Rapier stats reversed?

Barihawk

Regardless, we can all agree that the weapon needs a strong stab attack, and medium slash attack, right?

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Regardless, we can all agree that the weapon needs a strong stab attack, and medium slash attack, right?

Yes. They should have fixed it.

[RPGNerd] Played alot of Pirates of the Caribbean. Used Rapier alot there, and it is stab attack. [/RPGNerd]

Ok, I did this quest the day after it came out but the majority of runescapers don't have access to the pirate island... why? They lack the farming level to do Rum Deal (loved Rum Deal). My farming level is only 55 and I'm ranked the 12,000th farmer in all of runescape. The fact that level 55 ranks me so high in the high scores tells me there are *a lot* of people that can't do Rum Deal and thus can not do Cabin Fever.

Now, for 25k I wasnt expecting a sword to rival even a dragon dagger, but as a quest reward for a quest that so few runscapers have the level to do I would have at least thought it would have some useful utility. Barring useful utility, I would have thought that it would at least be tradable so I could pawn it off on the fashion concious who dont have the stats to do the quest. (I made 100k selling pirate outfits for 25k ea with only 5 minutes of standing in Seers ;) )

I agree that the whole slash/stab thing is wacked. Although not a proper fencer myself, I've always been into RPGs/sword-era combat etc and consider myself quite well educated on the real historical angle. Indeed, if you were slashing with a rapier to attack your enemy you're not using it right.

Since rapiers were popular flourentine weapons, why not allow a dual wield (one in each hand)? Even though its only as good as a rune scim, being able to wack 2x as often might make the weapon at least interesting.

i was about to ask what the heck was a rapier doin in rs and why i never heard of it, but the post above cleared that up. and from what i can tell from this topic, yeah, the rapier seems completely unbalanced...

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

It may in fact be glitched, but keep in mind, logic is a fickle thing in a world where grown men hit monkeys with axes to get stronger and pick cabbage all day.

are u attacking the O.o.C?????? IT is quite a noble order and the question should not be why pick cabbage but rather why not pick cabbage :? :?

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

It may in fact be glitched, but keep in mind, logic is a fickle thing in a world where grown men hit monkeys with axes to get stronger and pick cabbage all day.

are u attacking the O.o.C?????? IT is quite a noble order and the question should not be why pick cabbage but rather why not pick cabbage :? :?

LOL, I love the OoC, even if I think they're a little whacked-out in the head. :wink:

And yeah, I was talking with a couple friends who fence, and they:

a) Had never heard of rapiers being used in fencing, and

B) Came to the conclusion that a stab would indeed be its most effective attack.