Messenger Problem

Auror

Hello there,

I'm not completely sure if my questions belongs to this subforum, but I'll give this a go:

A few months ago I changed my name on messenger to "X", to prank my mom (We have two computers). After the prank, I changed my name back to what it was, but the problem that has occured since, is that all other people still see the name X, but I don't. Or, maybe I didn't know how to change it back.

Which name I'm meaning:

The name, that is displayed during a chat.

When I send something to someone other, it says "Don Auror says:", but the other person sees "X says".

HELP PLEASE

God, without pictures I can't really tell... What OS do you have aswell, there are differences if you have other ones.

Microsoft Windows 7. On the other computer it is Windows 2005 I think.

On Windows 7 you should just need to change your profile thing and just make sure you click accept. If it doesn't work in the messenger then use the web login to change it. On the Windows XP one (should be Windows 2005) that might be the one with the problems, make sure to change it there.

It would probably expedite matters if you actually defined which messenger service/program you are referring too, seeing as most if not all of them do have 'messenger' in the name and included specific version information as well.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It would probably expedite matters if you actually defined which messenger service/program you are referring too, seeing as most if not all of them do have 'messenger' in the name and included specific version information as well.

Windows Live... Not sure if it is that what you meant.

Sorry 'bout time... If you don't have it resolved yet, go to the one running windows 2005 and try changing name there... After that make sure that it works. If it does good, they check your Windows 7 pc to make sure name is still same, if so then you should be fine.

Sorry, I'm next to useless here except what I can think of because I solve computer problems with clicking buttons and changing things till it works...