Runscape Botter Rant

Black Zeus

We all know that Botany Bay failed epically, however last years Bot Nuke was more than successful eventho they came back within 5-6months which was still better than nothing. That time period gave raw materials time to sky rocket and skillers time to actually make money skilling. Now this Botany Bay the 1st day of its release; Frosts Dragons and Grenwalls were compeltely empty. The scare tactic worked for 2 days or so. But after seeing trials were only held on world 2. Every one knew it was just all talk, not to mention the "accidental" banning of over half rs. Idk about anyone else but I'm pretty sure those that were "accidentally" banned were in fact previous or current botters. The only reason they were unbanned is beacuse it left a significant decline in RS players which means less revenue from membership to jagex.

So with that being said, those who were unbanned recieved about 80 squeal of fortune spins if I'm not mistaken. Squeal of Fortune and Solomon General Store is the biggest fail ever introduced on runescape. All it does is give those who rwt'd before sof a reason to do it publicly. The only money legit players like myself gave to RS is the cost of membership. Anything else is pretty much rwt. It's sad beacuse jagex clearly stated they would never do such things and look at your report menu real world item trading is no longer reportable.... On that note the Yeller Banner is also another annoying/patheticily sad thing added to RS. The only people who purchase are those desperate for attention.

As for the Loyalty Points system. I have no problem with that. Every month players are rewarded loyalty points for continues payment of membership, which is good. I myself have over 170k loyalty points. I havn't spent any cause..well I don't see anything worth getting except for the jack of all trades which gives xp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyreBWTNuZg

Botany Bay did not remotely fail.

It is coupled with botwatch which they are rolling out slowly and progressively targeting different bots 1 by 1 to ensure no false positives are given.

Certain areas like grotworms are entirely empty now, if you have a little patience they will continue expanding botwatch to slowly take out more bots.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The 40K+ players who were accidentally banned were not former botters (at least for the most part). they were simply the players online when Jagex decided to try something. They received 20 spins each, by the way.

And they never said Botany Bay would be the end all of bots. It's the first step of many. Lot's of areas have been cleared of bots, and many more show reduction in numbers. Give it a few months, and they should all be gone. It isn't a quick fix this time, it's a slow, permanent fix.

• Like 2

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Botany Bay has nothing to do with the actual banning of bots. It's purely cosmetic really. You could call it a failure of an update in that it people don't visit it anymore after they got their rewards.

Botwatch has hit several areas nicely, but there's still some work to be done.

Your point about banning botters also decreasing their income is also moot. Botters for profit will still try to circumvent the system and thus remake new accounts and sub on them.

• Like 1

My third in command in my clan was accused of botting while my charactor, and two others were standing with her hunting penguins, I know her and she does not bot, would have no clue how to bot. She was very upset. So please don't claim those who were swept up in that were all botters or had botted.

The botting is still going strong, all you have to do is go to the blue dragons, or mine rune ess in Varrock to see that. I do want to give them a fair chance, there has been trials lately in world 87 where we are based they tell me. I haven't had time to check it out myself.

The bots are gone from the tea stand, so my two low level theives made some levels, which would have been impossiable last month.

• 4 weeks later...

I can only hope the botting will slowly disappear. Certains skills are simply not possible to work out atm. Hunting red chins? Impossible unless you want to beat 4 bots who cover 20 squares of traps.

And yeah you can hunt jadinko's and other things, but I like to earn some cash when doing a skill. Anyway, I would love it if the bots (or the majority at least) get removed. Then I can finally earn some

money with the skills I still have to max. Fishing simply ain't worth it anymore imo. Might aswell shilo fish or whatever...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)