Suggestion for a new slayer monster: Medusa

Bellatrix

New Slayer Monster: Medusa

What Is the target?

To give slayers of medium-high level a new rewarding goal for their training, and also challenge them with an inteligent (and rewarding) foe. Furthermore - its behavior and fighting/retreating method will encourage player to group there, and make life much more interestingÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

Where to place it?

Some kind of Ruind Temple (Greek style, of course). The tempel can be added in one of the following places:

1. as a new side-area of slayer dungeon (entrance can be a cravice between turoths and Kurasks).

2. new maze or area in the eatern Mishtalin (near the limestone temple).

3. A non-wildy maze found in one of the ruin areas in wildy (similar to the KBD zone).

Stats:

Aggressive: yes

Slayer level needed: 58 or 62.

Hp: 75

Slayer Equipment needed: Mirror Shield.

Attack method:

The Monster attacks with a poisoned spear, and hits up to 12 + poison (similar to cave crawlers). She can also throw javelins (range attack), and cast entangle (or snare) spells, if you try to fight from a distance. Javelins are also poisoned, but the poison is weaker (starts at 5).

Furthermore: If a medusa has 25 or less hp left, she may start to retreat, and seek the cover of other medusa around. Once in a while, she can also summon 2 bush snakes (or similar snake-like creatures), to keep her attacker busy. She can regenerate quite fast.

Defense:

Medusa has high protection from magic, and low protection from range (though, mirrior shield must be equipted at all times, so only javelins, throwing knifes and darts work). Melee defense is reasonable (medium-high).

Reward (drops) - I arranged them from the common to the super-rare.

100%: Bones, snakeskin.

Common Drops: skull, bronze spear(p), bronze square, 50-150 gp, 10-40 earth runes, 10-40 water runes., 5 bronze bars (noted), herb, grapes.

Less common: mirror shield, anti-poiosn potion (3 dose), herb seed (harlander and higher), herbs (3), poison ivy or belladona seed, 3-10 nature/chaos runes, 3 law runes, silver vase (does nothing, but high alchs for 700 gp), steel javelins (10), steel knifes (10), bone spear, 13 rune ess (noted), oak root, jug of wine.

Half rare: cooked swordfish, weapon poison, addy javelins or knifes (5), addy med helm, chaos or nature tally, mith boots, 5 snakeskin (noted):,5 death/blood runes, mith long sword, poison ivy (1-2), belladona (1).

Rare: yew or magic root, gems and half key, rune spear (p), wepon poison (s), ancient mirror/vase (dose nothing, but high-alchs for 3000gp), soul rune, 3 combination runes (random kind), mystic bottom (white), rune squar shield.

Super-rare: dragon half-shield, uncut dragonstone, mud battlestaff (as common as the dragon chain drop from dust devils, lol).

Litte trick to add: a nearby source of water exists, so player can use the jug (left when drinking the jug of wine drop) with the grape drop, to make a new jug of wine (helps them to stay longer :-) ).

Please make your comments :oops: ,

Bellatrix

L.Bellatrix.png

Slayer: 85/85, Herblore: 82/82, Farming 81/82, def 99/99.

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

Dragon drops: 4 half shields, 2 dragon spears | whip drops: 5.

barrow drops: Ahrim's hood

The problem is the "gorgon" may create confusion between that, and the ox-like moster from D&D (that with the iron scales and petrifying breath).

L.Bellatrix.png

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

I tell you what, I wish all suggestions were like this.

For one, this can be put into the game, similar to the other slayer monsters have. Secondly, nothing appears to be overpowered and there are no exaggerated rewards. Thirdly, it confronts the problem of mid-level slayering which can get very stale after awhile. Above all, the idea is unique enough to be worth adding and actually adds a new dimension to the skill and fighting. The Greek style to it can add a lot of extension possibilities whilst not being too farfetched from the rest of the game and I particularly love the encouragement to slay with friends and the obvious need of skill, something in which the game desperately lacks, to kill the monster individually.

I hardly ever say this but I would seriously consider suggesting something like this to Jagex. Great idea!

Thanks to you, both :oops:

L.Bellatrix.png

Just one question..... Is this a regular monster like gargoyles.. or is it a special monster like KBD or KQ..(not that high of a lvl though)..

Very nice idea though....

kkthnxbye :wall:

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

regular (slayer) monster like gargoyle. As is see it, there are many medusas on that area (with snakes crawling around, etc) - so (as i written in the topic), one wounded medusa retreats to seek shelter behind the other creatures. (though the area is not necceserely a multi-combat)

If somebody is fooish enough not to bring a mirror shield - maybe he shell be freezed, or maybe drained, as similar to basilisk (jugex will want to give him some chance to escape alive).

As for a fighting boss:

jugex can always add later a lower floor where the legendery gorgon herself waits, armed with legendary equipment similar to barrows (but she has very high magic defense, unlike the six brothers). I myself prefer that such a boss and it minions (maybe a pet-chimera also, lol) will be the end of a glorious quest that requires team-group of high-level players, rather then a simple fighting boss. Anyway, that boss can have a rare drop of a legendary shield with the possibility of entangle (works like barrows eqp, and wears-off quickly and needs to be fixed like them).

But that is not the aim of my current topic.

L.Bellatrix.png

Medusa is from the Greek mythology, so their are no copywrits on it, and anyone can use it (As anyone today can write a story based on the Legend of King Arthur).

L.Bellatrix.png

Nice idea (the urn).

I will correct it in a minute.

As for "sending" the idea - I dont know if there are other ways, rather tham publish it here and in the runescape official forum of suggestions - thing which I did.

L.Bellatrix.png