Changing password and email without access to registered email

HexiledRazz

My friend had a scare with his account today; someone from a different IP managed to get onto it. Thankfully, he always banks his items and has a pin. But of course it's leaving him uneasy, so he wants to change his password, recoveries, and Email.

Recoveries were no problem. They're random gibberish saved onto a text document for copy-and-pasting.

However, we've run into a bit of a problem with the password and Email. The Email that he uses to log into his account(Also the one that is registered to it) has locked him out even though he knows all the correct information to get into it(address/password). It's a school email for the local school district, but it's for some reason not letting him in. We're thinking that it's possibly because it's summer and his school might shut down their Email service when there aren't regular classes(That's our best guess).

He can still log into his RS account with his current password and such, but he's unable to change it or his registered email. We looked around but couldn't find a way to change the Email and password with recoveries and previous account information. There has to be a way to go about this doesn't there?

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I have had this exact problem on my alt.

I am still awaiting a response off Jagex to see what they suggest doing.

I did ask on forums and was told to try a recover, but it doesn't let you change your email on it, only the pass.

I suggest emailing like I did, then waiting 3 weeks for a incorrect answer (that's all I seem to get out of them when they do email me back)

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

I suggest going into one of the following threads and leaving a post for a J-Mod to get back to you.

Quick find code: 250-251-161-63484431

Quick find code: 250-251-139-63571758

Good luck!

You can cancel the email. Just go to the account settings page, then cancel the email from email tab. I think it takes a week?

This worked for me- managed to change it.

Thank you (hope it works for your friend too HexiledRazz)

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

You can cancel the email. Just go to the account settings page, then cancel the email from email tab. I think it takes a week?

We're checking that now; but there's no "cancel" option under the Email tab. There's only the option to change it by sending a code to your current Email address. Will we really have to contact a Jmod? =S

EDIT: We solved the issue. Turns out you can't add the "@awebsite.blahblah" at the end of the address when you log into his email. So we were able to recover the Email address, and change the details on his account.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.