Dodgy Dung Modifier

roky95

Ok so hi.

I've been dunging on my diy account and every dungeon I get a negative bonus(?) for the level mod and I don't understand why

Pic here:

screenshot20120530at610.png

I reset the progress when I got to the highest floor I could do and havent't done these floors this time around. It happens every dugeon, -3 to -10% which is kinda irritating.

Plus as in the pic above I don't think 117%-3% is 113% = 114% no? This also happens every dungeon. (the bad maths)

If anyone can help I'll be so happy, thanks! :smile:

(and yes I'm not very good at dunging before anyone says anything.) :???:

Kaiya_Tomiko.png Roky_X.png

Level mod is a complex one but the basis of it is percentage of monsters you killed. Leaving a lot alive gets you negatives.

The bad math is due to jagex rounding. The display always rounds down which can result in such funky numbers.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You shouldn't kill stuff if it is not in a gd room and the occasional creature that makes a puzzle a pita (eg a mage that can dehood you in a puzzle room that has all high level hood avoidables) for lower levels.

But it may be worth it at the lower levels because it's not until prestige 30+ that the xp rates begin to pick up meaning before then even small minuses do kinda hit ya hard.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sy said it might help xp/hr, but we don't know.

Instead of maxing your xp/floor, try to increase floors/hr, and don't worry about xp/floor :) The faster you complete floors the faster you can start more floors, which should have a good impact on overall xp/hr.

Maths -

The equation for calculating XP/hr is something like

AverageExpPerHour = AverageExpPerFloor * AverageFloorsPerHour

If your average floor takes 20 minutes, that means AverageFloorsPerHour=3, give or take a small amount for inconsistency.

Let's assume that your average xp/floor is going to be 5000

That means you will get about 15k xp/hr

Assuming that you can increase that by taking twice as long to kill every monster. That means you now get 1.5 floors an hour, and you get an increase of say 15% dungeon xp which should result in floors being about 6000-7000 a piece. That means your xp/hr average will become 9k-10k. This is worse. That does assume clearing the entire floor takes twice as long. There are plenty of factors here.

However, lowering the time per floor and increasing the floors per hour is easier to do. The cost of the xp you lose per floor is negligible. If you can increase xp/floor by a pretty large amount then it might become worth it. The relationship depends on the change in average time to complete floors.

Edited by Platinum_Myr

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I did say maybe, not entirely sure how it'd pan out at the lower levels but I'd assume faster floors (as Hedgehog mentioned) would result in better xp:hr, even if only marginally better due to the low prestige but it could be about equal.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

If you were to see a low level monster in a room that is easily one hittable then it would be worth getting in one attack for the chance to kill it, if you do it right then you won't lose time. It would improve your clickspeed too.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

If you were to see a low level monster in a room that is easily one hittable then it would be worth getting in one attack for the chance to kill it, if you do it right then you won't lose time. It would improve your clickspeed too.

Just to clarify:

Don't run into dead ends or anything. If you see a low level monster along your path, try to 1 hit it losslessly.