So angry, new scam/bug abuse

Laps9

I'd have to say this does qualify as a scam. The player in the wilderness lies by telling you they are selling for a low price; they never intend to sell their items to you. Like any scam, it takes some foolishness on the victim's part for it to work out, and is easily avoidable. It's interesting how popular this new trick seems to be in Runescape; just a week ago I saw no one trying it, and now there seems to be 2-3 people attempting it per page on the official Forums.

sig7uu.png

I'd have to say this does qualify as a scam. The player in the wilderness lies by telling you they are selling for a low price; they never intend to sell their items to you. Like any scam, it takes some foolishness on the victim's part for it to work out, and is easily avoidable. It's interesting how popular this new trick seems to be in Runescape; just a week ago I saw no one trying it, and now there seems to be 2-3 people attempting it per page on the official Forums.

Yeah, what he said. Runescape's Second Rule:

You must not scam or deceive other players.

Lying to other players for your own personal gain is not in the spirit of the game.

While it might not be a scam for say, it is an infringment on this rule, and Jagex will potentially take action against anyone doing it.

Its kind of hard to hit people up for scamming though when the trade is to be conducted in the wilderness.

As long as the person actually has what they claim to be trading, you can't even consider it a scam. And even if its extremely obvious that someone was set up... you can hardly prove that the killer even had any connection with the person that was making the trade. They could just as easily claim that they were passing by and saw a easy target. And the person making the trade (the non victim) could just act completely dumb founded and pretend as if he had absolutely no clue as to what had just happened. And if he was real smart... he could simply play the role of a survivor and act as if he was next on the list (depending on level differences). And if running away wouldn't have proven anything, he could've easily made comments to the attacker to make it seem as if he wanted to make a legit trade.

So yeah... real hard to claim something is a scam based on what could only really be considered as hear say. The only way you can prove you were scammed is if the player(s) say something that incriminates themselves.

EDIT: Its really no different if you see someone with low hits and is poisoned. And offer them a cure poison, but stall long enough for the person to drop. It can't be considered scamming because they have absolutely no clue if you were going to actually give them the cure potion or not. There are many other examples, that one just stands out the most.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva