First chaotic?

Leoo

Having trouble deciding which one to get first seeing that all monsters have different weaknesses now and require different weapons. I'm also debating whether chaotic weapons are even worth spending tokens on anymore?

Chaotic maul.

Because 2h > 1h, and we have Zamorakian Spear and Godswords for stab and slash.

Handcannon and Royal crossbow > Chaotic Crossbow.

Armadyl battlestaff > Chaotic staff, unless you don't need to use Air runes and want the extra 30 accuracy.

cmaul

my first chaotic was a cls and was having trouble on my 2nd. hedgehog recommended cmaul and i love it.

quick example- frosts are weak to stab, went their will a cmaul and was killing them before they were reflecting damage back without even using potions.

• Like 1

i still use my cls on certain slayer tasks (abby demons). but for your first chaotic i would go with the maul.

but i use slayer assignments for 99% of my combat, and i havent ran across a melee weakness monster where the cmaul hasnt worked great against.

i still use my cls on certain slayer tasks (abby demons). but for your first chaotic i would go with the maul.

but i use slayer assignments for 99% of my combat, and i havent ran across a melee weakness monster where the cmaul hasnt worked great against.

Couldn't I just use a godsword as a slash weapon though?

claws will be dw, and dw will rarely be better dps then a 2h of the same tier when using abilities. That said, they should be better then dw CLS.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

claws will be dw, and dw will rarely be better dps then a 2h of the same tier when using abilities. That said, they should be better then dw CLS.

That's assuming on single target, AoEs 2h wins absolutely hands down. The disparity in abilities (in both the raw damage from abilities and the mechanics behind them) needs to be corrected before that statement becomes remotely true. In fact, DW melee is the only style at the moment you can LOSE dps by ability spamming, very few basics actually increases the dps of DW.

Depends one what you'll be killing for which chaotic you get =/

From what I can see, it is extremely (i mean extremely) difficult to justify obtaining any chaotics beside the Maul at the moment. Staff is a joke of a weapon, and everything else are 1h'ers.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)