Retired player's EOC/recent updates questions

Slayer_Jesse

Hey there. I retired about 3 months back, (canceled membs) but before that there was about a year where i would log in less than 4 hours a week, if that. so im up to date on most of the updates in that time, but not nessisarily their impacts. i played the eoc beta, so i know how it works. what i dont know is how it affected several of my favorite areas. (id consider coming back, but id need a job and my own internets 1st.)

EOC:

how difficult is gwd/ bossing in general compared to before?

in same vein, dominion tower? i never had time to finish it but it was on my list.

ive heard slayer xp is much faster now. i belive it if everything rly is multi cb. if using abilities, max cb with ext pots, how much xp/hr on a average task now? is kill stealing/overcannoning a problem?

DG: how hard is it now? my only contact with it was when beta 1st came out, and it was freaking impossible :P if there are any DungeonSweepers here, whats the reccomended binds now that we can have 10? (99 dg, so 100 not far off.)

speaking of dg, i got refund tokens from prayers/ surgebox. im thinking now that there's only 1 att style per wep, its time to give in and finally buy a rapier. (former cls pride, lol. already have maul and ccb too.) tho the other part of me wants to buy a chaotic sheild or offhand rapier... :P

and now when i open the equip scren, it might as well be written in chineese put through an engima machine. any easy way to translate it to the old system so i can start learning it? ( i still round hits down to the nearest 10, lol.)

Recent updates:

obsidian armor? it sounded niche item status to me.

player owned ports, whats the general concensus? it sounded really interesting to me, and i have 3 of the nessisary skills. (a really high lvl update ftw?!) also, how do the armors stack up, and can you assist for the untradable versions? (my gut says no.)

Edit: is it just me, or didn't H&A used to be alot busier...?

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

yeah, grad was easy mode before with a yak... and in a healin ultimate and lol. if thats what normal people are doing in dg, DGS probably has it down to -5 seconds.

maby ive seen you before, but, PSL? your like the 3rd person online in the past month ive seen that was from there/fort pierce. weird o.o (former resident :P)

• Like 1

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

Dungeoneering is a breeze now, and super fast floors in the right team. GWD is also easy, you could last hours on a solo trip (rejuvinate and other defence / constitution abilities come into play)

Dominion tower, is roughly the same speed, but alot more fun due to abilities, and a good place to try them all out.

Afraid i cant answer the slayer question, i rarely do it. Hopefully someone will be able to answer that soon :)

Dual wield is awesome in eoc (especially with chaotics) But ome prefer the defence of a shield. Its up to you whether you want to sacrifice dps for defence.

With the new equip system, it still confuses me, as there seem to be alot of hidden bonuses in armours now (glacor boots etc etc) I just played around til i found a set up suited for my needs.

Obsidian armour only works in the volcano, but dont be discouraged. Fight caves, and kiln, are easier now, and te armour is a nice easy way to tribrid it, with extra damage against, and defence from, the lava creatures.

With the armours, im afraid it is not assistable , as you do craft it in the port itself (upraded workshop allows this) No one knows what the sets will be like, but i expect them to be pretty epic.

Hope this helped (somewhat) and have fun :D

cwazy_casper.png

thanks for the info. obsidian seems useless to me as i have both capes already, and dont spend much time in fight pits :P

i think im going to have a harrd time choosing betweein shield and offhand chaotic after onhand rapier. i tried both out, and while i normaly would lean shield, dual weild just looks so badass, and the damage output... lol.

still waiting to hear if i rly need rapier onhand, or if im fine with just cls and a weaker stab wep for slayer.

(it just occured to me im taking advice from ppl with under 100 posts. (no offense intended.) now i feel old.)

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

None taken ^.^ It would all depend on the creature you are fighting, and thier weakness

Eg, mutated jadinkos, weak to stab, dual rapier would be best :D

Bossing, i havnt meleed much to be honest, so just a matter of trial anderror on my end :D

cwazy_casper.png

(pratical side) "get your rapier onhand, you need it for slayer"

(fun side) "Sc*w that guy! get it off hand and mess some stuff up!"

me: aaarrrgh, shut up, both of you! o_O

another dg question, do i need hexhunter, or can i get by with t10 bow (for pro teams.)

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

guess i need 99 range anyway :P was gonna get it just so i could learn to nex :P

did they fix shortbows, or are longbows still better by a mile in dg?

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

Hex is good, sagi is better.

Hex: 519 damage, 980 accuracy, 1960 armour, 1485 lp boost, fastest speed.

Sag short: 1017 damage, 990 accuracy, fast speed.

Sag long: 524 damage, 990 accuracy, 1980 armour, 1485 lp boost, average speed.

Sag arrow: 950 damage. Naturally, 99 ranged is required, so you get +1049 damage.

That means you get:

1568 damage in 4 ticks, or 392 dpt.

2066 damage in 5 ticks, or 413 dpt.

1573 damage in 6 ticks, or 262 dpt.

Assuming Tip.It & RSwiki stats are correct (pretty sure Tip.It stats are). I haven't checked.

Of course for abilities, there's a big difference between hex/longbow and shortbow. The built-in shield can help survival a lot, with Resonance and Rejuvinate. According to RSwiki, the ability comparison comes out in favour of the hexhunter bow, damage-wise as well, and I haven't heard of anyone trading their hex for a Sagittarian shortbow.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

is kill stealing/overcannoning a problem?

It is not possible to kill steal in EoC. All attackers get the same amount of XP. However, first hitter will get items.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

thanks a bunch for the data guys. ill go with the sagi short until i find a hex.

hows POP work gameplay wise? do you find it fun or a chore? (ik thisis subjective but still like to hear.)

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

I like ports. The Hook/Scythe can be a bit problematic because you can finish all voyages in a day, but only at the cost of some sleep. Other regions it's either easy to do them all (Arc/Skull) or clearly impossible (Bowl, presumably Pincers).

Once you hit the Bowl, it's a 3x a day thing, you can do it in the morning, before dinner and before going to sleep or something.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted