Revenant Dungeon should be single combat

TheLad1

I'm quite happy to take on a Pkr on a 1-1 basis, but the constant chain of Pre-pubescent gangs marrauding through the Revenant Dungeon with the sole intent to screw someones gameplay up is now starting to grate.

Most Rev hunters no longer wear decent gear - I (like many others) tend to 4 Item & lose some D/Hides + any supplies I'm carrying. Most of the time they will spend more on pots & spells than the get from me as a drop.

If the Dungeon was Single Combat, with a 'safe' zone between kills to prevent PJ'ing I'd quite happily wear better gear & take them on, however at the moment the odds are so far stacked against you when 6-10 of them rush you all using different methods of attack.

the_lad_1.png

Good luck with that notion seeing as in the combat update Jagex are entirely removing single combat from the game based on the fact it does not make sense that in random areas some unknown force stops stuff attacking you if you are already in combat.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I know it's not going to happen, the difference here is you actually go down into the dungeon & whilst this is still classed as the Wilderness it is slightly different to the 'random unknown barriers' between single & multi combat zones on the surface.

As an aside, does anyone know if Brawlers are still dropped?

the_lad_1.png

As an aside, does anyone know if Brawlers are still dropped?

They are, yes.

As for single combat, revenant hunting is best in groups. Find yourself an unofficial Revenant hunting world (I have no idea which these are) that is patrolled by clans who will pile on pkers.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Good luck with that notion seeing as in the combat update Jagex are entirely removing single combat from the game based on the fact it does not make sense that in random areas some unknown force stops stuff attacking you if you are already in combat.

Since when do fantasy games need to be "sensible" in the framework of real life? Anything can happen in MMORPGs, that's the whole point! How else would explain all the other stuff that goes on in there? It makes complete sense within its own framework. They could explain it away quite easily if they wanted. Here, I will try: Guthix's edict prevents multicombat in certain areas. That only took me 2 seconds to come up with, it wasn't that hard. If what you have stated is Jagex's justification for this, then that's quite moronic on their part.

You're kind of missing the point about Revenants having all these amazing potential drops. Putting it in the wild to allow pking is what creates a trade-off between safety and potential gp or exp gains. PKing has always been a big part of Runescape culture and is important to the game and many of its players.

Here is a pdf with a discussion of the wilderness/pking problem. It's one-sided and a lot of the solutions proposed aren't viable, but maybe looking at the other side of things will help calm your ire:

http://www.wildernessguardians.com/his_lordship/AppendixFinal.pdf

Cowards can't block Warriors.

Since when do fantasy games need to be "sensible" in the framework of real life? Anything can happen in MMORPGs, that's the whole point! How else would explain all the other stuff that goes on in there? It makes complete sense within its own framework. They could explain it away quite easily if they wanted. Here, I will try: Guthix's edict prevents multicombat in certain areas. That only took me 2 seconds to come up with, it wasn't that hard. If what you have stated is Jagex's justification for this, then that's quite moronic on their part.

They certainly COULD come up with a reason for it if they wanted, but its nowhere near as easy as what you make it out to be from a lore perspective.

Using you example of the Guthixian Edicts there's already a bunch of loopholes and no explanation from the 'this said so' job done attitude. Why did he do this? What benefit does it serve? How come it effects everywhere in the world in seemingly random application? Why would aggressive people/monsters settle in these areas (eg wolves and pack/tribe monsters)? The Edicts were sort of the post-godwars magically enforce treaty so why would they be concerned with making a load of random passable barriers effecting combat? etc.

As far as fantasy game concepts go I agree with Jagex's excuse on this one it just does not make sense in terms of the worlds existence and the convoluted complexities of lore required to establish a fair reason for each and every area to be single or multi is kinda astronomical.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue