Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Slayer model

Combat

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Thai_tong
[ Display Name History ]

Thai_tong

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Thai tong
Version 9.2 Here

The slayer model is a spreadsheet tool that requires no download. It can be used to predict various outcomes of your personal slayer task list such as how long your goal will take and how many charms you will get. I have been testing slayer on and off for over 2 years and have created this tool, I hope you can make great use of it :)
To use it you simply need to log in to your google account, click file and click make a copy and then you will be able to edit your copy to suit how you prefer to slay.

Instructional video

The task input interface

The drops input interface

The combat input interface

Task frequencies and effigies

Combat and herbicide xp

Charms

Tradable drops and profits

• 100 likes this

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
Very useful, but the bonecrusher/herblore stats seem to be massively out. 750K herblore exp/hr from herbicide? 1M from bonecrusher?

In addition, given that two years of the data was gathered before EoC was released, how relevant is the model post-EoC?

Thai_tong
[ Display Name History ]

Thai_tong

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
The name entered in by default is elvis so the herblore and prayer gains are for 84mil slayer xp which is how far he has to go til 200mil. Eoc didnt change the monster drops except effigies, the formula for drop rate of effigies was established before Eoc but is related to the monster's combat level so putting in their new combat level fixes this. Task assignment rates were gotten in the combat beta so they will be the same as current (though there really is no reason they would change). Everything else was re-tested after Eoc.

Thai_tong
[ Display Name History ]

Thai_tong

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
I should have a better formula for the drop rate of effigies within the next 2 months. I am following the adventurers logs of 40 bots to see how often they get effigies and from those grotworm/frost dragon/green dragon kills I will be able to find a formula for drop rate of a monster of any combat level.

Fallstar
[ Display Name History ]

Fallstar

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,243 posts
  • RSN:Fall Star
  • Clan:Primacy
This is great, might be more suited to Data and Research though?

Asmodean <3

Guado
[ Display Name History ]

Guado

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • RSN:Guado
I'm not sure how this data holds up in credibility, but you might want to cruise around it a little bit, in case you haven't already.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thai_tong
[ Display Name History ]

Thai_tong

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,168 posts

This is great, might be more suited to Data and Research though?

I keep it up to date so that people can use it as a tool for their own slaying not a place to go to find various averages like herbicide xp per kill (not that anyone would want to know anything but effigy drops and ganodermic drop rates).

I'm not sure how this data holds up in credibility, but you might want to cruise around it a little bit, in case you haven't already.

Thanks for that info, I'd use the clue scroll data if I was ever to add an option to complete hard or elite clues.
The rest of the data is not accurate enough though. The old formula for effigy drop rates which they say was reduced by a factor of 2.8 pre-dates March 2011. As they say in relation to frost dragon vissage rates, their whole calculation could be skewed by people picking up effigies and not opening them immediately- I have several measures to help prevent this from happening to my data. However, even though the actual rates are inaccurate, the relative rates of items dropped should be very accurate with their sample size, I will be able to use this to find a better approximation to special drops such as dragon plateskirts/legs dropped by iron and steel dragons :)

Thai_tong
[ Display Name History ]

Thai_tong

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
I realised that dagganoth under waterbirth had different charm drops to the lighthouse ones so I tested and fixed their drop rates. Also players who don't get enough charms from slayer will now kill dagganoth to get the remaining charms.

Thai_tong
[ Display Name History ]

Thai_tong

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
Thankfully the slayer update didn't add any new tasks to kuradal. I believe that doing tasks in slayer tower is an extra 20% to slayer xp. I don't think its worth doing abberant spectres there but gargoyles spawns are similar to kuradal's dungeon. Nechs are less cramped than in the chaos tunnels which makes hurricane and quake worse, abyssal demons will probably be worth doing there. When the tower isn't crowded I'll test the tasks and change their xp per kill if necessary.

Thai_tong
[ Display Name History ]

Thai_tong

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
I am trying to use the information in the bestiary to find a formula relating monster stats and how often they are assigned- if one exists. Then if a new monster gets added it will be easy to include it.

Thai_tong
[ Display Name History ]

Thai_tong

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
It will be a while before I can include automatons in the model :( but since they are good profit I expect people will be keeping logs so it might be easy to include their profits once I know how common their task is.

Thai_tong
[ Display Name History ]

Thai_tong

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
Lots of testing to do now after all these combat changes!
I have enough slayer points to get an approximation of avansie and automaton assignment rates

Thai_tong
[ Display Name History ]

Thai_tong

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
Hooray. I finally got around to updating this, it now includes automatons and avansies but not the new task released 2 days ago. It is simplified a bit to minimise the amount of information you must enter and should also lag less.

Thai_tong
[ Display Name History ]

Thai_tong

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
Mod Chris L revealed the assignment weight for ascension monsters so they are included now :D http://puu.sh/3nbxs.png

Panna Millsy
[ Display Name History ]

Panna Millsy

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • RSN:Panna Millsy
  • Clan:Dawnbreaker
Quick question, the way this is written makes it sound that a cannon should be used on all tasks at all times, so long as it can be set-up, is that right?

Thai_tong
[ Display Name History ]

Thai_tong

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
Yes the only exceptions are polypore dungeon monsters. Waterfiends are done in the ghorrock fortress so a cannon is used there too.

Thai_tong
[ Display Name History ]

Thai_tong

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
I've fixed the monsters xp to bring it in line with the recent changes to slayer monster xp

Thai_tong
[ Display Name History ]

Thai_tong

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
Killing the queen black dragon is now an option for black dragon tasks. Smokey9112 logged the drops from 1001 qbd kills

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Combat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users