Old player returning, seeking advice.

Paddeeh

Hi there :)

I'm returning to RuneScape after years of absence. (~2 years, if not more)

My account has been cleaned out from anything of worth but I have managed to get together about 700k from junk I had in my bank. I'm a level 129 player with 99 HP, Att and Def with 92 Str.

I'm looking to start raising up funds to start playing more seriously, but its been so long since I was in the game that I don't know what is decent money making any more. Back when I played seriously Barrows was decent money...but now I have no idea if its any good or if the methods I used are even effective now.

Can the fine people of tip.it help me out with ideas and advice? :)

Begin looking into farming herbs. Easy to make at least 500 k a day there.

Daily buys from shops should be at least another 200 k a day.

Mtk is on average 1 mil profit per week.

Besides that there's combat, frost dragons, next, dks, glakkers, tds, and any chromatic dragons are all good for cash (greens blues and blacks moreso for the last).

Not sure what your dungeoneering level is at but is recommend doing the first three things I said in-between dungeons until you hit 85 dg. That will get you the cash for at least 85 herby for extremes and super antifires plus some gear for frosts and most important your chaotic rapier. After that do frosts with those first three for cash and exp till you have the amount you want.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Well I'll be damned, it's Paddy!

Pretty much as what was said above, farming is a fairly decent way to make steady cash. Depending on if you're 93 Slayer I think, ganodermic beasts are pretty good cash as well.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

Barrows can be ok/fun money, but not the greatest. I really suggest making sure you're caught up in quests, and definitely find the dailies that you enjoy. Try out dungeoneering if you haven't yet, but be aware that it is vastly different from standard skills.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

If you wish to do barrows, complete ritual of the Mahjarrat quest. It unlocks seventh barrows brother.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

If you have 73 hunter, you can do the minigame that gets you the herbs for juju potions. The juju farming pot gives you like a 1 in 3 chance of pulling two herbs in a patch, giving you about 33% more herbs, and increasing your farming profits. Other than this, i've been out a while too, and have no other money ideas.

Steviej.png

My account spent most of the last 10 months "locked"