Wouldn't you want your own boat? You know you do

abyssalreaper

I had an idea for a great addition to the game. Boats! We could use them to travel to islands without having to pay and use carpentry when it comes out to make them. You would have to go through a quest to gain a boat however.

Quest Name: The Boat Makers List

Description: In port sarim theres an old boat maker who just may make you your own boat, that is if you do him a few favors.

Reward: Wooden Boat and 1k carpentry exp.

Boat Type Speed Safety Cost

Wooden boat slow very dangerous 100gp

Oak boat slow dangerous 500gp

Bronze boat medium/slow dangerous 1k

Iron boat medium dangerous 5k

Steel boat medium safe 10k

Black boat fast/medium safe 30k

Mithrael boat fast safe 100k

Adamant boat very fast safe 200k

Runite boat extremely fast very safe 500k

Dragon warship extremely fast extremely safe 20mil

Also there will be a minigame introduced with boats where you can battle other players in the sea. Oh and the dragon warship won't be makeable you can only get it from a quest. So what do you think of my idea?

Proud Acolyte of the Ooc

Cmon Steve you can do it!

userbaracolyteau6.png

userredkbglz3.png

you stole my idea read my post, "Maritime Skill"

anyways, your idea blows!!!

Sorry I didn't see your thread and I had this idea for a while so I didn't steal it from you but again sorry you posted it first. 2. You don't need to bash my idea I like constructive critiscm but not pointless spam critiscm if you want to critise me please point out what you don't like about it and some suggestions for it.

I am very sorry, I did not mean to flame

great minds think alike

1. Sorry I didn't see your thread and I had this idea for a while so I didn't steal it from you but again sorry you posted it first. 2. You don't need to bash my idea I like constructive critiscm but not pointless spam critiscm if you want to critise me please point out what you don't like about it and some suggestions for it.

Proud Acolyte of the Ooc

Cmon Steve you can do it!

userbaracolyteau6.png

userredkbglz3.png

I don't think there would be enough water to hold all these boats seeing as how some are cheap enough for more than half a world to get. So would this include an increase the amount of water in the game? Possibly a bit more beautifying too.

And also I don't think they had metal made ships back in the day... so possibly change the boats materials to logs and get rid of the metal boats. For instance have willow, maple, yew, etc... boats instead of bronze, iron steel, etc.?

I don't think there would be enough water to hold all these boats seeing as how some are cheap enough for more than half a world to get. So would this include an increase the amount of water in the game? Possibly a bit more beautifying too.

And also I don't think they had metal made ships back in the day... so possibly change the boats materials to logs and get rid of the metal boats. For instance have willow, maple, yew, etc... boats instead of bronze, iron steel, etc.?

The first EVER metal ships were made during the American Civil War. There shouldn't be different wood types, it should be just Scooner, pirvateer, galleon, etc.

You should be required to have different types of wood for different parts of the boat. A general part of the boat and then a number for it. Example: The mast 100 yew logs, the Flooring 500 Willow logs, Furnishings (tables, chairs, etc.) 300 oak, the body of the boat 1500 Regular logs.

Your suggestion is saying we actually purchase the boat. I think most would find it more rewarding if you built the boat.

Same thing I posted in the Maritime skill, I can then just jump to Entrana with all my weapons and monopolize the Greater demons there.

The first EVER metal ships were made during the American Civil War. There shouldn't be different wood types, it should be just Scooner, pirvateer, galleon, etc.

You should be required to have different types of wood for different parts of the boat. A general part of the boat and then a number for it. Example: The mast 100 yew logs, the Flooring 500 Willow logs, Furnishings (tables, chairs, etc.) 300 oak, the body of the boat 1500 Regular logs.

Your suggestion is saying we actually purchase the boat. I think most would find it more rewarding if you built the boat.

Same thing I posted in the Maritime skill, I can then just jump to Entrana with all my weapons and monopolize the Greater demons there.

I was very obsessed with the civil war back when I was 8 years old, The civil war was with iron clads, armoured ships and a version of a submarine

note that I am not trying to be rude in any way

Runscape isnt really set around any time period, yes i know it has alot of old stuff but hey this is runescape.

Plus they didnt have rubber chickens back in the day

and jagex has confirmed that, I believe

Exactly what would having a boat achieve?

There's nothing out there on the water, there are already transports to take you to all the places you need to go.

Why would anyone spend 20mil to play a minigame?

He is thinking about if they modified the interface for the game

Runscape isnt really set around any time period, yes i know it has alot of old stuff but hey this is runescape.

Plus they didnt have rubber chickens back in the day :lol:

whitedragonhidepm9.png

I just came back from a long break. Back on bob.

Exactly what would having a boat achieve?

There's nothing out there on the water, there are already transports to take you to all the places you need to go.

Why would anyone spend 20mil to play a minigame?

siganizq4.gif

I had an idea for a great addition to the game. Boats! We could use them to travel to islands without having to pay and use carpentry when it comes out to make them. You would have to go through a quest to gain a boat however.

Quest Name: The Boat Makers List

Description: In port sarim theres an old boat maker who just may make you your own boat, that is if you do him a few favors.

Reward: Wooden Boat and 1k carpentry exp.

Boat Type Speed Safety Cost

Wooden boat slow very dangerous 100gp

Oak boat slow dangerous 500gp

Bronze boat medium/slow dangerous 1k

Iron boat medium dangerous 5k

Steel boat medium safe 10k

Black boat fast/medium safe 30k

Mithrael boat fast safe 100k

Adamant boat very fast safe 200k

Runite boat extremely fast very safe 500k

Dragon warship extremely fast extremely safe 20mil

Also there will be a minigame introduced with boats where you can battle other players in the sea. Oh and the dragon warship won't be makeable you can only get it from a quest. So what do you think of my idea?

I love the dragon warship :D Wouldnt buy one for 20m tho :P

23 whip pks,3 dhorka,2 ahrims lvl 119 attack 99 strength 99 and defence 92 plus 94 mage

I didn't mean to stereotype runescape as being all old fashioned.. But i do believe it would go with the majority theme the game presents of 'medieval days'. I do love the non medieval items though like the ruber chicken :D