I AM SO FEDUP

jcm

I have to say this and I think I speak for a lot of others,

I have been paying my monthly fee and playing Runescapes for at least 3 years now and I think it is the best game you can play on line it is truly amazing.

Having said that BOTS BOTS I am sick to death of trying to beat them ie shall we say Blue Dragons if your Combat level is 111 you can just click on them and hey presto your fighting it, others like me who are not lucky enough yet to be level 111 have to left click attack BD as your doing this the bot beats you to it.

As I pay my monthly fee as everyone else I really don't think its fair, also they never seem to die ( I might be wrong there). if I stand idle for less than two minutes I get logged out this does not happen to bots. if I were to miss a payment you could close my account straight away why then cant you do it with the bots.

I realize Jagex is doing and have done everything to stop these bots, but surly you can act on the bots that are reported at least you have the name that they are playing by this I do often and a few days later find the one I reported still playing what is the point of being able to report a player if, it seems that nothing is being done about it All though, I know you are working hard to dismiss these players I strongly feel that this is unfair to honest players like myself.

>if I stand idle for less than two minutes I get logged out this does not happen to bots

Not true, everyone has the same logout timer. Bots are automated though as to bypass that.

>if I were to miss a payment you could close my account straight away why then cant you do it with the bots.

They don't close your account if you miss a payment. You just go F2P.

>I realize Jagex is doing and have done everything to stop these bots, but surly you can act on the bots that are reported at least you have the name that they are playing

They're gathering data points and working on fully rolling out bot-watch.

hzvjpwS.gif

No. It's not fair. But that is RuneScape. If every single bot at the Blue Dragons were to vanish today for a set period of time, you will have an influx of people looking to make an easy bit of money from the bots, and instead of fighting predictable and slow bots for your kills, you would be fighting players that are used to fighting for every bit of recourse they can.

My advice to you. Get some mind and air runes. Throw a wind strike at a Dragon to make it aggressive on you, and then kill it.

Have a nice day.

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

No. It's not fair. But that is RuneScape. If every single bot at the Blue Dragons were to vanish today for a set period of time, you will have an influx of people looking to make an easy bit of money from the bots, and instead of fighting predictable and slow bots for your kills, you would be fighting players that are used to fighting for every bit of recourse they can.

My advice to you. Get some mind and air runes. Throw a wind strike at a Dragon to make it aggressive on you, and then kill it.

Have a nice day.

Or even better, use Wind Rush.

It's free.

• 2 weeks later...

People don't understand the size of the game. I have no clue how many employees Jagex has, but it's probably around a thousand, maybe two. There is probably a team of not more then 100 dedicated to customer support.

There is 100k people online at any one time. I would estimate around 40% of those accounts are bots. Could you imagine the amount of effort required to go through all those accounts and ensure that the account is actually a bot? And even worse, all that work is for almost zero progress, as the majority of the bots would likely just create another account.

Jagex has it right with trying to automate their bot detection. However, there seems to be some obstacle that they didn't account for and it doesn't seem to be working correctly. If they do get it working, or if the EoC deters botting (which I don't believe it will for very long) then it will help with the bot problem.

Bots will NEVER leave this game completely. However I think it would be a great success if Jagex was able to get rid of the gold farming bots (which accounts for the majority of bots and are the most detrimental to the game)

w4M8t.png