Runescape in Google Chrome

Wessan

Is anyone else experiencing difficulty loading Runescape through Google Chrome lately? I doubt so, but I have come back after being away from the country for 6 months and my desktop seems to just decide when or if it will load RS. Very frustrating. I deleted all of the Jagex/RS stuff from my computer and reloaded it all (and Java too), all to no avail.

wessan.png

Does it work with other browsers?

If so, from what I've seen/heard, Google Chrome needs Java version 6.10 to run java applets (especially if your java hasn't updated recently).

If it doesn't help, let me know, I'll keep an eye out.

Tainaith.png

*99 Cooking Achieved: 4th of July, 2009--99 Fishing Achieved: Christmas Day, 2009--99 Woodcutting Achieved: May 4th, 2010--99 Magic Achieved: September 11, 2010--99 Fletching Achieved: June 14th, 2012--2000 Total Achieved: July 2nd, 2012*

*1100 Dominion Bosses defeated*

Heroes of Newerth player -- IGN: SaveTehPanda

StarCraft 2 player -- IGN: plasmaJelly

Well, everything is current in terms of Java. I tried on Internet Explorer and got the same stuff as in Chrome. I think my roommate messed my computer up while I was gone, that's all. Oh well, I'm still able to get it to load after a few tries.

wessan.png

I believe 6.10 is in beta and requires a manual download/install, but if it works still, then it's okay, I suppose.

Tainaith.png

*99 Cooking Achieved: 4th of July, 2009--99 Fishing Achieved: Christmas Day, 2009--99 Woodcutting Achieved: May 4th, 2010--99 Magic Achieved: September 11, 2010--99 Fletching Achieved: June 14th, 2012--2000 Total Achieved: July 2nd, 2012*

*1100 Dominion Bosses defeated*

Heroes of Newerth player -- IGN: SaveTehPanda

StarCraft 2 player -- IGN: plasmaJelly

I updated java recently and started to have the same problem (chrome told me the java applet was out of date prior to my downloading). One thing I have found that works is deleting the jagex cache then trying to load scape and if this doesn't work look in the address bar and at the end of the address it should have "=1" change this to "=0" and try reloading the page.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Or if you don't want to even bother having to mess with the homepage and such you could just go to worldxxx.runescape.com the "xxx" would just be any world like ever since the lobby was added world2.runescape.com would just take you into the lobby so you could click play, prior to that it would take you directly to the w2 login.

"And with the first round rapture draft pick, God selects...... Macho Man Randy Savage ohhhh yeaaah brother!"

Or if you don't want to even bother having to mess with the homepage and such you could just go to worldxxx.runescape.com the "xxx" would just be any world like ever since the lobby was added world2.runescape.com would just take you into the lobby so you could click play, prior to that it would take you directly to the w2 login.

Actually one could do this since the beginning of runescape.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Actually one could do this since the beginning of runescape.

I know, but it's not as useful now since the lobby was introduced since the world you type in has almost 0 relevance in actually landing in that world on the lobby selection screen. I just used "wolrdxxx.runescape.com" as an example so some people don't think I'm leading them to some illegitimate site.

"And with the first round rapture draft pick, God selects...... Macho Man Randy Savage ohhhh yeaaah brother!"

Well, I am still experiencing trouble with it today even after trying to type in specific worlds. I think my computer felt neglected by me for the past 7 months and is taking its retribution out on my RS account.

I even went back again and uninstalled and re-installed Java and deleted my jagex/RS cache on my hard drive. I think this one is un-fixable, but thanks for the suggestions.

wessan.png

Client installed and works well. Downside to it though is I cant bring the client into my tab browsing on Google Chrome. This issue is specific to this computer because my laptop works fine. I just uninstalled and re-installed chrome to no avail. Oh well.

wessan.png

Hi Platinum,

I had the same problem and it looks fixed for me now. Do you happen to use 'AVG Antivirus'? I actually disabled the link scanner en another thing in the anti-virus and since them my problem stopped. It might be a very big coincidence, but worth trying if you are using this Antivirus.

Greetings