Dungeoneering Questions

roky95

So I'm doing dungeoneering on my DIY'er and I have a few questions.

Some relevant data (I think!):

•  
  • I use a fractite 2h.
  • I have class 5 strength ring thingy.
  • I do fish if I see spots.
  • I only kill mobs in GD rooms unless they're under level 15 (1-2-3 hit them).
  • I've been doing meds in 15-20 mins. (Mostly because I get lost… WTH does this key go?!?!)
  • I'm pretty useless at DG.
  • Can't think of anything else really.

Stats:

AshiFalls.png

1. Levels.

Are their any levels in particular that help whilst doing dungeons?

2. Boss.

Sometimes I really struggle on some of the bosses, anything I can do to "be better"?

3. Magic.

Approaching level 50 dung so I can have 2 binds. I was thinking of getting a mage related bind as I'm level 70 RC so can make up to deaths. Is it worth it? If so then what should I bind?

– I can upgrade my ring to have level 4-5 in a mage class should I use mage.

(Also thought this might help with my boss problem)

4. Map.

Is there an app or something similar where I can build the map as I go along, adding which key goes where, where I put my gate stones etc. ? (I always get lost when doing meds -.- )

(Not sure if it's relevant but I use Mac's)

5. Crafting.

I was wondering if it was worth it to do some crafting at the end of each floor, it's "free" exp and I don't mind sacrificing a few minutes for 1-2k craft exp per floor, as crafting at my level is kinda hard DIY.

Ok think that's everything! Really hope someone can help, love DG'ing, it's just so complex :huh:

Thanks so much in advanced to all you pro DG'ers! <3:

Kaiya_Tomiko.png Roky_X.png

So I'm doing dungeoneering on my DIY'er and I have a few questions.

Some relevant data (I think!):

•  
  • I use a fractite 2h.
  • I have class 5 strength ring thingy.
  • I do fish if I see spots.
  • I only kill mobs in GD rooms unless they're under level 15 (1-2-3 hit them).
  • I've been doing meds in 15-20 mins. (Mostly because I get lost WTH does this key go?!?!)
  • I'm pretty useless at DG.
  • Can't think of anything else really.

Stats:

AshiFalls.png

1. Levels.

Are their any levels in particular that help whilst doing dungeons?

Combat obviously, for faster kills. Other than that, Summoning is good for a familiar. When soloing I generally found that food from the start table + monster drops was enough, so I never fished. If you get your slayer to 45 (I think) you can kill Night Spiders for SSH, which really help.

2. Boss.

Sometimes I really struggle on some of the bosses, anything I can do to "be better"?

It all comes down to strategy and practice. RSWiki and XPWaste both have decent guides to start with, but you'll find you do generally better the more you've encountered them. Often, it can be down to luck, so you can't guarantee perfect bosses.

3. Magic.

Approaching level 50 dung so I can have 2 binds. I was thinking of getting a mage related bind as I'm level 70 RC so can make up to deaths. Is it worth it? If so then what should I bind?

I can upgrade my ring to have level 4-5 in a mage class should I use mage.

(Also thought this might help with my boss problem)

If you can find and bind a Shadowsilk Hood (dropped by Night Spiders, once over 45 Slayer), that'll help reduce your deaths (and therefore increase exp rates). Otherwise, a plate will do. Staves for magic can be made quite quickly if needs be.

4. Map.

Is there an app or something similar where I can build the map as I go along, adding which key goes where, where I put my gate stones etc. ? (I always get lost when doing meds -.- )

(Not sure if it's relevant but I use Mac's)

The DGSweeper is the tool you're looking for, it was made by Stev/Wicked (a mod here) and is hosted here: http://www.xp-waste.com/the-dgsweeper-the-most-popular-dungeoneering-utility-t264.html

5. Crafting.

I was wondering if it was worth it to do some crafting at the end of each floor, it's "free" exp and I don't mind sacrificing a few minutes for 1-2k craft exp per floor, as crafting at my level is kinda hard DIY.

If you find it worth your time, then go ahead. I understand it's difficult when DIY, I guess you could combine it with gold mining/smithing, or just do flax for bowstings to fletch with?

Ok think that's everything! Really hope someone can help, love DG'ing, it's just so complex :huh:

Thanks so much in advanced to all you pro DG'ers! <3:

Well I don't die very often apart from bosses so I was wondering if csb(?) was worth it. Shame about dgsweeper :/

So there's no skills in particular apart from combat that are important?

Thanks guys!

Well I don't die very often apart from bosses so I was wondering if csb(?) was worth it. Shame about dgsweeper :/

Thanks guys!

You could always use Tip.It's map tool. It's a bit on the large side, but it gets the job done:

Dungeoneering Map Tool

A tad late but... DGSweeper has some very large updates headed its way. With such a large amount of interest in it (it'll hit 60,000 downloads in a few hours), it's been heavily optimised with some really huge plans for its future; things I never thought would happen when it was initially built for my pals in DGS. Some of these things involves other people aiding in certain areas of its development since my time to dedicate to it is limited. People who are capable of designing a DGSweeper for Macs have been asked and, from what I got out of the conversations, when their time isn't stretched so thin from school, they'd give it a go.

Hell, I just bought a 790 page book about Java, to refresh my memory, and another on programming for Macs. Who knows. :P.

09144a99bb.png

Thanks guys!

Since no one has pointed it out yet, you need 70 dungeoneering and 70 magic for a csb. You could use a magical blastbox though I believe

Assassin1357.png

Thanks Stev, that tool helps alot <3:

And Hedgehog, 70 magic is reasonably hard on a diy'er, as I have to mine alot of ess to make the runes