Player owned ports tip

Krazyglue

Hello, im not sure if this has been mentioned or just not placed in the guide yet, but this is regarding "the black marketeer". Not only can you buy resources from him, but he will also repair damaged ships for you at a cost. This can happen as soon as you can buy resources as far as i know. After the first or second fail i had i took heavy damage and a 5 hour cooldown. I don't know the exact costs or have a screenshot to add, but it was 103k for me. I had two other occassions with a 1 and 2 hour cd and the 2 hour repair was 40k give or take alittle gold. So i'll assume its around 20k per hour of repair till i can have it happen some more. I'll save some more info for it to add

I have another thing to add concerning "traits". I didn't notice untill after i leveled her, but i have a captain with the trait "Workhorse". I got her probably 50% through the hook and I don't know exactly how much the stat boost was, but it does say increased speed when hovering over the trait. If Quick-footed is +80, workhorse could be +40 or a percentage boost like lookout. If i get another with the trait ill check right away, untill then heres a screenshot of the trait and its description.

http://imageshack.us/f/6/workhorsetrait.jpg/

I doubt it, since most traits are number boosts, not %. You can see how much the trait boots by hovering your mouse over the stat it boots. If I were to hazard a guess, I think the trait boosts your captain's SF by 150, with a base of 250, which at level 3 will end up with 450 SF (traits boosts are not boosted by levels)

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Im postive it is a speed boost. After looking around more I looked at the speed atribute by itself and saw the indivudual boosts. Under trait bonus's it reads 150. She has no other speed traits or boosts so it must be 150. Here is one more link to a screenshot of me showing the stats window for the captain

http://imageshack.us...orsetrait2.jpg/

Sorry, I typo'ed my post, I did mean Speed rather than SF

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)