Google Chrome questions

Sy_Accursed

So I finally got annoyed with how firefox is kinda getting a bit slow and clunky and migrated to Chrome but I have a few issues/questions that I thought you lot might be able to help with:

1) My pinned tabs for things like facebook and twitter are not lighting up or anything for new notifications and I heard they are meant to, any known issues/fixes?

2) My pinned tab of fb and twitter (again) occasionally lose the top menu bar on the site (so friend reqs etc on fb and connect, home etc on twitter) known issues/fixes?

3) Is there any way (extension, mod w/e) to make the address bar (omnibar?) load a new tab by just pressing enter and edit link behaviours so left-click opens in new tab?

4) Any way to get the omnibar search system to be more helpful? I've found how to use keyword to manually add some but it seems rather limited, amazon wikipedia, youtbue and such work yet other sites with obvious search urls to use don't (eg rs wiki).

5) Any general recommendations for extensions etc that help usability and such?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

4) Any way to get the omnibar search system to be more helpful? I've found how to use keyword to manually add some but it seems rather limited, amazon wikipedia, youtbue and such work yet other sites with obvious search urls to use don't (eg rs wiki).

---

I know you can type in the url, hit tab, and it will do "Search <that site>" according to the keywords put in.

hzvjpwS.gif

Not sure about the other things but a few useful extensions I have:

Adblock - Brilliant obviously, no reason not to have it :P

Lazarus - Saves forms as you type then, great for accidentally browsing away from a post/etc

Speed dial - I've never really used the standard home setup on chrome, but this allows you to have as many things as you want pinned to your home tab in a way.

Additionally, chrome is awesome :D

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I moved away from Firefox as well on Windows except I went with Opera since I don't like Chrome. If you find you don't really like chrome, know that there are other choices out there too! :)

I moved away from Firefox as well on Windows except I went with Opera since I don't like Chrome. If you find you don't really like chrome, know that there are other choices out there too! :)

Well Opera is like insanely archaic. Safari is as behind the curve as ever. IE is a clunky, often security hole riddled nightmare and now firefox is getting a bit heavy with their too broad application. Chrome is about all that is left and that's fine with me since it has all the best bits of most browsers and most firefox add-on devs have ported/swapped to chrome now.

I'm getting an alright with Chrome, like the whole log-in sync settings etc. (thought wish add-on settings would sync over with the add-on) and wish Chrome to Phone actually worked on my phone. Also hope they hurry up with automated tab/session syncing. TabCloud is doing it fine manually and has auto coming soon though, so I can live with that and Chrome has manual in the current beta so looks promising.

Got a bunch of add-ons that proved awesome (for me):

Ad Block Plus - had it on firefox, better than Ad Block that is popular with Chrome (though ABP near overtook it) because it does youtbue ads etc. as well and tends to be quicker to update to hit new ad types.

Youtube Auto HD - So simple, yet so awesome.

Awesome Screen Shot Capture - great cause you can pick area and scribble on them

Chrome Currency Converter - In-line currency conversion makes viewing things overseas I might order easier.

Switch to Tab - Great little thing to add open tab searching functions like ff, just type SW [tab] and then omnibar searches open tabs.

Twitter - not well named but adds # [tab] to search twitter from omnibar

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well Opera is like insanely archaic.

Opera works a hell of a lot better than previous versions. Also better than Firefox now too.

I have "RSW" set as my keyword for the rs wiki, so it is possible. I remember it taking me a while to get it to work though. Just try every few days and hope it works tbh.

The only one I saw in your list that I know is that the middle mouse button will open a new tab automatically, just like it does in I think every other browser (at least FF and I think IE)