looking for insight!

It doesn't have to be transferring that they were doing. They might have just wanted to try pking on your account(?) and had died, then ran back to the wilderness to try to pick the stuff back up and only got a broken virtus mask?

The hacker could've just been having fun; having successfully hacked an account or being someone who doesn't put much value on Runescape GP seeing as he is a hacker. He could've been griefing for all you know.

The only reason someone would suicide in the wilderness to transfer money is if the account had the new limitations on it, which your account doesn't(?).

Interesting? Maybe

Useful? Not really.

thanks for the reply!

interestingly, i lost things like - 27k arma runes, 50k bakrimel bolts, 5 mil earth runes, the list goes on. nearly everything of value. it was about 800m total this time. They couldn't have been just pking. nice hypothesis though.

and no - my account doesn't have the new limitations. Perhaps THEIRS did though? what are the new limitations? that might be the explanation!

^ ah okay.

I would call it inefficient. of course that's not what i would assume (i would assume there was a logically reason). but i guess maybe there wasn't. maybe someone else will have an idea though as to why such a lugubrious method was undertaken for transferring my things.

If you had the mask, and it was partially degraded, they may have decided to fully degrade it, without realising it wasn't tradable, so they were forced to leave it? :unsure:

If you got their IP (Don't post it hre) An admin might be able to check it against the forum database, allowing you to find out whodunit. :)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I did have the mask, as well as other partially degraded nex items. i think they killed me with it so it dropped on the ground degraded. and then I picked it up (to degrade it any other way would have taken hours - it was hardly degraded).

well I didn't catch the IP then, so I don't think I can get it now.

I have my sources for this, so don't question, large trades are usually monitored by Jagex in cases of hacked accounts or RWT, this is why hackers usually use methods suck as the Duel Arena or the Wilderness to transfer items.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Maybe you logged in/recovered the account half way through the transfer. ;).

They also may have killed you in the wilderness for the screeny of the newest highest value PK message that appears.

09144a99bb.png