Youtube Monetizing

Miner_Guy

Hey, i made a youtube account like 2 months ago for football montages. Since then i have uploaded 2 videos, both football montages, one has got 45k views and is currently getting 2k views a day the other is on 1.6k views and getting like 50-100 views a day. I have enabled my account for monetization, but when i click on one of the videos and go on actions then monetize it tells me "one or more videos couldnt be monetized, please try again" then when i click learn more it tells me you can monetize more than one at a time which is completely off the subject. For the copyright of my videos, one says matched content the other is blocked in Germany (because of the music in it). On my account it even says on the views section "monetizable views".

So i dont understand why i cant monetize them, anyone know why?

SUPER.gif

Probably to do with the copyright issues you mentioned here and previously made a thread about. The copyright issues alone make the videos kinda borderline problematic with laws, allowing you to profit from essentially stolen content would most definitely be illegal. In the same way you cannot clone a DVD you own and sell it because it's not yours to sell.

Monetization is there not for every random kid who posts a montage but for the genuine people who have youtube careers due to their creation of unique content through reviews, vlogs and such like. eg DaveyWavey, Glozell, Jenna Marbles, The Normal Boots people (like PeanutButterGamer and JonTron), Nikkitabanana (John and nicki pranks), minute physics etc.

To give an example in terms of views for this kind of true youtube career type.

JennaMarbles newest video went up around 10 hours ago

It has nearly 700,000 views.

PeanutButterGamer who is a bit more low key, hits around 200,000 views in a month.

Something like MinutePhysics that is still quite new is pushing 400,000 views on most older videos, with newer ones getting into 100,000-200,000 within a month.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Lol you already asked a similar thing to this the other week. Monetisation is meant for ORIGINAL content. i.e content which YOU created. Not for splicing together clips from other sources.

If you filmed the football clips yourself and added music which you had rights to then you would be able to moetise them.

Your football montages, however, are not eligable for monetisation because

a) the film footage is copyrighted to someone else, and

b) you've probably used copyrighted music as well.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Lol you already asked a similar thing to this the other week. Monetisation is meant for ORIGINAL content. i.e content which YOU created. Not for splicing together clips from other sources.

If you filmed the football clips yourself and added music which you had rights to then you would be able to moetise them.

Your football montages, however, are not eligable for monetisation because

a) the film footage is copyrighted to someone else, and

b) you've probably used copyrighted music as well.

Well i swear you have to submit your video for monetization and then Youtube review it too see if there is any copyright in it. I cant even do that.

And also i have seen channels with same content as me and thye have the video which auto plays if you go on their channel, IIRC you have to be a youtube partner to have that meaning your videos are monetized?

SUPER.gif

Maybe those other people are using clips which are allowed to be used, maybe the people who own the copyright to those clips are getting the revenue from the ads and not the uploader. Perhaps they have just slipped through the net and it's just a matter of time beore those clips get removed. Who knows. YouTube has automated systems to detect copyrighted material in video clips and music. It would be impossible for a human moderator to watch every video uploaded.

Example 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhv6d_0ZhvE

This video is a montage of RuneScape clips. Now the footage belongs to Jagex who are normally pretty lenient about letting people monetise them however I've used some music from MusicShake. Because of this the advert that you see on the page isnt monetised to my account but to MusicShake.

Example 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3PfM8q4HKY

A video entirely my own work which does not contain any copyrighted material from a 3rd party source. I do get the revenue from this advert.

The simple answer is that unless the stuff you are uploaded it entirely your own work then you cannot monetise it. Football montages do not count as your own work no matter how much time you've spend editing it.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Here is information on the YouTube partner scheme. Bear In mind once again that montages of clips from 3rd party sources will not give you monetisation options regardless of if you are a partner or not.

http://www.youtube.com/yt/creators/partner.html

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

There is a difference between your basic montage and his finely crafted montages.

His tell a story, be it of a specific player or a story/review of what a team/league has been through. Plus he has clearly put a lot of careful editing in with effects and zooms and splicing things together plus carefully chosen music which is all credited.

Also where he gets the clips from makes a difference, judging by the fact he is in russia I am assuming they come from russian TV/web sources who are ok with their clips being used.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I looked at half a dozen of his videos and none of them had monetisation.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

To be a partner you have to have monetisation enabled on at least one video of original content at some point.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi