Mac/Pc Laptop

MAC/PC  

7 members have voted

1. 1. MAC/PC

Any windows or Linux based PC can do as well as a Mac on Editing and will cost much less for the same performance.

Also if you want to play games, forget the Mac, not many games work on it.

Also, price wise, go for the Windows based PC instead of a Mac PC. You will pay much more for the same specs with the Mac, at least double the price.

Also, never go for AlienWare, it's overpriced computers that will break pretty easily. I suggest going Asus for a laptop.

You could do fine with either. For video editing, it comes down to personal preference. Either you're an Avid (Windows) person or a Final Cut (Mac) and more specifically FCP7 because everyone currently hates FCPX. There is also of course Adobe Premiere, After Effects, blah blah blah. I'm personally a Mac supporter. You can do almost everything you could on a Windows computer the only complaint would probably be the gaming options but there are plenty of major titles out there that are available for Macs now that developers are more open to the idea and if you really wanted to you could bootcamp a copy of Windows on your Mac too, that's always an option, I've done it, kind of annoying to switch between OSs' when you want to play a game but it's option you can take.

But again, you could do just fine with either a PC or Mac, it all comes down to personal preference anymore. My only advice if you do choice a PC is to do your research.

tFtfA.jpg

I'd agree that Macs excel when editing video or similar media. The PC stuff is out there, but it's often hard to find and rarely free. That said, Mac's programs are anything but free.

I prefer PC, personally.

E: For all you techies, here's something interesting to consider. I once worked on a video editing project in a class where all we had were Chromebooks. Basically, whatever we used had to run in a browser. In addition, it had to be free. It took some trawling on the teacher's part, but it was definitely an interesting experience.