CNN: 7 Dead. Up to 30 People hurt; Shooting in a Wisconsin Sikh Temple; Children held as hostages

Faux

I don't think a molotov cocktail has ever killed somebody let alone a group of people.

Pretty sure bombs have, and I've heard that it's possible to make with household supplies. Much like molotov cocktails, that's an entirely different topic from this one though - I don't think anyone's denying that guns are just a bit dangerous, or that people seem to like killing one another. It's how to stop it that's the issue.

For those of us who are callous enough to politicize an act of domestic terrorism, at least. :twss:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we had a girl at a school (not nearby me) with an axe and some molotov cocktails. She tried her best to kill as many as possible, but in the end just managed to hurt one other pupil in a life threatening way (Axe to the head...). He survived too. I think if she'd had easy access to a gun, she would've used it, and dozens could have died.

While I disagree with Wisconsin's gun laws, I don't think guns are to blame here. Truthfully if the guy wanted to shoot up a temple, he'd have been able to get a gun illegally if there were stricter laws towards guns/guns were completely banned. Regardless, this is horrible and I hope there's going to be a peaceful resolution - or at least peaceful towards the hostages. If the shooter(s) are killed in the process then so be it.

If someone wants a gun, they will acquire it.

Yes, because the gun laws are crap in the first place. If they were made illegal now, there are still hundreds of thousands of guns in circulation which would indeed be easy to get illegally. But, Instead of thinking about the present, think about future generations. With a change of law comes the possibility of a change of culture with future generations, with guns being perceived rightly as bad things tor civilians to have, and the possibility of many being taken out of circulation, making aquiring them illegally much more difficult, stopping many of these shootings from happening.

no it wont. If somone really wanted they can make a molotov cocktail easily if they want to kill a group of people and are unable to find a gun

I don't think a molotov cocktail has ever killed somebody let alone a group of people.

If you counted arson started with MCs then it`s very very likely. But I imagine that people have died directly by molotovs before, although it`d require good accuracy/luck to score a kill with one.

if not I used molotov cocktail as a placeholder for all IED's. Stuff like that would certainly be used in situations like this, the movie theater incident or columbine.

Plus even a full ban on all guns in the united states wouldn't prevent them from entering. Massive amounts of guns can get smuggled in (just like drugs) and you create cartel conditions on the gun market like drugs.