Temple trekking method

Xems

I'm currently working on the 2 hard villagers. For those two, I've just been rushing through events. For Smiddi I do all EASY paths until 92, at which she can foresee paths. And with Roylane, I foresee paths and pick the quickest.

Do I the followers get additional xp from completing the harder path? (For example: If the hard patter is just slightly slower to do than an easy path, should I do the harder path if it effects the followers xp?)

2496.png

104273167.png

Your last theory seems like it would be correct; many people, myself included, noticed quicker leveling with harder events.

That said, you should always do puzzle events on hard since their speed does not change with difficulty.

Your current method of rushing easy paths until you unlock the path hinting is probably the best method.

Overall a good method personally I opted for avoiding:

Snakes - heavy damager and pita to get off the follower

Snails - heavy damager and high defence so takes an age

Bog - Takes sodding ages

Morton - Takes a fair while

Boat - Cutscene means it takes far too long.

Also Smiddi I went for medium at lvl 60, easy wbecomes far to slow.

But yeah other than that with path prediction go for the hard path first, if that is a naff event go for med, then if that is also naff I'll check easy then decide. Eg I'd rather do med snails than an easy bog.

Just finished doing smiddi and rolayne tonight.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Bog - Takes sodding ages

It on average takes slgithly less time than the grotto event actually and overall still is quite a bit faster than combat events, save graveyard and nail beasts.

I never timed it but it felt longer than grotto to me, perhaps something to do with productive action.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Bog - Takes sodding ages

It on average takes slgithly less time than the grotto event actually and overall still is quite a bit faster than combat events, save graveyard and nail beasts.

I never timed it but it felt longer than grotto to me, perhaps something to do with productive action.

Well, the stick poking seems to feel fine for me.

Overall a good method personally I opted for avoiding:

Snakes - heavy damager and pita to get off the follower

Snails - heavy damager and high defence so takes an age

Bog - Takes sodding ages

Morton - Takes a fair while

Boat - Cutscene means it takes far too long.

Also Smiddi I went for medium at lvl 60, easy wbecomes far to slow.

But yeah other than that with path prediction go for the hard path first, if that is a naff event go for med, then if that is also naff I'll check easy then decide. Eg I'd rather do med snails than an easy bog.

Just finished doing smiddi and rolayne tonight.

I've never noticed low accuracy at snails, what weapon do you use? maybe they're just weak to stab.

You can protect most allies by running back into the entrance. Things like snakes are too fat to fit in and actually hit your ally.

Works well on snails too. You just lose some DPS time.

If you kill stuff fast enough, this really isn't an issue though.

Bog shouldn't take too long. You can check the next bog tile before your animation is over. Doing so will double your completion speed.

Also the bog moves in predictable patterns.

Move vertically 2 tiles. Check left and right tiles.

If left, keep checking left until you run out of firm ground.

If right, keep moving right until you run out of firm ground.

then move vertically 2 more tiles.

Then check left and right again.

do the keep going until firm ground thing again.

Then move 2 tiles vertically to finish.

It's a bit luck based, but it's faster than say, shades, or swamp boat, or put out the fire.

boat and mort'ton only occur when you are close to their locations on the map.

Back in the original temple trekking, you could see a tiny little minimap of where your character is in morytania.

Shades are the tile directly north of the burgh.

Swamp boat even occurs at the tile directly north of shades.

So you can reasonably anticipate when they occur based on how many events you've done and which side of morytania you started from.

I recommend you not do a hard path straight out of burgh, because that's when the odds of getting shades OR boat are the highest.

or you could just use perception. That works too.

Naaxi.png