Questions on Combat/Dungeoneering [Added More]

Bad911

1. Does spamming abilities interrupt auto attacks? (I lag a lot, I can't tell.)

2. Can you accidentally interrupt Ultimate Abilities? (It channels and I lag, is it just splashing?)

3. Is it better repeat the floors under or above the floor that you need cleared? ex./ I need to clear floor 42, is it better to do floor 41 or 43 if I had to choose.

4. Is DGSweeper supposed to auto-update the map on its own, or do you constantly have to "flash" the map on - what I've been doing? (I'm pretty sure you need to flash it, but it doesn't hurt to ask, sorry for wrong section.)

5. Anyone know how to use home-teleport in dungeoneering faster, I keep having to wait for my character to exit battle-mode? I remember there used to be a post about someone's adrenaline bar draining instantly, wouldn't that be a good way to exit battle?

Continued...

6. I finally managed to get an off-hand rapier, a CLS, and an off-hand CLS. I still don't know where to train, I just want to hit stuff sometimes. I have 90 attack and 97 strength. I don't like slayer. Void is probably my best armor right now. Where can I use double CLS/rapier?

7. I need more weapons to do slayer right?

8. Are armoured zombies still a good place to train? If so, what are they weak to? (I have salve-e and void I guess)

9. I recently got a blood necklace, should I use it as a mage? (My current setup is ruinic robe top/bot - only 81 defence - ssh and ccs, thinking about throwing the ruinic bottom away?)

1. For range and melee, yes. For magic auto-attacks sneak in between abilities.

2. AFAIK, ultimates cannot be interrupted unless it says in the description it is a combo attack, so if it would only deal one hitsplat and you don't see anything you probably splashed.

3. It is better to repeat the floor above, though if the floor difference is less than 5 the xp difference isn't much.

4. To update the DGSweeper map you have to flash the map.

5. I have found that opening up graphics settings instantly drains my adrenaline, though there may be a faster way to do it.

Hope this helps!

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

1. For range and melee, yes. For magic auto-attacks sneak in between abilities.

2. AFAIK, ultimates cannot be interrupted unless it says in the description it is a combo attack, so if it would only deal one hitsplat and you don't see anything you probably splashed.

3. It is better to repeat the floor above, though if the floor difference is less than 5 the xp difference isn't much.

4. To update the DGSweeper map you have to flash the map.

5. I have found that opening up graphics settings instantly drains my adrenaline, though there may be a faster way to do it.

Hope this helps!

I didn't want to bump my post, since you answered it all, so I added some more questions and now I can thank you! :D

Thanks.

6. Unless it was patched, vine whip+eee is slightly better dps than dual-CLS, although you should only dual-wield if you use momentum, due to the fact that abilities use only your mainhand weapon for calculating damage.

Fire giants are slash weak, and don't deal too much damage, so you could bring a shield and cancel momentum once in a blue moon to use rejuvenate before re-momentuming.

7. For slayer I've found having a 2h slash, 2h crush, 2h cbow, crystal bow, and staff to be all I need. Dual-wielding just doesn't do enough damage to warrant using. (Haven't had any stab-weak tasks from Kuradal yet, I don't think they are common enough to warrant getting a specialized weapon for.)

8. I would imagine armored zombies would be weak to slash (rangers) and fire spells (meleers). I don't know how the salve amulet works post-EoC, so I can't help you there. Due to requiring two styles for fast killspeed, I doubt they are worthwhile for training.

9. Blood necklace adds crit for all styles, so it's worth swapping out the robe bottom for. (Having both top and legs is overkill in the defence department anyway.)

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

6. Unless it was patched, vine whip+eee is slightly better dps than dual-CLS, although you should only dual-wield if you use momentum, due to the fact that abilities use only your mainhand weapon for calculating damage.

Fire giants are slash weak, and don't deal too much damage, so you could bring a shield and cancel momentum once in a blue moon to use rejuvenate before re-momentuming.

7. For slayer I've found having a 2h slash, 2h crush, 2h cbow, crystal bow, and staff to be all I need. Dual-wielding just doesn't do enough damage to warrant using. (Haven't had any stab-weak tasks from Kuradal yet, I don't think they are common enough to warrant getting a specialized weapon for.)

8. I would imagine armored zombies would be weak to slash (rangers) and fire spells (meleers). I don't know how the salve amulet works post-EoC, so I can't help you there. Due to requiring two styles for fast killspeed, I doubt they are worthwhile for training.

9. Blood necklace adds crit for all styles, so it's worth swapping out the robe bottom for. (Having both top and legs is overkill in the defence department anyway.)

6. I don't think I can use vine whip (I couldn't use it before). No comments on dual rapiers? Why fire giants? Oh man, I can tell I'm not ready for training in EoC.

7. Ah, okay.

8. Shucks :(

9. Okay. Wait....Should I have both ssh and bn or just ditch the ssh for the ruinic bot if I get bn.

6. Fire Giants are weak to slash, which is why CLS was suggested rather than CRapier (which are stab). The accuracy difference is big enough you will want to use the correct style whereever possible.

7. Godsword, Saradomin Sword, Royal Crossbow, C bow and Staff of Light/Polypore staff are pretty much the best things you can get with reasonable amount of money, and none of these require things beyond combat stats (except for Royal Cbow, which requires you to pay a visit to QBD and make it to phase 4. It is quite easy now, and the crossbow doesn't degrade, at least for now). Zamorakian spear is a good 2h stab weapon too if you want to use it.

The reason why 2h are suggested over dual wield is that DW abilities absolutely suck for damage (fast weapons = lower damage, 1h = lower damage still) and only very few abilities base damage on both weapons. Added to the fact that DW cannot use any of the AoE abilities, 2h is pretty much the way to go.

The only thing dual wield can work is if you are competing against someone else for the monsters, which Dual wield will tag faster than 2h due to faster auto attacks. But only works for Ranged/Magic and not worth investing in.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

6. Fire Giants are weak to slash, which is why CLS was suggested rather than CRapier (which are stab). The accuracy difference is big enough you will want to use the correct style whereever possible.

7. Godsword, Saradomin Sword, Royal Crossbow, C bow and Staff of Light/Polypore staff are pretty much the best things you can get with reasonable amount of money, and none of these require things beyond combat stats (except for Royal Cbow, which requires you to pay a visit to QBD and make it to phase 4. It is quite easy now, and the crossbow doesn't degrade, at least for now). Zamorakian spear is a good 2h stab weapon too if you want to use it.

The reason why 2h are suggested over dual wield is that DW abilities absolutely suck for damage (fast weapons = lower damage, 1h = lower damage still) and only very few abilities base damage on both weapons. Added to the fact that DW cannot use any of the AoE abilities, 2h is pretty much the way to go.

The only thing dual wield can work is if you are competing against someone else for the monsters, which Dual wield will tag faster than 2h due to faster auto attacks. But only works for Ranged/Magic and not worth investing in.

6. Any other monsters to train on? I don't necessarily have to use my CLSs.

7. So I just wasted 100k tokens on an off-hand rapier >.>

6. If your other weapons are all Chaotic weapons, then CLS should be good enough, Fire giants in brimhaven are aggressive so you won't have to move too often. I can't remember from the top of my head which monsters are weak to stab, the ones I know are all slayer monsters

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

6. If your other weapons are all Chaotic weapons, then CLS should be good enough, Fire giants in brimhaven are aggressive so you won't have to move too often. I can't remember from the top of my head which monsters are weak to stab, the ones I know are all slayer monsters

Do you know if vampires are still a good training place?

No idea, haven't been back since EoC except for 1 task and I never paid any attention to it.

tim_chenw2.png

Vyres are kind of weird ATM, they use magic and are weak to bolts, yet the only ranged weapon that can hit them is a blisterwood stake, which is a thrown weapon. And unlike the beta, wielding a blisterwood stake no longer allows your offhand weapon to damage them normally, so you would have to use a shield.

Fire giants have decent lp and low defence, and use ranged and melee attacks so you don't have to worry too much about healing or accuracy penalties from wrong armor types while killing them. The resource dungeon in the baxtorian waterfall cave is a good place to camp them, usually when I go there to slay I'm the only one there.

With regards to the Dg binds question, I think it is preferable to keep the hood.

flere_imsaho.png

Vyres are kind of weird ATM, they use magic and are weak to bolts, yet the only ranged weapon that can hit them is a blisterwood stake, which is a thrown weapon. And unlike the beta, wielding a blisterwood stake no longer allows your offhand weapon to damage them normally, so you would have to use a shield.

Fire giants have decent lp and low defence, and use ranged and melee attacks so you don't have to worry too much about healing or accuracy penalties from wrong armor types while killing them. The resource dungeon in the baxtorian waterfall cave is a good place to camp them, usually when I go there to slay I'm the only one there.

With regards to the Dg binds question, I think it is preferable to keep the hood.

I heard momentum training is inferior to manually doing it? I don't mind spamming stuff. Should I really just go fire giants?

Just a comment on vyres. I didn't try meleeing them and I wasn't satisfied with kill speed from the stakes. Air surge and the staff destroyed them. I particularly liked the spot where 3-4 of them are clustered, aoe and dragon breath slaughtered them.

There doesn't seem to be as many monsters weak to melee as there are magic and range. 2 most common training monsters I hear are fire giants and hellhounds

And if you know what you're doing, momentum sucks over abilities.