Pures suck

Powerfrog

If you're going 41 def, get 42 for training with void...

Meh think I'll just go 45 def to simplify things. Cool to have the literal max strength gear anyway.

Even if you dont want to use a zerker helm - 1 or 2 combat levels, even in edge, really isn't as important as jagex's RNG dicerolls...

Just because luck is involved doesn't mean you shouldn't try maximize your odds. I've seen a guy argue they don't wear strength amulets in the wilderness because their max is still high enough to kill people and if they hit high or not is all "random" anyway... You're using the same logic. Please don't, it hurts my brain.

• Like 1

CNqWHdA.jpg

Yeah that's just stupid, and of course you should force the best odds you can. But people worry just a bit too much over fractional advantages and disadvantages when the truth is it doesn't reaaally matter as much as getting out there and having at it. Yesterday I [at 67 cb] killed a level 71 and died to a level 64...

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

The best PK'ing stats would probably be:

X HP

60 attack

87 strength (level "hump" there for super str pots); closest "balance" to range and mage-based combat too

45 defense

99 magic

99 range

52 prayer

Lets you access pretty much everything in the game except for some bossing.

80 strength might be better, but you can't use vengeance w/o being mage-based. So you'd have to be a little higher than the boost hump at lvl 80. I was 80 str when I was a rune pure originally and it ate 1-def pures for breakfast :lol: range tanks were still challenging to fight, though. need higher att to kill them consistently.

77yLQy8.png

X HP

60 attack

87 strength (level "hump" there for super str pots); closest "balance" to range and mage-based combat too

45 defense

99 magic

99 range

52 prayer

I like where you're going with this but for the best edge pker IMO (in terms of wins/losses and money earned/money spent)...

85+ HP - This is the stage where you're not likely forced into eating constantly because your enemy is a serious risk to your HP at all times

60 attack - Duh

99 strength - While 87 would be a good point to stop to get an additional advantage, 99 just gives you the stopping power required to out damage enemy healing, as enemies of all levels can and will use sharks/brews regardless of your strength. Lower strength will result in less fights ending in death, more in teleporting (waste of supplies regardless of who does the teleporting)

40 defense - as stated earlier it's not currently practical to risk zerk helm as the advantage isn't worth the cost.

99 mage - Veng and +5 just because you can.

1+ Range - Just because you don't have to :P

31 prayer - It'd be wiser to convince others not to smite and hold a solid advantage having the same offensive boost as them, at lower cb.

CNqWHdA.jpg

31 prayer - It'd be wiser to convince others not to smite and hold a solid advantage having the same offensive boost as them, at lower cb.

'no smite' pisses me off so much.

Sure, i'll take smite off. Now you take off those three str levels that you chose instead of smite... Another reason why I don't like edge!

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

X HP

60 attack

45 defense

99 magic

99 range

52 prayer

I like where you're going with this but for the best edge pker IMO (in terms of wins/losses and money earned/money spent)...

85+ HP - This is the stage where you're not likely forced into eating constantly because your enemy is a serious risk to your HP at all times

60 attack - Duh

99 strength - While 87 would be a good point to stop to get an additional advantage, 99 just gives you the stopping power required to out damage enemy healing, as enemies of all levels can and will use sharks/brews regardless of your strength. Lower strength will result in less fights ending in death, more in teleporting (waste of supplies regardless of who does the teleporting)

40 defense - as stated earlier it's not currently practical to risk zerk helm as the advantage isn't worth the cost.

99 mage - Veng and +5 just because you can.

1+ Range - Just because you don't have to :P

Well the reason I didn't say 99 strength was because around that level you're gonna start seeing less 1-def pures and more range tanks and piety pk'ers. More profitable kills probably, but you won't necessarily be top of the food chain anymore. At that point you'd probably have to start considering 70+ attack since 60 attack isn't too great against people with 70+ def and barrows armor.

As far as smite goes, I PK with public chat off so I don't have to read everybody's irrational whining :D

77yLQy8.png

'no smite' pisses me off so much.

Sure, i'll take smite off. Now you take off those three str levels that you chose instead of smite... Another reason why I don't like edge!

"omg no fc"

well then how bout no dds?

• Like 1

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

With regards to berserker helm being 50k more expensive than rune helm, if you paint your helm, it becomes the full 78k more expensive.

As far as the best build, this is in my opinion one of them.

X HP

60 Attack

8X-9X Strength

70 Defense

94 Magic

9X Range

70 Prayer

This works out at around 90-99 combat, and with 70 defense & barrows, you are able to tank a lot of damage, waiting for a lucky combo with the admittedly low performing 60 attack. It makes for an even fight against range tanks, a comfortable win against rune pures, and complete domination against 1-20 def pures. Downside, feels like you're cheating, very tempting to get 450k attack xp and be a dharok's pure, which although fun, is a bit too high to be maximally effective. If you want to be a dharoks "pure", go for a 31 prayer build with high hitpoints.

LgEZt.png