My account was hacked

Contractor

I got an email this morning on my yahoo email saying Do you want your runescape account back? Give me your bpin and I'll not use bot on your acc. You've one attempt for your response

I get alot of those types of emails but I knew it was legit because it had my login name and display name on the title of the email. So I try to log in and my pass doesn't work, then I try to do the password recovery and it asks for my email. I generally use 3 different emails, not quite certain which one is the right one but none of them are being accepted for the password recovery. Is there a different way to recover your password?

Laplacian.png

As far as I am aware (I haven't needed to recover my account in about 9 months) you can just not enter the email and it will take you through to the old fashioned account recovery where it will ask for original IP, old passwords etc.. Have you been on holiday or something though? Because it will still take the hacker 14 days to change the email to theirs unless they also had access to your email. You can also try posting in the account help section of the RSOF. Good luck getting such a nice account back :D

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Email Jagex with your info. For instance, I deleted the email I had registered to my account and when I tried to change my password, I couldn't get any of the emails, and I couldn't log onto my account because I didn't -know- my password. I emailed someone I had found in a troublshooting page and they didn't ask any questions about it. So definitely try to get some direct communication going.

Definitely fill out the Account Recovery form as complete as possible. Try to find any old transaction and agreement ID numbers you may have for your account when you purchased membership to help you out (as well as the card used to purchase membership for it if you can; this is requested on the account recovery form). If at all possible, set up your e-mails to double authentication next time. Gmail does provide this system where an SMS or telephone call is placed to provide you an access code upon logging into your account.

Yeah problem is account recovery has to go through the same process as the password recovery, it doesn't accept my email. I emailed the account help address but it said it may take up to 2 weeks to get a reply. I also posted in the customer support thread they have, hopefully they respond before too much damage is done on my account.

Laplacian.png

Looks like this forum is out of date.

It is impossible to recover an account the old way(via recovery questions) if there is an email set to the account now.

The only way is to email [email protected] or use the forums to get a jmod unset the email for you and then use manual recovery.

Your account is maxed, would you like me to request a lock on hlf?

Nvm, saturday

Also nowadays its impossible for someone to change your password without an email connected to their rs account. So they must have access to your Email whatever it is. I suggest you to use Gmail from now on and set up two step verification, this way they cannot get access to your email without having the access to your phone, and thus cannot change your rs password.

Looks like this forum is out of date.

It is impossible to recover an account the old way(via recovery questions) if there is an email set to the account now.

The only way is to email [email protected] or use the forums to get a jmod unset the email for you and then use manual recovery.

Yeah that's what I did, there is an account help thread on the rsof. I posted there yesterday to lock the account and remove the email associated with the account so I can manually recover it through recovery questions, account details, etc. It was done today and I recovered it, thanks guys. Never thought I would be one to get hacked haha

Laplacian.png