Runhosting.com - Very odd problem.

Zibl

Once again I bring my rare problem(s) to the brilliant minds of Tip.it. I highly doubt this one will be an easy fix, considering the fact I'm giving as few details as possible ( :unsure: ) but I have no doubt in you! I'll be as descriptive and detailed as possible.

-----

I'm in the very early stages of starting a new (personal) website; based solely on fun and managing my boredom. Do I want to purchase a domain and pay per year to keep a website up that might get 30 visits a month (if I'm lucky)? Absolutely not. So I found what seems to be a fairly simply, "no forced ads" based hosting site that would meet my very low needs. The hosting website is http://www.runhosting.com & it's nothing to brag about but it absolutely does BEYOND the job I need. At one point I used 110mb.com, but it's been swarmed with stupidity to the point you have to complete surveys and/or downloads to even get their free service (although I can't blame them). But here's what bring me to Tip.it.... I've hit some random problems:

10i9li1.png

The above picture is obviously my File Manager. I've uploaded my currently finished pages, CSS file, as well as all the current "img" files I need. Everything works flawlessly when you visit the web address except for 2 of the links:

2lvdyrd.png

The arrows point to the links that DO NOT WORK. Why don't they work? I'm baffled. Every piece of coding matches up perfectly, and all other links work flawlessly. But when I click the 2 arrowed links (and even type them in manually) I get this screen:

34pmlu8.png

It just doesn't make sense to me. I've checked, double checked, and triple checked all the links: they match up 100%. On top of that, those are the only 2 things that aren't working... everything else shows up and works like they're supposed to. Is this a hosting problem? I refuse to believe it's a problem on my end, considering I uploaded everything from saved files that prove to work via my actual saved copies. 110mb.com used to be so easy and simple, without any problems, but if anyone can help me with THIS problem or suggest a new host then I'm stuck. I understand it's probably hard to even answer since I'm hiding a lot of the information.... but that's my whole point: it's all correct, 100%, and it's been proven because it's all been hosted flawlessly with no problems multiple times; but my past web hosts find the content dismissible for some reason (it is basically blogs/stories of my drunken sexual adventures typed out in sometimes vivid detail :mellow: ) so they get shut down or removed. But as said, it's all the same content... all proven to work... just confused why these couple pages don't?

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

You could always PM someone a link to the page to check it out. I'm sure if you requested that the page not be spread to other members that they'd respect your request. It's a bit hard with the information given, but I'm sure some of the other guys/gals can figure it out.

Good luck!

09144a99bb.png

Its virtually impossible to work out if there is a problem with your html code by looking at screenshots. If you provided a link then we might be able to help you out.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

It can't be a problem with the code, though. Every link works flawlessly when I open the webpage through my computer. The problem started when I uploaded all the files to RunHosting; and even still, I haven't touched the code. I've double, triple, and quadruple checked the problem links and they are perfect (it's not even complex coding anyways :lol: ). Everything else works.

I've got a bit more time on my hands today than I did late last night so I'm going to try and figure it out myself first. If all else fails I'll just post the code. Thanks guys!

You may not have touched the code but runhosting might have automatically on upload.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Re-checked over every bit of code through Runhosting.... it's all correct, but still not working. I even completely copied everything from one of the pages that IS working, replaced the actual information from the page that isn't, and THAT didn't work either. It has to be something with Runhosting because this is the first time I've ever had any problems like this and the coding, as I've said multiple times already, has not been touched (and it all works flawlessly when I go through the website through my desktop).

Sorry guys! Guess this was just one big waste of time. I'm going to see if I can find another decent free/no ads hosting website and check if it works. Anyone have any suggestions? I realize I'm going to have to use a free subdomain, and I'm fine with that, as long as it isn't anything crazy like mywebsite.getyourfreewebsitehostinghere.uk

:blink:

Can you post the code of the link that goes to the page that isn't working? That and the screenshot you posted should tell me if what I'm thinking is right or not.

Can you post the code of the link that goes to the page that isn't working? That and the screenshot you posted should tell me if what I'm thinking is right or not.

<ul>
<li><strong><a href="">a</a></strong></li>
<li><strong><a href="">b</a></strong></li>
<li><strong><a href="fsghb.html">cnotworking</a></strong></li>
<li><strong><a href="">d</a></strong></li>
<li><strong><a href="tmr.html">enotworking</a></strong></li>
<li><strong>f</strong></li></ul></div>

Directly copied, links removed on those that work, the only difference in the source is the indentation.