Hi kind Sir/Madam and welcome to my hub.

After lurking for ages in the tip.it blogscape area I figured I will finally make a topic myself, since I am awesome and everyone will want to hear what I have to say. This blog will be dedicated to my skilling and bosshunting endeavours.

Very shortly about myself:

I am 24 y/o, been playing RS off and on since 2001, my current character started out as addy pure in RSC (addy 2h + mith armour, later addy armour + r2h). My name has never been changed, since I named my char Purekilljoy in honour of Ladykilljoy. When RS2 came out I stayed with RSC and then quit after a year or so since I really really hate change. :) [On that note - I actually find EOC enjoyable and have not gone to 2007]

I have always been pretty much of an "off and on" kind of player, I usually play in spurs of 6 months to a year and then quit for 1-3 years. But since RS is the first MMO I ever played (and the only once) I always come back to it. It is my childhood afterall, how can I quit on that.

IRL: I have a masters in International trade management, finishing my MBA this spring (writing my dissertation atm - FML) and I work as an export sales manager for a large corporation, wherein my area of experties is telecommunication.

RS: I pretty much keep to myself, I have 2 people on my friends list who I talk to when they are on and I have 4 others who I have talked and haven't removed from my friends list, but mostly all my chats are off, because [bleep] you, thats why. I have always hated skilling with a passion, in 2012 february when I started playing again, I had skill total ~1800-1900 with hunter and construction sitting pretty at lvl 1. But then at some point one of my friends got me hooked on skilling, and since december 2012 I have pretty much only been skilling, occasionally PVMing to help my cash stack. I still don't really enjoy skilling all that much, so whenever there is a buyable skill I will go for the quicker way, e.g. only magic logs for FM, broads for fletching, addy for smithing and so on.

I am also a big fan of efficiency, so all tips for max xp/h in terms of my skilling are greatly appreciated. :)

GOALS:

Short term - total 2400 - will be very quick, expect to get it this weekend

Long term - maxing (total will depend if I get there before or after new skill) - Gonna be a pain because of agility and hunter

Before the new skill coming out in summer I expect the following 99's - herb, farm, con, wc, fm, fletch, craft, thiev (maybe fishing and rc also)

purekilljoy.png

As soon as I get home I will upload a picture of my AWESOME POH and also this post will be reserved for starting stats.

As promised, here's a picture of my sweet POH (Which I only used for prayer and construction training obviously) and also starting stats

startingg.jpg

This is some shitty shitty resolution, what format should I save it as to get future pics to look like they have been actually taken on the 21st century?

purekilljoy.png

wc97.png

~130k off of FM lvl, will get that while WC-ing, with scrimshaw that's about 500-600k WC xp and then I'm going to get that fletch 99 to finish up 2400+ total. 300k broad arrowheads already bought, they were cheap as [bleep].

Which are more AFKable teaks or pines? I got like 2,4M WC xp left, so far I have only done pines

purekilljoy.png

Got 2 fletching lvls today. Good day, 221k broads left to fletch, but cbf to do more atm. Good news - only 1 lvl off of 2400, kinda don't even want to get it at the moment, 3 months ago I didn't believe I will reach it before the summer and here I am already. What will I do past 2400..

2399.png

purekilljoy.png

Boom. What are you going to do for crafting training?

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Of course you are my friend! You are still on my friends list - afterall, the bearded lady taught me all I know about DG.;) It's just that as you might have noticed I don't chat all that much. Especially now since you have many stronks in 07scape and I have 1 stronk there. Just to make sure our friendship survives the hardships of private-off, I will send you a PM next time I am on.

purekilljoy.png

Personally I do artisan for the lovely afkability - gotta watch them shows and what not.

I use addy ingot i for smithing there, I used to do SC hammers, then it was about 220k xp/h + the time needed to get hammers.

Now I do them without SC hammers, I am averaging between 108-110k xp/h and 13,6 gp/xp

I did steel ingot ii for something like 82-85, but I found it too slow for the gp/xp.

At the moment depending on your income you might be best off doing steel ingots for xp.

steel ingot i - about 52k xp/h at 4,9 gp/xp

steel ingot ii - about 100k xp/h at 9,1 gp/xp

I absolutely loath gold smithing, I'd rather watch paint dry than smelt another bar of gold, so for me the only thing to do is artisan, I just finished with addy to get 91 quickly, now looking at the figures I might go for steel ii to get to 99

purekilljoy.png

Personally I do artisan for the lovely afkability - gotta watch them shows and what not.

I use addy ingot i for smithing there, I used to do SC hammers, then it was about 220k xp/h + the time needed to get hammers.

Now I do them without SC hammers, I am averaging between 108-110k xp/h and 13,6 gp/xp

I did steel ingot ii for something like 82-85, but I found it too slow for the gp/xp.

At the moment depending on your income you might be best off doing steel ingots for xp.

steel ingot i - about 52k xp/h at 4,9 gp/xp

steel ingot ii - about 100k xp/h at 9,1 gp/xp

I absolutely loath gold smithing, I'd rather watch paint dry than smelt another bar of gold, so for me the only thing to do is artisan, I just finished with addy to get 91 quickly, now looking at the figures I might go for steel ii to get to 99

Yeah, I don't think I can make another Iron Plate, I've used 80k Iron Bars in less than 4 days and am kind of dying. I think I may take a break and make some money for Addy plates and meanwhile play around with Artisans, though the gp/xp rates don't seem all the much cheaper.

I would think that superheating gold would be much more bearable with the action bar. Add superheat to it and hold down that button and just spam click the last bar in your inventory? It's supposed to be ~145 k smithing and 135 k magic exp/hr.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I would think that superheating gold would be much more bearable with the action bar. Add superheat to it and hold down that button and just spam click the last bar in your inventory? It's supposed to be ~145 k smithing and 135 k magic exp/hr.

So click intensive. Ew how do you guys live.

You could prob do your broads during hunter to save overall time. I did my 99 fletch w/ broads while cannoning crawlers pre-effigy nerf but it's something you shouldn't rush since it's easy to do if you were otherwise bank standing or you can find things you can do during it.

P0lPXdo.png

You could prob do your broads during hunter to save overall time. I did my 99 fletch w/ broads while cannoning crawlers pre-effigy nerf but it's something you shouldn't rush since it's easy to do if you were otherwise bank standing or you can find things you can do during it.

Yeah, I plan doing the last 2 lvls while waiting for bosses to spawn in GWD, I tried it during hunter, but it was very click intensive.

Also, in related news, about 600k to max xp xounter

purekilljoy.png

Just figured out what I am doing next, after base stats 91, fm lvl and wc 99 I will be getting craft 99 and fm 99. For that i will need approx 190M for black d-hides (current prices - damn, prices have gone up and it seems that this trend is growing, last I did craft blue and green hides were 9-10 gp/xp, now they are 20 and 24 gp/xp, and black is only 28gp/xp) And for FM I will need only about 25M.

I might start bosshunting shortly after wc 98, but I won't start fm before I have wc 99 - can't waste that precious fm xp from inferno adze!

So in the near future you can expect a lot of PvM pics.

purekilljoy.png

Awesome!

I would presume that the reason hides (especially black dragon) have gone up is because the level required for them has decreased (as has the demand) and thus people don't kill Black Dragons for dragon hide - however, since they are still one of the best methods of crafting EXP dragon hide are is still heavily supplied.

make feather headdresses. According to this they are ~400 k exp/hr and only 3-4 gp/exp.

witchynosaur.png

arma1e.png

Today I was soloing Arma and duoing, made roughly 12M - 1x helm solo 2x chest duo split + random drops not a bad day. Not great either, I don't have duo drop pics, but I was informed they shall be uploaded here. :P

purekilljoy.png