F2p Dungeoneering Binds

Vinyl DjPon3

So I have a Non member account that I dungeoneer on, kind of a...Dungeoneering Pure I guess.

It was just a fun account I made awhile ago, and what I do on it is Dungoneer, and exhaust all the resources to level up my skills. Just to see what kind of levels you get from dungoeneering while skilling.

Now I'm using it to kind of get back into the game a bit, and all the new combat changes have kind of left me at a loss of what exactly is good to bind now.

Things I've noticed, and would like clarification on...

Do Robe Tops/Range Tops give you range accuracy anymore? It doesn't appear that they do.

Does Wearing Melee Armor NOT give you a NEGATIVE accuracy when using Magic/Range anymore? (same question, but with other Armor vs Other combat styles)

When I buy a tangle gum staff from the smuggler and equip it, it appears to give me unlimited of all Elemental Runes. Is this the same for any other Non-Elemental Staff in dungeoneering now? I'm assuming that Elemental Staffs usually give more accuracy/damage in exchange for this advantage?

Due to abilities, the type of melee style you're using doesn't seem to matter much anymore. I've found that I've been just as successful in killing monsters with a Maul/Spear/2h. Which one is best, or does this really not matter since I'll be rarely using basic attacks with abilities?

Aside from that, as a F2p account in dung, what are the best things to bind and use? What loadouts tend to be most effective?

This to note.

I CANNOT use the group gate stone teleport spell

I CAN make up to chaos runes

I CAN use any tier weapons/armor

As well as craft any tier weapons/armor avaliable to F2p

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Things I've noticed, and would like clarification on...

Do Robe Tops/Range Tops give you range accuracy anymore? It doesn't appear that they do. They do not give any accuracy boosts.

Does Wearing Melee Armor NOT give you a NEGATIVE accuracy when using Magic/Range anymore? (same question, but with other Armor vs Other combat styles Plates, legs and shields all give negative bonuses, while boots/gloves/helms do not.

When I buy a tangle gum staff from the smuggler and equip it, it appears to give me unlimited of all Elemental Runes. Is this the same for any other Non-Elemental Staff in dungeoneering now? I'm assuming that Elemental Staffs usually give more accuracy/damage in exchange for this advantage?

Due to abilities, the type of melee style you're using doesn't seem to matter much anymore. I've found that I've been just as successful in killing monsters with a Maul/Spear/2h. Which one is best, or does this really not matter since I'll be rarely using basic attacks with abilities? 2h is best as more monsters are slash weak then crush or stab.

Aside from that, as a F2p account in dung, what are the best things to bind and use? What loadouts tend to be most effective? I'm not sure how many binds you have, but 2h>short bow>plate and then arrows

This to note.

I CANNOT use the group gate stone teleport spell

I CAN make up to chaos runes

I CAN use any tier weapons/armor

As well as craft any tier weapons/armor avaliable to F2p

answers bolded

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

NVM, I figured out the negative bonus thing. It just doesn't show unless I'm holding a weapon.

If I can get my hands on a Catalytic Staff, would that be worth saving over the plate for the sake of combat variety?

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Catalytic staff is a definite must as it will give you unlimited free fire blast spells. I don't know what your magic level is, but I've found mage to be much more effective than melee recently with a Catalytic-Bryll top-Bryll bottom loadout.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Fire blast is t59 damage, I think f2p only has up to tier 50 equipment otherwise, so that would explain the advantage for magic.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Yeah, I was surprised when I discovered that it was available for F2P DG. Not that I'm complaining of course. :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

So I'm kind of thinking that as a loadout, I would have a Fractite 2h, Spinebeam Shortbow, and Catalytic Staff. With fractite Arrows as a bind.

Since I actually do skilling in the dungeons on this account, I can always make my own armor, but I've noticed armor is really unneeded regardless now, so I figure an all-out offense would be nice, and it allows me to take full advantage of the combat systems.

I almost always get rune ess at the start, or I can just buy a small stack to make my own Cosmic runes for teles, so I don't see much use in binding those. But I'll keep those bound until I get lucky enough to get the bow.

Only problem now...Getting the Staff and bow, since you can't make them on F2p

Edit: Well that was fast....Now for the Bow.

Forgotten Rangers are most common on Furnished Floors, correct?

catlytic_zpse56814c2.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Don't bother ranging in f2p, it's not as useful as you think it is.

Get 64 magic, so you can use the group gatestone teleport.

Get 54 runecrafting, so you can craft laws. Depends on if you choose to bind laws or cosmics, but always useful to have. (Yes, unbind the arrows too.)

Get at least 50 in all skills as to open all critical rooms easily. For some reason, the upper bound for critical paths in f2p is level 49, which implies crits are between level 40-49.

Replace the bow with a bryll top. If you are 90 dging bind bryll bottom too, extra HP is OP.

Magic should be your primary style with melee as your secondary.

You shouldn't be skilling in dungeons. Open all doors and ignore all monsters not in guardian doors, and finish the boss. But if you really insist on skilling, add a fractite pickaxe and hatchet to your toolbelt.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Replace the bow with a bryll top. If you are 90 dging bind bryll bottom too, extra HP is OP.

Magic should be your primary style with melee as your secondary.

You shouldn't be skilling in dungeons. Open all doors and ignore all monsters not in guardian doors, and finish the boss. But if you really insist on skilling, add a fractite pickaxe and hatchet to your toolbelt.

Why a Bryll Top?

What's good about having a higher Life Point cap, I still have to eat to it don't I? Food doesn't heal more either. Armor in general sure doesn't seem useful right now other than for the the 2 hardest bosses I can fight, which I'll have the resources to make the armor by the time I get there. So why the Bryll top?

I'm skilling in dungeons, that's the point of this account, to skill in the dungeons and see what kind of levels I get ONLY IN DUNGEONEERING. Already got the fractite as a result.

If it helps at all, here's my stats

Dungoneeringstats_zpsaf5c133c.png

All of these levels have been gotten while dungeoneering, no over world play has been done except for walking to damonhiem on account creation.

I will not spend time outside of dungeoneering to level up stats.

My current Binds are

Fractite 2h

Fractite Body

Catalytic Staff

Cosmic Runes

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

You say it's pointless to have a higher HP cap, yet you bound a fractite plate.

Bryll top is still the better choice because magic > melee. Unless you are making full fractite armor... but shouldn't you have the GP to make full bryll too?

Meh. If you're doing levels only in dg, then ditch the shirt and try finding a spinebeam bow from rangers I guess. Or ask someone to spawn you one.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

That sounds like a fun account. Magic is gonna be by far the best as you level up your combat stats, so consider getting level 64 magic for group gatestone teleport if you are doing mediums or larges. Otherwise just stick to smalls and primarily use your other combat stats if you want to have them even as you level up, as magic is going to be ideal the closer you get to 99s. I haven't rechecked this since dual wield update, but fire runes were an excellent bind before that, but now you may be able to get a level 40 accuracy magic weapon that provides runes, which before was impossible being f2p, as a spinebeam staff was only obtainable in p2p, and the alternative being a tangle gum staff (infinite runes but level 1 accuracy) or an air staff (30) + fire runes or catalytic (40) + blastbox (airs). Abilities don't use up runes. Or did they fix catalytic staff to provide runes? Sounds like they did.

You should probably stick to 2 combat styles at once. You can have a plate of whichever style in each loadout and if you get a boss that is really difficult to kill with a style (like maging cursebearer) you can pretty easily swap at home. Starting with higher lp is useful. Equipping armour right before boss and suddenly doubling your max hp isn't.

P0lPXdo.png

I like my platebody because you can get one-shot wearing only a hood if you've taken just ~200 damage from monsters (4500 lp with hood iirc). I hate summoning/prayer doors :(. So that's one thing armour is good for :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Won't level 49 doors max like, half as much? Not something I've ever checked, just assumed. But that would mean as you get high levels you'd hardly ever fail and get hit less and less % of your max hp.

P0lPXdo.png

Bryll top is still the better choice because magic > melee. Unless you are making full fractite armor... but shouldn't you have the GP to make full bryll too?

Because I haven't found a bow.

I was asking because I wanted to know the advantage of the Bryll top over the Fractite Top.

I've noticed robes don't give a magic attack bonus, and the fractite body only lowers my magic attacking by about 10 points, so it's unnoticeable So I guess until I can get my hands on a Spinebeam short bow, I just need to know which top is more beneficial.

That's a good idea on getting someone to spawn one for me.

Or did they fix catalytic staff to provide runes? Sounds like they did.

yes they did, I have a catalytic staff now.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Because I haven't found a bow.

I was asking because I wanted to know the advantage of the Bryll top over the Fractite Top.

I've noticed robes don't give a magic attack bonus, and the fractite body only lowers my magic attacking by about 10 points, so it's unnoticeable So I guess until I can get my hands on a Spinebeam short bow, I just need to know which top is more beneficial.

if you're maging more, a mage top is more useful. There's slightly more meleers then rangers or mages in DG so it's better defensively too.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

There's slightly more meleers then rangers or mages in f2p DG. [citation needed]

fixed :P obviously not true in occs/warps.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Abandoned_floors

picks/spiders/earth warriors/bats/green dragons/giant skeles/hill giants/hobgoblins/melee skeles/melee zombies/forgotten warriors

vs.

range skeles/range zombies/forgotten rangers/mages/shades

5 range/mage vs. 11 melee (although they aren't randomly distributed...)

DM0Yq2c.png

There are certainly a lot less mages in f2p dg as you say. I wouldn't really say less rangers though in abd, as zombies and skeletons are extremely common and usually ranger form. The themes were originally intended with these weaknesses:

Ice - Crush

Abd - Slash

Furn - Stab

Occ - Range

Warp - Mage

Though their intentions weren't necessarily that accurate. And eoc changed it a lot. Furn is definitely very effective to mage.

So yes, you're right, I wasn't considering f2p/p2p when you said that.

P0lPXdo.png

I'd say currently I melee as much as I mage in f2p. Doing dungeons solo though, I don't see many monsters high enough level to worry about switching styles for, save the few random high level forgotten Warriors in a room on their own.

bounds_zpsde31c38c.png

Got my bow to complete my teir 5 set, so now I'm ready for all. Thanks for the help guys

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt