KILL COUNT INCREASES YOUR CHANCE OF GETTING A BARROWS ITEM

Leesters

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it only if you kill more borthers or anything in there?

ill quote the whole query later but the customer support guy said

killing barrows bros = chance to get barrows armor

other monsters = everything but barrows armor, so this may be useful in dmed/half key occurances

It is defiantely worth taking this further.

First: get 30 people to get doing 100 barrows trips each. They must record the frequency of the drops they gain and eventually work out the mean, range and medium averages. Each person would have to kill a precise number each time so the first would kill none the second one, the third two and so on.

Second: Gather the averages (mean, range, median and perhaps mode)

Third: Create varios charts from the gained data, and if the curve is significant then we have very accurate statistics which have a 99.9% chance of being correct and not just lucky.

Until a more precise test like the one above is carried out you have not persuaded me. For it to be a fair test you must also try it again and compare the curves.

Didn't Jagex say themselves it didn't matter.

Jagex said this because they thought no one would try to prove them wrong. If this is posted they will claim that it was luck so This is why I'm saying a more thorough test needs to be carried out.

First: get 30 people to get doing 100 barrows trips each. They must record the frequency of the drops they gain and eventually work out the mean, range and medium averages. Each person would have to kill a precise number each time so the first would kill none the second one, the third two and so on.

Third: Create varios charts from the gained data, and if the curve is significant then we have very accurate statistics which have a 99.9% chance of being correct and not just lucky.

Until a more precise test like the one above is carried out you have not persuaded me. For it to be a fair test you must also try it again and compare the curves.

problem is range/median/mode arn't that useful in this study. Maybe if we were doing a studying on number of items per chest say 1, 2, 3 items. mean/population prop is all we are concerned about. the only problem is we do not know the actual chances so direct statistical inference cannot be very sound, we can only make a general assumption since we do not know how an armor drop is determined

I only did 6 sometimes 7 and what was my average? Like 1 per 7chests...

same i get 7 and iv gotten 5 items in past 20 trips, where as i only got 2 at 20kill count in the past 20 trips to chest before i changed dont get anymore blods but barrows items makes up for it :o

I spoke with Paul (yes "The" Paul, lol) in game about this. He told me what his understanding of the process was but I do not want to post the screenies without his permission. The reason that I am posting this is in the hopes that he reads this thread as he is sometimes inclined to do (he read my thread about jagex making a profit off of macroers. This is why he contacted me). So, Paul, if you are reading this, message me here or in-game please so that I can ask your permission. I am doing this as a common courtesy not because of your position. Unless somebody does something illegal or immoral I will not post our convos without their permission. I am going to post this on my thread also and then update it depending on your response, yay or nay. :?:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

• 1 month later...

I'm sure you made a post a few months back that it didnt make a difference :s

or was that somebody else...oh well

nice to know if it does, but im still not satisfied.

sig1zs0.jpg

De_Pk - Level 117 - Banned September 30th '06.

I remember seeing this on a clan site a while ago. The output wasn't that conclusive, it still could have been luck.

Didn't Jagex say themselves it didn't matter.

maybe they lied,

from the past we learn JaGex does lie

1. when pple started to get 85 slayer, JaGex kept saying there wasnt such things as aby whips,

2. POHs

____

they probly say that it doesnt help so that pple dont get kill counts, and they dont get better items, to keep barrow items higher priced on the market

sig.jpg

i still think time and kc ratios are more important than just kc

once i got my kc to what, 200 something, junk items, and i was due for a barrows item near that, i dont think kc is the whole picture of it

also, everyone just simplifies down the chances of random to like 1:12.whatever

but in reality it could be as random as a million inside a 12million radius zone

Well im my case, it has to be luck. I've done 49 (and counting) barrows runs getting 15-25 kill count each time, still no barrows item. But I have more then made up for my troubles in the amount of runes I get, im just not getting rich of the whole process.

cocojo.png

Subject: Re: Your Recent Support Query

Date: 28 Mar 2006 13:48

Delete

Dear Hiddel,

Thank you for contacting RuneScape Customer Support. The kill count is purely there to show you how manyu Brothers you've killed. It bears no influence on the chance of recovering the Armour from the chest. A little bit of luck is all that's required.

Good Luck. :)

Don't forget to use the RuneScape Knowledge Base to find the answer to your queries quicker.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Rourke

RuneScape Customer Support

On 26th March 2006, you sent us the following:

In the barrows section of the Runsecape data base of knowledge it says that kill count serves to show you how many brothers you have killed.

My question is does the kill count increase the chances of gaining barrows armor from the chest?

The contents of this message are strictly confidential and are intended only for the owner of the account to which it was sent. The contents of this message must not be disclosed to any other person or copies taken.

sent that in about a week ago. i wish he would have been more vague and been like, "it may be possible to increase your luck by increasing your kill count..." or something...but that sounds like its a fact. i dont really do barrows anyway lol =p

p9793481.gif

p8170253.gif

if leesters says something its probably true, leesters is one of the best players out there, and probably the best on tip.it.

Yes, if I say something, its true.

No, I'm a horrible player, actually. Level 118, and I've tried 14 times and I still can't get a fire cape. I look like a noob when I PK or play castlewars, and I can't seem to duel worth a bean.

My clicking skills are far below average. lol. But I'm a SMART player, and that makes up for it.

But... I NEVER MAKE ANYTHING UP. You can rely on my posts being fact, or me stating in the post that its just an opinion. :)

And.. thank you for the compliment. :D Can I adopt you? lol.

I think he means in modesty :oops: :P

anyways your a great guy in my point of view, and it really doesn't matter if you can't click well in RS, your still a cool person

anyways I'd rather stick with 6 kill count only the brothers, its worked wonders for me em I think 20 trips Dhatoks Platebody, Torags Helmet, Guthans warspear, Karils leather skirt, and karils coif